Jump to content

Shooting/Killing Someone then Logging Off?


Renascent
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I've noticed a weird trend this week and I am sure it's not people just disconnecting coincidentally. This happened to me and my friend/posse as often as 5-8 people an hour.  But like, someone will either run up or suddenly spawn next to or near me. Either shoot at or kill me, then immediately log out or run away and log out. This happens almost everyday and I can't for the life of me think as to why someone would log in to shoot someone once then log out, or run up to you and do that then log out. Anyone can enlighten me?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I immediately report users like this for disruptive behavior and then block them.  Knock on wood but I've been lucky so far in being able to do this before they log off.  

Personally, I would also submit feedback on the R* website.  IMO, this is something beyond the normal griefing issue given that people using these kinds of hit & run tactics could certainly make things worse over time.  Even with the anti-griefing mechanics R* has talked about implementing, I could see something like this being used to escape consequences if this exploit isn't taken into account when they implement them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I immediately report users like this for disruptive behavior and then block them.  Knock on wood but I've been lucky so far in being able to do this before they log off.  

Personally, I would also submit feedback on the R* website.  IMO, this is something beyond the normal griefing issue given that people using these kinds of hit & run tactics could certainly make things worse over time.  Even with the anti-griefing mechanics R* has talked about implementing, I could see something like this being used to escape consequences if this exploit isn't taken into account when they implement them.

Yeah they need to make it like other mmos. Where if you're in "combat" or recently attacked or was attacked, you can't log out. But then again they could just close the application. So I don't know what else could be done to moderate that once anti griefing tactics finally hit. Make it so that if you hit and run you automatically get a fine. I don't know man. Luckily I've only been killed once and only cuz he spawned right next to me, but my friend though man he was killed like 5 times in an hour by 5 different people lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This game has so much potential, but R* needs to get a handle on it and fix all these bugs and exploits. Between that and the griefing issues some are having it just takes the fun out of it for many.

Not sure what the best option for R* would be for handling the griefing issues, but I can say that the measures they are talking about will not work. Sending lawmen after griefers is just feeding them xp. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe if they get a bounty immediately upon committing the crime, that follows them regardless if they log off.  In other words, if they log off, the bounty sticks when they log back on.  ....including time limit penalties or whatever.  Maybe that might make logging off a moot point?  Just spitballin' here.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Maybe if they get a bounty immediately upon committing the crime, that follows them regardless if they log off.  In other words, if they log off, the bounty sticks when they log back on.  ....including time limit penalties or whatever.  Maybe that might make logging off a moot point?  Just spitballin' here.

Hmm, interesting thought. I would also include that while bounties on said  persons are active, they would not have access to any towns stores. This would add a bit of realism into the situation.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would like to see high bounties put on persistent griefers in the game. It's getting out of hand now most are low level kids but some are high level adults. Another feature that could be added  is a safe time card meaning for a short period you can not be attacked or attack any one. Nothing more annoying than spending 2 hours collecting perfect pelts just to  have them lost by some A hole greifer shooting you and your horse whilst on the way to sell them, I dont get why these fools dont just join showdown if that's the kind of play they want.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Harlock1796 said:

I've experienced this, too.

The weird thing is that there ARE no consequences for griefing, so I'm not sure what they are trying to escape from.

Escape from getting their as** handed to them in a fair fight. If people wanna start sh*t they better be ready to get hit. But everyone's afraid of pixel death so there's a ton of cowards around.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lukeknight said:

I would like to see high bounties put on persistent griefers in the game. It's getting out of hand now most are low level kids but some are high level adults. Another feature that could be added  is a safe time card meaning for a short period you can not be attacked or attack any one. Nothing more annoying than spending 2 hours collecting perfect pelts just to  have them lost by some A hole greifer shooting you and your horse whilst on the way to sell them, I dont get why these fools dont just join showdown if that's the kind of play they want.  

Cause most that fall into the catagory of griefers, really don't want to PvP.  They seek easy kills and generally run at the sight of players that prove they can fight back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Renascent said:

Escape from getting their as** handed to them in a fair fight. If people wanna start sh*t they better be ready to get hit. But everyone's afraid of pixel death so there's a ton of cowards around.

I'm not saying you're wrong - you're probably right, but its kind of pathetic, isn't it?!  There is literally no penalty for dying in the game (if you aren't carrying pelts/carcasses, or are killed by the law, obviously), it's weird where some people can find their fun.

It usually takes most of a minute to leave and rejoin a free roam session.  That seems like a higher punishment for the fool  headshotting a random player minding their own business than anything that can be meted out in-game.

Edited by Harlock1796
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong - you're probably right, but its kind of pathetic, isn't it?!  There is literally no penalty for dying in the game (if you aren't carrying pelts/carcasses, or are killed by the law, obviously), it's weird where some people can find their fun.

