Alligators....

parkenman

They're still everywhere . . . . if you get on a less populated server. 

It is quite bad how empty the world is these days in RDO. The other day I was in St Denis on a quiet server and I couldn't believe how much was going on - I'd totally forgotten it can be like that as it's always a ghost town these days. R* really need to do something about this.

2 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

They're still everywhere . . . . if you get on a less populated server. 

It is quite bad how empty the world is these days in RDO. The other day I was in St Denis on a quiet server and I couldn't believe how much was going on - I'd totally forgotten it can be like that as it's always a ghost town these days. R* really need to do something about this.

Agreed.  

I say it to my posse mates all the time,  first fix constant DC's, spawning, and camps, THEN, worry about stupid stuff like swine masks and zombies. 

Rockstars engine is misfiring and running poorly. But hey!! Check out these shiny new wheels!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CrabApples said:

I find that they spawn MORE on a populated server. The problem is, the server may have people who are hunting them a lot so it seems like there are never any showing up. 

I don't know if this is the case every time. When I am gator hunting, I tend to find them on servers that have fewer people so long as they are not hanging around the spawning areas. Maybe it just depends on the server and the spawning isn't balanced right. 

• Like 1

Yesterday i run from Lemoyne to Ambarino just for a jackrabbit. Right now the game is a joke concerning animals and camps. Every time i contacted R* they said that in a future patch they will fix this. I don't see any patch though. BUT...when they had a problem with challenges resets (many of you should remember that one) they rushed fixing it in 2 or 3 days. Guess why... This means that they take the animals or Cripps problem lightly. If challenges reset everyone will stop playing but if there are no animals that's ok we will keep searching the map midlessly till we find 1 or 2. Sad and irresponsible if you ask me. Sometimes game puts me in a good server but other times no matter how many times i reload the game is dead so i switch off and play something else. Realy sad situation right now.

15 hours ago, Antonia said:

Yesterday i run from Lemoyne to Ambarino just for a jackrabbit. Right now the game is a joke concerning animals and camps. Every time i contacted R* they said that in a future patch they will fix this. I don't see any patch though. BUT...when they had a problem with challenges resets (many of you should remember that one) they rushed fixing it in 2 or 3 days. Guess why... This means that they take the animals or Cripps problem lightly. If challenges reset everyone will stop playing but if there are no animals that's ok we will keep searching the map midlessly till we find 1 or 2. Sad and irresponsible if you ask me. Sometimes game puts me in a good server but other times no matter how many times i reload the game is dead so i switch off and play something else. Realy sad situation right now.

I have to ask, since I don't know much about the online end of the game... Has it ever been good? Like animal spawning. I was reading a bit of a rant a few days ago where someone was talking about bad spawning in video games and this one was named specifically about the animals that seem to hardly spawn. 

I actually asked them about this months ago. Not just with gators but a lot of other critters too. They only said that the spawns are dependent on the number of players on the server and the amount that are being killed. They said that in most cases, if you are not finding any of the animal you are looking for on the server you are on, they should reappear within the hour. Not sure if that is helpful for anyone though. 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:37 AM, Freakshow9191 said:

Agreed.  

I say it to my posse mates all the time,  first fix constant DC's, spawning, and camps, THEN, worry about stupid stuff like swine masks and zombies. 

Rockstars engine is misfiring and running poorly. But hey!! Check out these shiny new wheels!!!

The problem with your argument, is that the design / modeling department has nothing to do with the coding / programming department within R*. These are 2 separate department within R*.That’s why the design / modeling department continue to work & create new models such as masks & clothing for our character. 

So your argument is that R* needs to halt production on the modeling department because the coding department can’t fix their glitches..

2 hours ago, C20Dragon said:

The problem with your argument, is that the design / modeling department has nothing to do with the coding / programming department within R*. These are 2 separate department within R*.That’s why the design / modeling department continue to work & create new models such as masks & clothing for our character. 

