Blackwater glitch worries me

Zampen

I really hope this doesnt mean stats reset 4 everyone in the end. Im talking about that money making glitch that fills the streets with animals in blackwater. Rockstar answers they are aware of this but its kinda worries me this is a game breaking thing  

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 3

I worry about this too.. I think the best way for them to solve, is to reset the players who exploited this glitch, and wipe their accounts, and not let everyone doing honest work pay for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zampen said:

I really hope this doesnt mean stats reset 4 everyone in the end. Im talking about that money making glitch that fills the streets with animals in blackwater. Rockstar answers they are aware of this but its kinda worries me this is a game breaking thing  

I wouldn't sweat it my man. I've heard of people posting videos of the cougar glitch by Blackwater making almost 20 k from it. Robstar will patch this and possibly drain there $ for it. As you've heard a million times it's still beta and folks coming forward with these exploits only helps Robstar patch those. Its going to get better. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

I wouldn't sweat it my man. I've heard of people posting videos of the cougar glitch by Blackwater making almost 20 k from it. Robstar will patch this and possibly drain there $ for it. As you've heard a million times it's still beta and folks coming forward with these exploits only helps Robstar patch those. Its going to get better. 

Agreed. However I bet only a small amount of people are reporting these types of glitches the majority exploit them. Any account that has exploited glitches for personal gain should be wiped in my opinion.  It’s cheating no way around it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, virgil_caine said:

Agreed. However I bet only a small amount of people are reporting these types of glitches the majority exploit them. Any account that has exploited glitches for personal gain should be wiped in my opinion.  It’s cheating no way around it

100%

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

Anyone do the sash glitch? How many people still have one? Same thing will happen to their cash.

say “sash cash” 5x’s fast lol

You seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject of exploits.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, jnaron_ngc said:

You seem to have a lot of knowledge on the subject of exploits.

Not going to lie I did this glitch although I’d hardly call it an exploit I didn’t get any money or xp for it therefore no progression gained. R* wiped it from my account last update so I can pretty much guarantee it will happen to peoples wallets.

go on YouTube there are tons of cheat videos. Use at your own risk

*Im a lvl 103 I have 32 gold and ohhh a measly 180 bucks. I’m not exploiting.

• Like 1

I highly doubt R* will reset everyone due people taking advantage of an exploit.  The only way that is going to happen IMO is due to a dramatic change in the game that requires it and plugging such exploits likely wouldn't require that. 

They will either just fix it and let things be or penalize those who used it if they can.  

Either way, exploits are nothing new.  .....nothing new to full title releases let alone this beta.  

8 minutes ago, G IR U IB said:

It might be be a different one. But I watched a video on YouTube last night saying that r* have already patched a cougar exploit and anyone that basically took the pi** will have any money took off them. 

They have not patched it... every session ive been in is full of players cheating / spawning animals at the Butcher in blackwater and Valentine too

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 1

My buddy was screwing around with this late last night. I told him I wasn't going to be playing with him while he is doing this. He made HUGE stacks of money too. I don't want to face a possible penalty for it when it hits so I told him that is all on you. I am secretly hoping they drain his cash just so I can say I told you so :D

51 minutes ago, Qu3ster said:

My buddy was screwing around with this late last night. I told him I wasn't going to be playing with him while he is doing this. He made HUGE stacks of money too. I don't want to face a possible penalty for it when it hits so I told him that is all on you. I am secretly hoping they drain his cash just so I can say I told you so :D

Like Keane said I doubt they will wipe accounts completely but I do believe the cash that was made will be taken back we shall see.

1 hour ago, virgil_caine said:

Like Keane said I doubt they will wipe accounts completely but I do believe the cash that was made will be taken back we shall see.

Yeah, I definitely can see them wiping profits made by exploits.

......it's Kean btw (one "e"). ;)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, virgil_caine said:

14 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Yeah, I definitely can see them wiping profits made by exploits.

......it's Kean btw (one "e"). ;)

On 3/5/2019 at 9:22 AM, Zampen said:

Since RDR2 is new territory, I'll call back to what I remember from the GTA money glitches. In all my years playing GTA, I only remember them wiping cash  one time and it was due to 4 pretty extreme money glitches/hacks that triggered their response.  People  glitched for billions, not millions, crazy stuff.  And even then, all they did was wipe the bank accounts, not the cars, properties or levels. One hack involved people  joining servers and literally dropping cash bags on  random players. That happened to me, I joined a server and some random walked up to me, dropped like 40 money bag items which my character auto picked up. I  had  about 400 million after the random did that.  About 2 weeks later they zero'd my bank account, but left everything I purchased with the money (and man did I buy alot) intact. Keep in mind that this was years before they started  selling shark cards.  I imagine that  wiping accounts is a little more difficult when it involves people who bought in game cash. From what I've seen, to me it seems that R*  rides the wave of wipe rumors in hopes that people avoid the glitches.  I could be wrong, but I don't see them wiping accounts for the glitches I've seen so far. 