It usually takes most of a minute to leave and rejoin a free roam session.  That seems like a higher punishment for the fool  headshotting a random player minding their own business than anything that can be meted out in-game.

They just go find some other poor sap to do it to. Had a 176 and 164 come after me, pop me after they had rode by and even waved. Killed them a couple times after then went to my camp. They stood there awhile, then when some random rank 16 rode nearby, they darted after him and started on him. Went out and blasted them couple more times with dynamite arrows long enough for the lowbie to get away.

Some people have nothing better to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Renascent said:

They just go find some other poor sap to do it to. Had a 176 and 164 come after me, pop me after they had rode by and even waved. Killed them a couple times after then went to my camp. They stood there awhile, then when some random rank 16 rode nearby, they darted after him and started on him. Went out and blasted them couple more times with dynamite arrows long enough for the lowbie to get away.

Some people have nothing better to do.

I can't  wait till I unlock dynamite arrows. Currently level 69, so I'm getting there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Renascent said:

So I've noticed a weird trend this week and I am sure it's not people just disconnecting coincidentally. This happened to me and my friend/posse as often as 5-8 people an hour.  But like, someone will either run up or suddenly spawn next to or near me. Either shoot at or kill me, then immediately log out or run away and log out. This happens almost everyday and I can't for the life of me think as to why someone would log in to shoot someone once then log out, or run up to you and do that then log out. Anyone can enlighten me?

Had someone pull that on me. But the "Recent Players" tab seems to be working on PS4 now. So I followed him to his new server a few times. Don't know if he learned his lesson, but he might at least think twice now. I hate wasting explosive ammo, but he caught me in a bad mood. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

I can't  wait till I unlock dynamite arrows. Currently level 69, so I'm getting there.

I'm never going to get there at the rate I'm going.  I might be level 15, and I lost a whole weekend to The Division 2 beta this past weekend.  Still had a better connection to their beta servers than I do R*'s which just reinforces my assertion that the disconnect issue is on their end, and how they interface with some ISPs.

3 hours ago, Renascent said:

They stood there awhile, then when some random rank 16 rode nearby, they darted after him and started on him

That reminds me of the GIllete commercial where the woman is walking down the sidewalk and the delta bravo eyeballs her and starts to follow her.

5 hours ago, Harlock1796 said:

There is literally no penalty for dying in the game

The penalty is the loss of my time.

7 hours ago, Renascent said:

Escape from getting their as** handed to them in a fair fight.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'm never going to get there at the rate I'm going.  I might be level 15, and I lost a whole weekend to The Division 2 beta this past weekend.  Still had a better connection to their beta servers than I do R*'s which just reinforces my assertion that the disconnect issue is on their end, and how they interface with some ISPs.

 

 

I've got no life, so it's pretty easy for me to level up. I've been doing it mainly with hunting, clearing enemy hideouts and resetting awards. I've stopped with pvp and doing missions. PVP got too frustrating and missions got too repetitive and my friends have all stopped playing for the time being until some more substantive content comes out that provides more options of stuff to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

It'd probably help if I could stay logged in for more than 20 minutes at a time.

 

Just curious if you've opened the ports for RDR2 on your router.

https://portforward.com/red-dead-redemption-2/

I just automatically open ports for specific games that I play online.  I never seem to have network problems...but maybe I've  just lucked out with a decent ISP.

Is it possible that once they've killed that they've been disconnected and have simply re-logged on?  I'm sure there are some goofs who hit-and-run but it also might be other issues that are occurring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Xped said:

Just curious if you've opened the ports for RDR2 on your router.

https://portforward.com/red-dead-redemption-2/

I just automatically open ports for specific games that I play online.  I never seem to have network problems...but maybe I've  just lucked out with a decent ISP.

Is it possible that once they've killed that they've been disconnected and have simply re-logged on?  I'm sure there are some goofs who hit-and-run but it also might be other issues that are occurring.

I have UPnP enabled, which auto-forwards ports.

I've hardlined directly to the modem.

I've manually forwarded the ports as suggested on R*'s site.

The only thing I haven't done is give my PS4 a static IP address in the router, although I fail to see how that would help if the direct line into the modem itself didn't work.  

I'm cleared my PS4 cache as well.

The game NEVER loads when I first get into the online mode--it ALWAYS fails and usually requires 2-3 attempts at first.

As I've said before, this is the only game I have this issue with.  He'll, I only had 1 Delta error in 10+ hrs. of playing the Division 2 beta this past weekend, so I don't believe that it's anything other than an issue on R*'s end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Jimblob said:

Re Griefers lets not get all upset about them they will all soon lose intrest and move on to the next game Mummy lets them have, it's just a matter of time they will be gone and we will still be here

I love your positive outlook but in reality, I think trolls will always be an issue to some extent.  Thankfully, due to the nature of RDR, griefers are not as effective or as much of a menace as they are in GTAO IMO / IME.  I think that will always hold true unless something drastic changes.  

