Be warned. Level 91 players packing Explosive ammo

RED_DEADMAN

Just a heads up. Just recently I've started  coming across more and more higher level players that are toting around explosive ammo. 

This ammo can 1 shot you and your horse frem nearly any range and hit any part of your body to do it. 

I recently purchased the pamphlet required to make this in case they try this on me but unless your level 91-92 you wont be able to buy it(also costs $1000...yeah). 

They can only carry 10 of each weapon type of this ammo which is 40 rounds but that's a lot of dying before it's a fair fight so be warned.

Usually these are only used by either cowards who cant hold their own (especially if you are wrecking their whole crew in a 1v3    or.  Sometimes used by a few players just having a laugh but I find it near impossible to deal with if you dont have the same ammo.  Even with dead eye abilities cards maxed and fortified health it will knock you on your ass long enough for them to get the killshot in.

Its OP AF.. with the only limiting factor is the amount you can carry. 

Still...just thought I'd share.

• Like 2

My buddy is Level 150ish and always carries them .He is always getting jumped. I don't know if it is his high level or what . Every time I ride with him I feel like the whole server is chasing down our posse. He uses them as "get out of jail free cards" or when severely out gunned . Besides , collecting all that animal fat is a pain so you think before you use those rounds. lol. 

9 minutes ago, KylesDad7 said:

Level 150!?!  Jesus, I thought I was doing good hitting 45 last night.

There have been people over level 100 for a while now.  They are either paying people to help them level up, using exploits and / or have no life.  😁

• Haha 2

And here I am at level 50 something...

Well, this is good to know. I will have to rank up and use this ammo as a means to protect myself. People are starting to get more trigger happy these last few weeks. I think it is out of boredom like mentioned. 

Actually the higher leveled players are less hostile then new ones. At least that's what i've encountered.

When we were rolling in a posse of 7, we had plenty of people below level 20 trying to step on our toes. One guy even followed us from Tumbleweed all the way to Rhodes just to constantly earn bullets. It was just annoying.

8 minutes ago, cadashka said:

Actually the higher leveled players are less hostile then new ones. At least that's what i've encountered.

When we were rolling in a posse of 7, we had plenty of people below level 20 trying to step on our toes. One guy even followed us from Tumbleweed all the way to Rhodes just to constantly earn bullets. It was just annoying.

My experience has been mixed although when someone is roaming around with names like "xxITROLLUxx", etc., it's a safe bet they're up to no good.  .....seriously though, I run into players with names like that who are high and low level. They are part of what I like to call my proactive blocking program.

10 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

There have been people over level 100 for a while now.  They are either paying people to help them level up, using exploits and / or have no life.  😁

Or have a life and know what they are doing.... It is good that explosive ammo is very limited in rounds though. As for the animal fat it is only limited to 10 and used in a lot of items so there are quite a few restraints to using them. Although I am fully stocked on all ammo types I cannot recall ever having used explosive ammo on players. Fire and dynamite arrows give much nicer special effects :D

I am lvl 135. i only use exploding rounds on griefers. i never target players with them who do not deserve it. i always get a griefer come to me even if i am hunting in remote place. in showdown i will use them if i spot a rubber band or modded controller. low lvl griefers should check players lvl before attacking. it is quite odd when they start hate messaging and playing the victim because they thought i was a soft kill.

4 hours ago, Euphoric77 said:

Or have a life and know what they are doing.... It is good that explosive ammo is very limited in rounds though. As for the animal fat it is only limited to 10 and used in a lot of items so there are quite a few restraints to using them. Although I am fully stocked on all ammo types I cannot recall ever having used explosive ammo on players. Fire and dynamite arrows give much nicer special effects :D

Exactly. It is all about time management. A lot of people spend hours online but not really maximizing their time properly. If you are a day 1 RDRo player, it is really easy to be over 100 . My buddy is very very efficient at grinding stranger missions. I rank up so fast riding with him. Some people grind Showdown religiously. I am Level 74 and work full time plus go to gym daily for 2-3hrs. If I really pushed myself, I could easily be 100+.  Saying someone has no life is harsh and kind of ignorant to be honest. Someone out there is already Level 350+. Now that dude clearly does nothing but sit in front of a console. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 1

Honestly I'm level 101 but I could have easily been 20-40 levels higher at least if I gave crap at all about grinding and ruining the whole experience. Ive gone on 4 hour hunting trips and lead my horse for over an hour before just so that when other players encounter me, I appear to be real, or at least my character is behaving semi-real.  Met a lot of cool people just by being the one person who doesn't gun you down as soon as I see you. At least until I see a gun raise, then I mow you down like the sad little bastard you are.

