How to deal with Slippery Bastards?

cadashka

Yesterday was the first time my posse encountered a posse of 3 who were obviously running with Slippery Bastard. Everyone of them. They were running with constant Dead Eye only to drop out while aiming and instantly jumping back in to Dead Eye. Topping this with explosive ammo. We were a posse of 7 and tried our best but had no other option then jumping to another session.

Is there a counter strategy against this? This is unbelievable nonsense from Rockstar. We have had a few low level people in our posse mostly unaware of this card at all.

Edited by cadashka
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, cadashka said:

Yesterday was the first time my posse encountered a posse of 3 who were obviously running with Slippery Bastard. Everyone of them. They were running with constant Dead Eye only to drop out while aiming and instantly jumping back in to Dead Eye. Topping this with explosive ammo. We were a posse of 7 and tried out best but had no other option then jumping to another session.

Is there a counter strategy against this? This is unbelievable nonsense from Rockstar. We have had a few low level people in our posse mostly unaware of this card at all.

Hey bud , we have a couple in our posse that run that card and they say it depletes the dead eye really fast. So they would have to find cover to take a potion or eat the big game meat treated with thyme. There is your opening. Using cover  untill they try to refill seems to work. I myself run with never without one and peak condition. Also I like to fight from horseback so the horseman card is extra damage. I don't have too much trouble with this slippery card because our posse always moves to outflank these cats. When surrounded they can't handle the load of bullets flying at them. Hope this helps. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You can also toss dynamite/fire bottles if you have them. Dynamite arrows, any spread damage (shotgun). Or yeah like they said wait it out. If you're lucky enough to get close enough to tackle them or rope them, there's that too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Renascent said:

You can also toss dynamite/fire bottles if you have them. Dynamite arrows, any spread damage (shotgun). Or yeah like they said wait it out. If you're lucky enough to get close enough to tackle them or rope them, there's that too.

Yes sir ! Also I've noticed an influx of people getting there hands on explosive ammo. They have to be level 93 I think to buy that pamphlet. And let me tell you my friend that stuff is straight nasty !  If a posse of 7 all had that stuff lord help us all !! I'm on a mission to get it ! Level 76 right now and climbing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cadashka said:

Yesterday was the first time my posse encountered a posse of 3 who were obviously running with Slippery Bastard. Everyone of them. They were running with constant Dead Eye only to drop out while aiming and instantly jumping back in to Dead Eye. Topping this with explosive ammo. We were a posse of 7 and tried our best but had no other option then jumping to another session.

Best counter is you have to learn to free aim. I love the perk. I use it to annoy varmit spammers. I think it is a brilliant perk. Every card set up can be countered. I faced a posse doing the same thing last week. But that is why I keep a scope on my Lancaster. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cadashka said:

Yes, switch to Free Aim in the settings, stop relying on a horrible aim bot and you won't ever have an issue with it.

The only nonsense from Rockstar is that there aren't any free aim lobbies. 

Edited by Born Homicidal
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

Yes, switch to Free Aim in the settings, stop relying on a horrible aim bot and you won't ever have an issue with it.

The only nonsense from Rockstar is that there aren't any free aim lobbies. 

Sorry but i won't do such things because those Slippery Bastard players will not stop auto aiming me. They will drop out of Dead Eye for a fraction of a few seconds, aim me, shoot and jump back to Slippery Bastard. That's actually the point i don't like about this card the most.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cadashka said:

Sorry but i won't do such things because those Slippery Bastard players will not stop auto aiming me. They will drop out of Dead Eye for a fraction of a few seconds, aim me, shoot and jump back to Slippery Bastard. That's actually the point i don't like about this card the most.

Guess the  best solution would be to have the ability have a delay of when they can go back to auto aiming. Should go to rosckstars feedback page and suggest it. 

As I mentioned if you used free aim you would never have an issue with any slippery bastard wielder as it wont affect you what so ever. Of course auto aimers would have an advantage but overall it enhances the experience and gives you some pride in killing people rather than the aim, flick up and shoot method oh and add in the .22 caliber varmint rifle to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

Guess the  best solution would be to have the ability have a delay of when they can go back to auto aiming. Should go to rosckstars feedback page and suggest it. 

As I mentioned if you used free aim you would never have an issue with any slippery bastard wielder as it wont affect you what so ever. Of course auto aimers would have an advantage but overall it enhances the experience and gives you some pride in killing people rather than the aim, flick up and shoot method oh and add in the .22 caliber varmint rifle to that.

It does affect me. I can't aim them when they have the card active and i don't know when they will drop out of it and aim me.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cadashka said:

It does affect me. I can't aim them when they have the card active and i don't know when they will drop out of it and aim me.

I think what Homicidal is trying to say is, those who have found success have done so by using free aim.  If you take some time and practice you may find you like free aim better then auto-aim.  Some do, some don't.  You asked how to deal.  That is an option, it may work and it may not for you.  If you give it a try you may be surprised a how good you can be.  I'm not great at free aim on here, got became dependent on auto-aim from the story and need more practice.