So your argument is that R* needs to halt production on the modeling department because the coding department can’t fix their glitches..

True. But the problem that highlights is that R* clearly has its resources in the wrong place from a dedicated fan of the game’s perspective. As a business understandably they are following the money which largely comes from casual money-rich/time-poor gamers and kids who value shiny new things well above core gameplay mechanics.  

They appear to have shot themselves in the foot as regards the hardcore players adding any money to the coffers beyond the purchase price of the game with the collector role - there’s absolutely no need for microtransactions if you have any reasonable amount of time to play the game. At least until all new content just gets ridiculously priced like in GTAO...

It took me an hour to find an alligator today. The Bayou region is a like a ghost town.

I've now basically stopped playing as a Trader, I can't set up my camp anymore anyway AND there are almost zero animals. (I do try to change servers but it's no use, I always end up in a session with 20 people.) So yeah. It's definitely NOT getting any better with the animal spawns - and I don't think I'm the only one who's massively annoyed by this by now. If I can find animals (it's never more than a rabbit and maybe a deer) I just sell the pelts to the butcher.

If you give it time on a populated server I find they usually clear out quite a lot within 15-20 mins allowing you to set camp and find animals. It’s also not like you need that many animals to keep Cripps going. When animals are bountiful stock up on things you can keep in your satchel - teeth, feathers, small animals etc and keep your wagon stocked with whitetails and cougars for emergency cases. Also, switching servers by taking missions is more effective for getting on a quieter server than switching via the online menu.

5 hours ago, C20Dragon said:

I'm not concerned with how they operate their departments within the company.  I'm the end user, all I care about is that the product I paid for works properly. 

If you buy a new Honda car, and it runs great but the seats suck, you don't say "Honda's drivetrain department did great but their interior division needs help".  

No....

You say "Honda needs to fix these seats"

Well, "rockstar" needs to fix their glitches.  

• Like 3

On 11/2/2019 at 3:21 AM, Antonia said:

.....or it could be that animal spawns are more complicated than other concerns they are able to resolve relatively quickly.   It could be that the issue isn't as far reaching as some may assume or directly tied into performance in sessions, etc., etc.   The fix for daily challenges could have been an obvious break or flaw in the code which helped them identify the problem and fix it in short order.  .....the animal spawns may not be so cut and dry.

1 hour ago, Freakshow9191 said:

I'm not concerned with how they operate their departments within the company.  I'm the end user, all I care about is that the product I paid for works properly. 

If you buy a new Honda car, and it runs great but the seats suck, you don't say "Honda's drivetrain department did great but their interior division needs help".  

No....

You say "Honda needs to fix these seats"

Well, "rockstar" needs to fix their glitches.  

.....but then I'm also not thinking that if they had only brought in the departments that engineer or work on the drivetrain, I would have gotten better seats.  That was the point.  It has nothing to do with the additional content being released.  

The bottom line is that it seems R* is aware some are experiencing issues with animal spawns and camp set ups which IMO / IME is a good thing.  If they acknowledge it then there is a really good chance it will get resolved.  The solution simply may be more complex to address that some may think.  

All I was saying is, the important stuff, like disconnects, spawns, and camps are fundamental, important, core issues of gameplay, that should be the highest priority.  

The optics of it look bad to me. I see swine masks and a new poncho before the game runs properly, and I get the feeling rockstar doesn't care about the important stuff. 

" I just disconnected again and lost another large wagon that took me forever to fill due to the camp, and animal spawns problems, but hey, thank God I have this sweet swine mask to wear!"

We didn't have these spawn and camp issues before the FP update, which is creeping up on 2 months ago.  In 2 months they can't code it to spawn a few more animals? Or fix a camp glitch?  Im sure it's an amazingly complex process I can't possibly understand, but maybe they should bring all their knowledge and departments to bear on these core issues, and get the engine running smooth, first.

That's the only point I've ever tried to make. 