• Like 1

if they deleted everyones progress with a wipe, they'd lose more money than they did with people not buying gold bars due to the glitch. Players would quit this game instantly.

some may argue that its a grind at the moment so deleting people's grind is the worst thing they could possibly do.

i wouldnt worry about it.

I think they have enough ability to track what you are doing that they can see you suddenly sold 500 cougars that you didn’t shoot... I’m sure they can likely follow your money and spending trail also... the time period may be one of paper bills and coins, but it’s a computer game that leaves a purchase and deposit trail every bit as good as your checking and visa account statements. I doubt they’ll have to go beyond cleaning up the accounts of those that actually glitched.

• Like 1

I witnessed this being done in Valentine last night. I videoed the exploiter doing it and then reported him to R*.

I then proceeded to shoot him and make his exploiting and little more challenging. He was not playing the game as it was intended...so I figured all rules of engagement should be thrown out, too. 

Made him work for his cougar pelts. 

• Like 1

I highly doubt they would punish the many over the few. I don't think they are that far gone with modern politics just yet lol I know a lot of people think this is the way to keep order in the real world and on games but it clearly isn't. 

Glitch has been fixed. For awhile you couldn't even sell cougars to butcher. You can now. I think they will address players who abused this with next update. I am guessing they will roll back money on peoples account that abused this. The did this with GTA Online .  But I honestly don't know why you would have abused this to get a few thousands of dollars. What are you going to spend it on? Emotes? LOL. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Glitch has been fixed. For awhile you couldn't even sell cougars to butcher. You can now. I think they will address players who abused this with next update. I am guessing they will roll back money on peoples account that abused this. The did this with GTA Online .  But I honestly don't know why you would have abused this to get a few thousands of dollars. What are you going to spend it on? Emotes? LOL. 

I didn't exploit the glitch, but I've spent well over $10,000 in the game. I've reset the award  for spending $1000 in shops 10 times maxing it out and that doesn't include the money I've spent on upgrading ability cards. I've upgraded 5 ability cards to tier 3, bought most of the pamphlets and have bought a lot of guns and bought all the camp tent upgrades and camp fast travel. That's a crap ton of money which I got through grinding and treasure maps.

58 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I didn't exploit the glitch, but I've spent well over $10,000 in the game. I've reset the award  for spending $1000 in shops 10 times maxing it out and that doesn't include the money I've spent on upgrading ability cards. I've upgraded 5 ability cards to tier 3, bought most of the pamphlets and have bought a lot of guns and bought all the camp tent upgrades and camp fast travel. That's a crap ton of money which I got through grinding and treasure maps.

ok.....you have nothing to worry about. But they know how to track money. If your character made ie $40k in 24hr. R* is going to call bullsh*t. Don't see why you would be concerned. I have spent way more money than you have and I am not even thinking about this. I haven't even brought a cougar to the butcher in over a week. 

Problem is when people hear "they may roll back accounts" they freak out. But if you didn't participate in the activity in question............you don't have a thing to worry about.  If you were one of the people that farmed that for days, than yes. There could be a chance they take funds from you or items you purchased with said funds. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

2 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

ok.....you have nothing to worry about. But they know how to track money. If your character made ie $40k in 24hr. R* is going to call bullsh*t. Don't see why you would be concerned. I have spent way more money than you have and I am not even thinking about this. I haven't even brought a cougar to the butcher in over a week. 

Oh, I'm not concerned  at all. I was just trying to point out that there is plenty to spend your money on, so I get see where some would get the temptation to exploit a glitch like that.

25 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Oh, I'm not concerned  at all. I was just trying to point out that there is plenty to spend your money on, so I get see where some would get the temptation to exploit a glitch like that.

Of course there is. I was being a smartass. But I just hit 166 last night, and unless I focus on camp upgrades....not really much for me to buy. I have upgraded the 12 cards I use to level 3, got all weapons I need, pamphlets, etc. But if I was a lower lever....I still wouldn' t  be tempted. Never been a fan of glitches/exploits.  But I understand others are different. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

On 3/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, BropolloCreed79 said:

I'm level 15 and I'm not tempted, either.  

Exactly. What's the point. There is nothing out now that is MUST have. You grind enough, you will get what you want or need. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper