Has anyone seen a player bounty hunt pop up yet?

Freakshow9191

When frontier pursuits came out I remember hearing that player bounty hunts could happen.  

I haven't seen one pop up yet, so I assumed people are keeping their bounties paid down to prevent being hunted.  OR, rockstar hasn't implemented it yet.  

Has anyone ever seen one yet? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

When frontier pursuits came out I remember hearing that player bounty hunts could happen.  

I haven't seen one pop up yet, so I assumed people are keeping their bounties paid down to prevent being hunted.  OR, rockstar hasn't implemented it yet.  

Has anyone ever seen one yet? 

I have wondered the same, as I also haven't seen one.  But isn't it something that unlocks with one of the Bounty Hunter ranks?  I am rank 14, so just assumed that I hadn't got there, yet.

Still never seen a player bounty although I'm normally in defensive mode and I imagine its one of the things you need to be offensive for. It may have been trying to trigger when I've seen the pop-up to switch to offensive to see nearby missions. R* must expect it to be a fairly commonplace occurrence as I've had player bounties as a daily challenge several times.

26 minutes ago, Bucnation3139 said:

Had one pop up couple weeks ago. No sooner than it popped up the player quickly jumped server or shut the game down. That's the only one I've seen. Was so looking forward to that part myself. No one is being bad it seems ! Lol

They need to lower the bounty threshold to be eligible to have a player bounty slapped on you. $20 is too high.

• Thanks 1

i was roaming with 20 $ + bounty on me for 3 days - besides the constant and annoying NPC hunt for me there were no player that tried to kill me. Maybe the bounty was too low. I had to pay off the bounty bcoz the NPC's were like flies all over me. Sometimes after killing them all and surviving the hunt on my head after a couple of minutes another one started. Very hard to do missions that way and almost no exp for dead cops (5 xp each if i remember). 

Also from the start of the update there were never any attack on my camp.... this sux. 

Edited by James Hickok_1837
  • Like 1

Ok, well good to know they are in fact happening.  I spend a little too much time on the game and I'm surprised I've never seen one. 

James hickook: I've had 2 camp raids. But I was somewhat close to my camp each time.  I think (not sure) that they won't raid unless you're within a reasonable distance to get back and defend. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

They need to lower the bounty threshold to be eligible to have a player bounty slapped on you. $20 is too high.

100% bud ! Not enough bandits in the game right now. It was a big selling point to me that we could hunt outlaw players and have a great battle. No such luck so far !

22 minutes ago, James Hickok_1837 said:

i was roaming with 20 $ + bounty on me for 3 days - besides the constant and annoying NPC hunt for me there were no player that tried to kill me. Maybe the bounty was too low. I had to pay off the bounty bcoz the NPC's were like flies all over me. Sometimes after killing them all and surviving the hunt on my head after a couple of minutes another one started. Very hard to do missions that way and almost no exp for dead cops (5 xp each if i remember). 

Also from the start of the update there were never any attack on my camp.... this sux. 

Yes sir we have a player who was a good 80 % in the bad.  The npcs were relentless in him to the point that we couldn't get 300 yards without more coming to get him. It was fun for awhile but like you said you can't do anything without them on your back. He eventually got caught without backup and killed him and took the amount owed right out of his pocket ! He has been good since ! Lol

2 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

Ok, well good to know they are in fact happening.  I spend a little too much time on the game and I'm surprised I've never seen one. 

James hickook: I've had 2 camp raids. But I was somewhat close to my camp each time.  I think (not sure) that they won't raid unless you're within a reasonable distance to get back and defend. 

Yes I'd agree with that - my camp has been raided once, last week, just as I was arriving back, I could hear the gunfire and Cripps swearing at them as I rode up.  So it might well be that they're geared to happen in time for you to help out (just like trader deliveries, the destination depot being under attack as you get there rather than arriving to a pile of dead bodies and thinking 'oh').

I believe it is like $23 . But it really isn't worth it. I believe you get $17 if you capture them alive and less if you kill them. Really not worth it IMO. Don't get me wrong , I don't mind shooting people........BUT, I am not chasing you around for $17 . They need to raise it. Make it like x2 or x3 what it is now. Or maybe if a player is a level 300 that factors into the reward being higher. I dunno. Right now it isn't worth my time especially when I can make $50+ on a 3* NPC bounty. I did one a few weeks ago thinking I get paid. Nope. Much like the player/posse assassination mission, the payout needs to be higher. Players are supposed to be harder than dumb NPCs. Which is why the pay should reflect that.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Savage_Reaper said:

I did one a few weeks ago thinking I get paid. Nope.

So you successfully captured a player. Hell yeah! 

Was he dead?  

I can't imagine an "alive" player in a bounty wagon or tied up on the back of a horse very long without switching sessions or something. 

10 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

So you successfully captured a player. Hell yeah! 

Was he dead?  

I can't imagine an "alive" player in a bounty wagon or tied up on the back of a horse very long without switching sessions or something. 