.....and all I'm saying is that maybe there's a lot more to it than what some folks suspect.  The fact of that matter is we just don't know but personally, I wouldn't say that any of what is being presented here is indicative of a company that "doesn't care about the important stuff".  If I'm going to be quite honest, I just see a lot of assumptions being made with little knowledge of what may be actually going on behind the scenes, what's involved, etc.  

My only suggestion would be that folks continue to submit trouble tickets and follow through on them until issues like these get resolved.  

My opinion, I don’t care about the new models as the models don’t have anything to do with coding. My problem are these new pvp / showdown modes R* keeps coming out with every other week. As this take way their coders to create new pvp / showdown modes instead of having their full coding department working on fixing these glitches with the Trader role. 

Btw the camp not spawning is an issue I had before the new roles update. I even made a post on this forum about it, couple of days before the roles update dropped. I said what’s the point in having the Trader role if my camp never spawns in, it seen that after the update everyone now has the camp spawning glitch.

I’m annoyed as you guys are about it. I created a 2nd character because my main character just refuses to spawn my camp or animals. But on my 2nd character I only have the collector & bounty hunter role & have no issues with animals spawning, so I hunt while looking for the collectors stuff. I don’t care about my camp not spawning since I never use it.

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

If I'm going to be quite honest, I just see a lot of assumptions being made with little knowledge of what may be actually going on behind the scenes, what's involved, etc.  

Nope, I have no idea what's going on at their RDR2 meetings.  But as a consumer am I supposed to know how the sausage is made?  I completely understand I know nothing about what they're facing.  My understanding of their challenges doesn't change the fact I can't pitch a camp, get disconnected frequently, or have a hard time finding animals. 

But it appears to me, due to the glacial pace of fixing very important issues, that they've lost sight of what truly matters.  

Their lack of communication leads to "assumptions".   This isn't a new problem that popped up last night. And after months of this, "we're aware and working on it" starts to not hold water anymore.....for me. 

4 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

.....and all I'm saying is that maybe there's a lot more to it than what some folks suspect.  The fact of that matter is we just don't know but personally, I wouldn't say that any of what is being presented here is indicative of a company that "doesn't care about the important stuff".  If I'm going to be quite honest, I just see a lot of assumptions being made with little knowledge of what may be actually going on behind the scenes, what's involved, etc.  

My only suggestion would be that folks continue to submit trouble tickets and follow through on them until issues like these get resolved.  

...then again they could say something about the difficulty of the problems they are facing and not leaving players in darkness. They should know first hand how frustrating it is to not be able to progress in a role or play the game at all is some situations. When they, as developers do not say anything then people may believe what they want, thus all these negative posts in twitter.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 6:40 AM, parkenman said:

They used to be everywhere in the swamp.  Now I can't find one.  WTF?

In my experience on the Xbox One, I have noticed that there are less of them as you get further away from the swamps. I remember that I use to find a lot of them around the grass next to bridge that leads into St. Denis, but now they only seem to spawn in decent numbers in the swamp lands. Somtimes I don't find many, but I ride back to the swamps later and there they are. 

Personnally, I would be riding between the swamps (Lagras and Lakay) to just above Rhodes and then down to Braithwaite Manor. This will get all your hunting for Deers, Boars, Alligators, Turkeys, etc. While doing this, also hit up the Tammy and Black Belle missions. Don't forget to sell your loot from those missions to the Fence after selling to the Butcher. 

Edited by Vendetta

• 3 weeks later...

At the end of the day this is a major problem for the majority of players, I can only speak for the players that use PS4, I was going to buy the game on PC but the state of the game on PlayStation is rubbish. I can play for upto 8 hours a day and the situation doesn't improve, and the problem started after the Moonshiner role dropped. I actually thought R* had done the animal spawn issue on purpose so that players would play the Moonshiner role more. Also switching servers for me is an issue because I end up with an endless black screen which I have to close and reload the game from scratch. You don't need 20/20 vision to see the game is flawed and at the end of the day the buck stops with R* imho.