I agree with you guys also, I only use explosive ammo if someone kills me with it 1st. (Sometimes I get the feeling that these guys get surprised when I kill them with it as if they think if I had it then why wouldn't I have used it earlier since its just me vs 2, 3 , or 4 member posses. )

• Like 1

SAFETY IN NUMBERS

Posse! RDO is to bring players together and I'm guilty of playing solo way too much. I bought a large camp and created a posse. While I've never had more than two other riders with me, I think  griefers pause before randomly attacking. The drawback is that I play at strange hours because I'm a night owl and because of that, changed the settings to open posse one night. What happened? Some guy joined and it turns out he was a griefer's griefer 😡

I'm retired and have all the time in the world to play. I just haven't done the time grinding and in truth need skills. I think I just hit level 26. 

IMHO it would be great if high level players--especially from this forum--would join our [my!] puny little posses. Perhaps those high-level players could find new satisfaction in the game eliminating the griefers that stifle lower players' progress negating the rewards from hours of hunting. 

Grateful shout out to @BurbonChaser who has help me understand opportunities I have been missing, especially how to make the game more profitable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Exactly. It is all about time management. A lot of people spend hours online but not really maximizing their time properly. If you are a day 1 RDRo player, it is really easy to be over 100 . My buddy is very very efficient at grinding stranger missions. I rank up so fast riding with him. Some people grind Showdown religiously. I am Level 74 and work full time plus go to gym daily for 2-3hrs. If I really pushed myself, I could easily be 100+.  Saying someone has no life is harsh and kind of ignorant to be honest. Someone out there is already Level 350+. Now that dude clearly does nothing but sit in front of a console. 

My remark was in jest.  ......hence the the emote.

.....although there were a few reached that level early on in the game as I mentioned.  As it stands now it's not unusual to run into higher level players and there has been weeks for people to make that happen.  I didn't intend for anyone to feel offended by my remark.

58 minutes ago, Major Dammidge said:

SAFETY IN NUMBERS

Posse! RDO is to bring players together and I'm guilty of playing solo way too much. I bought a large camp and created a posse. While I've never had more than two other riders with me, I think  griefers pause before randomly attacking. The drawback is that I play at strange hours because I'm a night owl and because of that, changed the settings to open posse one night. What happened? Some guy joined and it turns out he was a griefer's griefer 😡

I'm retired and have all the time in the world to play. I just haven't done the time grinding and in truth need skills. I think I just hit level 26. 

IMHO it would be great if high level players--especially from this forum--would join our [my!] puny little posses. Perhaps those high-level players could find new satisfaction in the game eliminating the griefers that stifle lower players' progress negating the rewards from hours of hunting. 

Grateful shout out to @BurbonChaser who has help me understand opportunities I have been missing, especially how to make the game more profitable. 

I'm semi-retired myself and I'm at level 37 but the only time I typically play games is at night.  Just can't bring myself to do it during the day. As weird as it sounds, I feel guilty if I do so I keep myself busy with other projects, etc.  I think there are more of us on here in this age range than I realized.

I actually spent some time at Thieves Landing(?) the other night.  I ducked down in the wheelhouse of the docked boat and started shooting away.  ....the law came and I shot some more.  Now I know why some people do this in Saint Denis.  It's a really easy way to get XP.  The Lobo(?) gang kept spawning in so I kept shooting.  Not one player ventured into the area the time I was there.  

• Like 1

I run with a full posse and extra members hanging around. While we wait our missions out (apparently that gives more exp to wait until the last second to turn them in). We are usually hunting/fishing, killing NPCs or any people that want to try to mess with the mission. So we're making money and exp while the mission ticks down. So at almost all times we're constantly gaining exp. I was rank 28 when I met them and in about a week-ish I got to 75 (I'm 77-78 right now). Our leader is rank 138 or something.

On 1/17/2019 at 2:50 AM, Major Dammidge said:

SAFETY IN NUMBERS

I'd be happy to join your posse and help with hunting if you're on the xbox. Although I'm mainly grinding Stranger and Online story mission when I'm playing solo or with mates, i still enjoying hunting just as much. Not a high level player (Lvl 70 as of now) but higher numbers of posse members means a better chance of survival.

On 1/17/2019 at 10:40 PM, mizTik said:

I ran into a few level 90 somethings the other night and they were using this ammo against another group of players. The other group got completely blown back. If I see anything 91+, I just avoid them lol

Was loading my panther carcass on my horse and a level 73 came by and killed me and my horse. He kept coming after me, I managed to kill him a few times with my shotgun and slugs seeing that I could not headshot him due to his cards. This apparently poised him off because he then started using explosive ammo in his shotgun.

Sad really, going around messing with low level people.