Also, R* has committed to implementing "anti-griefing" measures (apparently) in the next title update.  A new gameplay dynamic with bounties / posses, proximity blips, penalties on griefers extending the range of the blip to be detected by other players (incld progressively darkening), etc.

We'll have to see how it all shakes out but I have hopes it could improve the experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

As I've said before, this is the only game I have this issue with.  He'll, I only had 1 Delta error in 10+ hrs. of playing the Division 2 beta this past weekend, so I don't believe that it's anything other than an issue on R*'s end.

It's funny....  I rarely have any issues with disconnects in RDO yet I had multiple ones during the TD2 beta on Friday and over the weekend.  .....although Sunday evening I had zilch.

btw, one of the Ubi devs let it slip out during a livestream that an open beta is coming.  Not surprising but it would be cool to dip my feet again before release.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

It's funny....  I rarely have any issues with disconnects in RDO yet I had multiple ones during the TD2 beta on Friday and over the weekend.  .....although Sunday evening I had zilch.

btw, one of the Ubi devs let it slip out during a livestream that an open beta is coming.  Not surprising but it would be cool to dip my feet again before release.

They did Alpha, Closed Beta, and a Open Beta last time.   Being so close to release, the Open Beta was just to get players a taste right before release to help boost sales.  Which I am guessing that is the same thing they are doing now.  According to a friend, the forums are still divided by extremes.  Those who hated it and pointed out issues and those who say BS and rave how it's the greatest game ever.  His stance is still, "They made changes.  If you liked The Division, you'll like The Division 2.  Things you loved and things you hate are still there."  Yet he won't tell me anything other then that.  Keeps saying I will need to play for myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YodaMan 3D said:

They did Alpha, Closed Beta, and a Open Beta last time.   Being so close to release, the Open Beta was just to get players a taste right before release to help boost sales.  Which I am guessing that is the same thing they are doing now.  According to a friend, the forums are still divided by extremes.  Those who hated it and pointed out issues and those who say BS and rave how it's the greatest game ever.  His stance is still, "They made changes.  If you liked The Division, you'll like The Division 2.  Things you loved and things you hate are still there."  Yet he won't tell me anything other then that.  Keeps saying I will need to play for myself.

The reactions are typical over on the Ubi forums mixed with a lot of hot air to be honest.  The changes they made were a result of the feedback they got from the community.  Personally, I'm glad to see most of them and even think they didn't take it far enough in some respects.  

Either way, I'm not too bothered by any of it as I really had no expectations and quite frankly, I was going to pass on this iteration until a friend of mine asked why I hadn't created a community for it.  Since my friends were interested, I went ahead and ordered it.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

The reactions are typical over on the Ubi forums mixed with a lot of hot air to be honest.  The changes they made were a result of the feedback they got from the community.  Personally, I'm glad to see most of them and even think they didn't take it far enough in some respects.  

Either way, I'm not too bothered by any of it as I really had no expectations and quite frankly, I was going to pass on this iteration until a friend of mine asked why I hadn't created a community for it.  Since my friends were interested, I went ahead and ordered it.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it as well.

If it is anything like the 1st, I think you will like it.  I enjoyed the hell out of the 1st game, but lost a lot of friends that didn't like the PvP or the DZ.

As for them listening to the community.  No they didn't, they ignored them.  Far too many requested a PvE DZ and they ignored them.  As far as the an improved LZ.  I guess I will see if I do the Open Beta.  I am guessing it will be like WSP, lots of action and no rewards.  I keep reading that the DZ is "high risk, high reward" which they used last time to lock all of the good stuff in the DZ and hose the PvE players.  I guess it is a wait and see thing for me, it's just the word is that it's all the same song as before.  PvP gets rewarded and PvE gets the shaft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

If it is anything like the 1st, I think you will like it.  I enjoyed the hell out of the 1st game, but lost a lot of friends that didn't like the PvP or the DZ.

I played the beta.  I like most of the new mechanics and yeah, I'll like the game well enough.

6 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

As for them listening to the community.  No they didn't, they ignored them.  Far too many requested a PvE DZ and they ignored them.  As far as the an improved LZ.  I guess I will see if I do the Open Beta.  I am guessing it will be like WSP, lots of action and no rewards.  I keep reading that the DZ is "high risk, high reward" which they used last time to lock all of the good stuff in the DZ and hose the PvE players.  I guess it is a wait and see thing for me, it's just the word is that it's all the same song as before.  PvP gets rewarded and PvE gets the shaft.

I;m not saying the community got everything they asked for especially the PvE segment of their fan base.  However, they did in fact listen as you can see with some of the components of the gameplay they changed.  .....namely the bullet sponge damage mechanics, movement, healing , etc. Still don't think they took it far enough with some and wish others had been implemented that they ignored but it was what I expected from Ubi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...