Now talking with some of the Born Clan, they are all Free Aim players, so if you need tips.  I would pick their brains for advice. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I think what Homicidal is trying to say is, those who have found success have done so by using free aim.  If you take some time and practice you may find you like free aim better then auto-aim.  Some do, some don't.  You asked how to deal.  That is an option, it may work and it may not for you.  If you give it a try you may be surprised a how good you can be.  I'm not great at free aim on here, got became dependent on auto-aim from the story and need more practice.

Now talking with some of the Born Clan, they are all Free Aim players, so if you need tips.  I would pick their brains for advice. 

Those guys we've met simply used explosive ammo or dynamite. In order to be successful with this you might not need the most perfect free aim skills. It's just important that the explosion is somewhere close by. But ya, training in free aim will help that's no question.

Edited by cadashka

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I typically find the gunplay mechanics in R* games a little clumsy for me.  ....even fine character movements.  

It's funny but I usually prefer free aim in most other games I play but not R* ones.  It just doesn't feel as comfortable as other titles do.  ....but then again, I don't play these games for the gun play mechanics.  It's the whole package with all the other aspects of their games that attract me. 

If they had hardcore sessions with no AA, no ability cards, etc. I'd probably be all over it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Been a bit since I studied the cards, but I believe Slippery Bastard keeps players from locking on with Dead Eye, which makes me think that it wouldn't work.  Paint it Black requires Dead Eye.  I remember someone saying online once that Free Aim was the best option, but someone else suggested a different set of cards.  I don't remember what that was, but I remember the players saying how the right set of cards made you almost invincible.  

Edited by YodaMan 3D

54 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

Been a bit since I studied the cards, but I believe Slippery Bastard keeps players from locking on with Dead Eye, which makes me think that it wouldn't work.  Paint it Black requires Dead Eye.  I remember someone saying online once that Free Aim was the best option, but someone else suggested a different set of cards.  I don't remember what that was, but I remember the players saying how the right set of cards made you almost invincible.  

No i mean as a counter. So other player has SB and i have PIB. I might try later tonight.

1 hour ago, cadashka said:

I am not near my XB right now. But just had a thought:

Would Paint it Black help? Anyone tried this?

Just my experience with paint it black but all it does is Mark several targets before shooting. You would have to be fast as lightning to pull that off against higher level players. You have raised a great question though ! Can you paint a slippery basterd ? I'll have to try this. 

I've just made a few tests and Paint it Black does in fact work even with Slippery Bastard. I am going to upgrade it to level 3 and add a few Body Shot cards next to it in order to counter additional head shot blockers. This might actually help next time.

Edited by cadashka
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I am low level so not much chance against slippery bastard. I was getting it handed to me pretty bad. I decided to grab my knife and zig zag run straight at them. I got the take down 3 times but was overpowered and lost the fight. Maybe with rope instead of knife would have done it. I will try that next time.

15 hours ago, Renascent said:

I second this. Soon as you can get it and afford to stock up, use it against people like this. I started doing it a few weeks back and it makes a difference. People tend not to screw around with a player throwing dynamite lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

some players have auto aim off in settings so slippery b is tequired to combat casual aimers. even then we have to contend with pib. i believe setting game to free aim should enable no one to auto aim or use pib. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:48 AM, Savage_Reaper said:

Best counter is you have to learn to free aim. I love the perk. I use it to annoy varmit spammers. I think it is a brilliant perk. Every card set up can be countered. I faced a posse doing the same thing last week. But that is why I keep a scope on my Lancaster. 

Put a scope on every gun that will let you, very helpful.

Slippery bastard huh?

I never heard of it, im at level 21 so I have lots to learn, but this sounds rough.

Level 97 for explosive ammo? ugg 

I really wish they would allow us to buy anything that is level locked with gold anytime we wanted, so if you have the gold you can obtain said item early on, I need 75 levels to get that pamphlet, that seems crazy to me.

Edited by lumper

1 hour ago, lumper said:

Put a scope on every gun that will let you, very helpful.

Slippery bastard huh?

I never heard of it, im at level 21 so I have lots to learn, but this sounds rough.

Level 97 for explosive ammo? ugg 

I really wish they would allow us to buy anything that is level locked with gold anytime we wanted, so if you have the gold you can obtain said item early on, I need 75 levels to get that pamphlet, that seems crazy to me.

That's what pay to win is. Letting low ranks buy overpowered sh*t just cuz they have the irl money for it. A bad disease that seems to plague most MMOs. So far it hasn't fully touched RDO yet. It's not crazy and feels good when you finally get to the rank to obtain/use it. Low ranks with explosives is like giving a tantrum ridden 5 year old a flamethrower.

Also slippery bastard basically makes your accuracy sh*t and you can't lock on to them, they can't lock on to you. Very handy in showdowns like fool's gold and that one I can't remember but you gotta get the other team's loot bag.

Edited by Renascent
  • Like 4