I used the bounty wagon. Once in there they can't get out.  But all and all it really is kinda lack luster. The way R* was hyping up Player Bounties, I was expecting more. That is why it is rare to see one pop up. Most people will just ignore it. Hopefully it changes in the future. But to me the 3 roles seem very hollow and lack depth/complexity. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 1

I saw one pop up last week, I forget the amount but it was definitely over $20.00 and I had the opportunity to accept and then try to go get the person, I declined as I was doing something else at the moment, but I did think, oh thats neat, someone has to go out of their way to get a $20 bounty, its not that easy.

Edited by lumper

Half the times I ride into either Tumbleweed or Valentine some player or another seems to be murdering everyone left, right and centre, yet I haven't seen one player bounty pop up.  I step around the corpses as I calmly go about my shopping.  Surely it would be worth $50 to the law to have someone step in and stop that sort of thing!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

I had my first one pop up last night - someone with a $20.70 bounty.

However, by the time I tried to look them up (a handful of seconds) they had disappeared - don't know whether they server hopped, or something, rather disappointing, though!

I think I saw the exact same one, the dollar figure matches

I accepted it but I think they hopped off immediately as nothing further happened, nothing appeared on my map.

i wasn’t necessarily going to hunt the person down, twenty bucks ain’t squat in this game but I was curious as to how it looked.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

I had my first one pop up last night - someone with a $20.70 bounty.

However, by the time I tried to look them up (a handful of seconds) they had disappeared - don't know whether they server hopped, or something, rather disappointing, though!

14 hours ago, Dbuck64 said:

I think I saw the exact same one, the dollar figure matches

I accepted it but I think they hopped off immediately as nothing further happened, nothing appeared on my map.

i wasn’t necessarily going to hunt the person down, twenty bucks ain’t squat in this game but I was curious as to how it looked.

I saw the same one, was similarly disappointed when the player skipped town.  We might have had an impromptu forum meetup, as the three of us arrived in a hurry to get our man! 

I think simply increasing the bounty reward would make the whole player bounty thing function better.  There could be a gold reward or something for the bounty target, which they earn if they manage to avoid the hunters.  Would give them some incentive to stick around and see if they can take the heat.

Nah, no gold reward... allow them to pay off the NPC bounty hunters, but keep a player bounty intact until it’s successfully collected (NPCs won’t bother them, but players still can). It would represent them being such a badass that only the elite bounty hunters (the players) would dream of going after them... but the NPC bounty hunters will leave them be to do their best hint in their he mean time...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

allow them to pay off the NPC bounty hunters, but keep a player bounty intact until it’s successfully collected (NPCs won’t bother them, but players still can). 

I would imagine NPC bounty hunters is what's keeping us from seeing player bounties too often.   

I tried keeping my bounty up at one point to see if I ever got targeted for a "player bounty" but the NPCs constantly attacking every few minutes made me pay it off quickly. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

I would imagine NPC bounty hunters is what's keeping us from seeing player bounties too often.   

I tried keeping my bounty up at one point to see if I ever got targeted for a "player bounty" but the NPCs constantly attacking every few minutes made me pay it off quickly. 

That is exactly why my proposal would work... go to the post office, pay your bribe and the NPCs would leave you alone... however, your elite bounty hunters can still come after you (maybe make it about 25% of your total accumulated bounty) until it is collected. Too badass for NPC bounty hunters to handle outlaws require badass bounty hunters to hunt them down...

The bounty system is completly off as it is now bcoz R* didnt think about it and mixed the "new" bounty system with the old one. 

There is no actual way for a player to be the outlaw....    I was testing this for the last 2 weeks. 

The old bounty system with NPC bounty hunters stayed the same and after the update they implemented the bounty hunter role messing things up. 

For example i would like to be the outlaw with high bounty on me so other players may hunt me. The bounty for some1 to even care should be 100, 200 , 500 and even 1000 dollars for it to be profitable. There is no actual way to acheive that bounty in game. After you get the 10 $ count NPC's start to chase you sometimes every few minutes or so. The NPC in towns and shops will not speak to you and overall the game becomes unplayable bcoz of the constant NPC bounty hunter attacks. The NPC give only 5 xp for each kill....

I was playing with a 20+ dollar bounty on me for 3 days and not even one player came after me. I couldnt make missions bcoz of the NPC's , could not buy items from shop. I had to loose the bounty in order to play the game. I did this 3 times keeping the bounty at least 3 days and still nothing happened to me from the players side but i was constantly harassed by the NPC's. 

They need to increase the bounty score so ppl would want to hunt them. They also need to get rid of the NPC raids bcoz it stops a player from gaining higher bounty scores. 

I always thought that there will be a list of outlawed players with bounties on them that you could take.  I would pick a player with 500 $ bounty on him for example and it would not start a mission like it is now informing the player that he is beeing chased. It should be an open world bounty without showing where the target currenty is. While free roaming when you would encounter an outlawed player in some distance to you it would then inform you that this player has bounty and you could decide if you want to take him down or not. Similar  to the tracking of trade wagon deliovery - when some player starts a delivery near the location where you  are you are notified of that. I

The way it is now the outlaw is notified that he is beeing chased and simply quit/ change server. 

There is so much that can be done with the system. There can be jails for captured players , public hangings, and posse jail breaks and much much more. 

The player bounty system in its current state is broken and needs to be adressed in next updates. 

• Like 1