What other weapons would you like to see?

Jborho

23 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

The 1911 didn't see service until a decade after the time RDR2 is set in.  In 1899 it was still a prototype and not in the form of what we know as the 1911 design.

Gps and radar track didn't exist until 1973, but yet here we are.... lmao.

I like the sword idea and also the bayonet.  Or other melee weapons like a broken beer bottle or a horseshoe.  It would be cool to be able to use items that were laying around.  Say you're in St. Denis in the middle of a fire fight and you run out of ammo or something.  You could run into the saloon and break off a table leg and go to work in close quarters lol.  

Interactable items would be awesome!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madfretter said:

Gps and radar track didn't exist until 1973, but yet here we are.... lmao.

Well in that case, bring on the phased plasma rifle in 40 watt range.  Why let any sense of reality stop us, right?  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Archbell said:

Le Matt Revolver

Buffalo Rifle

Crossbow

I think the crossbow is pretty much a definite. The menu in the catalog says "bows". SO they're intending on adding more and there aren't too many options besides a crossbow for this time frame.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Here are my ideas,

Arisaka Rifle 5 shots straight pull bolt, Webly MK1, Henry martini, Mosin Nagant, A Tanto knife to replace the Hunting knife would be cool too, maybe a Katana and visible steath and add one for the machete too, I would also like to see a visible quiver and add a Yumi (Japanese longbow) maybe a Russian Cossack Sword but that's all i can think of for now

On 1/4/2019 at 11:35 AM, madfretter said:

I think the crossbow is pretty much a definite. The menu in the catalog says "bows". SO they're intending on adding more and there aren't too many options besides a crossbow for this time frame.

Yumi and Mongolian Short bow are options too

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 3:28 PM, Jborho said:

Other firearms in this era:

Mosin Nagant- 7.62x54r 

Lee Enfield

Mauser rifle

Skoda MG

edit: 1911

Mosin Nagant: Wishful thinking because they were still being Ordered by Russians

Lee Enfield: No maybe a Lee metford though

Mauser: Maybe

Skoda: Haven't heard of it but even so Skoda (like a Maxim) would need a mount and if you want it to be transportable you would need a team (or say a deployment animation and a Pack up Animation)

1911: Not a chance cause that's a model from 1911 if it was thought of in 1899 it would definitely be a prototype

Many of mine are wishful thinking too so let's wish together.

On 1/4/2019 at 2:17 PM, BropolloCreed79 said:

Hammers.  Nothing quite as statisfying as smacking an opponent in the face with the business end of a good old fashioned framing hammer.

Not that I know what that sounds like...

Back in January I would have thought no way will they introduce hammers as weapons. Lol.  

Also from January, we ended up with bolos and lamat as well.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 6:18 PM, Seikyo Bushi said:

Mosin Nagant: Wishful thinking because they were still being Ordered by Russians

The Mosin was already around a few years sooner than the Type 30 you suggested which apparently didn't start production until the year the game takes place (1899).  I would say you were more likely to see a Mosin than an Arisaka rifle in the U.S. but I'll wager both would have been relatively rare not to mention the ammunition. 

Mauser: Maybe

The earliest of the Lee Enfield rifles had been in service as early as the late 19th century and served in the Boer War (1899 - 1902).  ....as were versions of the Mauser rifles and the C96 pistol we already see in RDR2 as simply the "Mauser Pistol".

Many of mine are wishful thinking too so let's wish together.

Other than the 1911 which was already covered, I would say his list isn't so much "wishful thinking".  

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

The Mosin was already around a few years sooner than the Type 30 you suggested which apparently didn't start production until the year the game takes place (1899).  I would say you were more likely to see a Mosin than an Arisaka rifle in the U.S. but I'll wager both would have been relatively rare not to mention the ammunition. 

The earliest of the Lee Enfield rifles had been in service as early as the late 19th century and served in the Boer War (1899 - 1902).  ....as were versions of the Mauser rifles and the C96 pistol we already see in RDR2 as simply the "Mauser Pistol".

Other than the 1911 which was already covered, I would say his list isn't so much "wishful thinking".  

What about a Murata then?

13 hours ago, Anc1entC0re said:

Were rocket launchers even a thing back then? I am not one to know the history of weapons but I can't imagine this is something we'd see in an old western style game. 

Well, maybe not rocket launchers... but rockets as an artillery piece have been in use in warfare long before RDR2 timeline... check out the Congreve Rocket, developed somewhere around 1804 for an example...

oh, and this was written in 1814 I believe, I doubt that hey would have mentioned rockets if they weren’t used in the bombardment...

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Anc1entC0re said:

Were rocket launchers even a thing back then? I am not one to know the history of weapons but I can't imagine this is something we'd see in an old western style game. 

The Chinese were dabbling in crude forms of rocketry about a thousand years ago and they've existed in some form or another throughout history.  

Either way, he made the reference as a joke.  I wouldn't mind seeing cannon / artillery though from fixed positions.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:18 PM, Seikyo Bushi said:

Not 100%, but I’m pretty sure the Enfield officially replaced the Metford throughout the common wealth by the mid 1890’s... for sure by the late 1890’s... so definitely within the time frame of RDR2... On a side note, I’ve used Lee Enfields during Arctic Patrols into the 21st century, as they were not only more reliable in the hellish cold, but had a little more Oomph to take out a potential rouge Polar Bear than the standard 5.56 modern military cartridge...

I actually have three different Enfields... This one is my favorite... a nice all in one piece No.4 Mk 1* with a first issue spike bayonet...

D9C0B01C-3118-4547-9F28-0871DAFCB532.jpeg

Edited by The_Liquor
  • Like 1