XP BAR Showing Minus??? [RESOLVED]

pluck3

The honor bar seems to be acting a little funky as well. I'll be slaughtering farm animals for their meat and seemingly taking a bigger hit to my honor than usual, then as I'm still doing it, I'll get an honor bonus for resourcefulness and suddenly be back at max high honor.🤪

• Haha 1

Mine showed -655 and I am at level 88, so I was assuming I needed 655 XP to get to level 89. I just did the Teddy Browm mission, and all of a sudden it says 622/5285, with NO minus sign.    WTF?   looks like I lost out on a ton of experience in this level. Oh well, goes well with all the pelts I lost from their constant disconnects and the pelts that disappear. 

• Kean_1 changed the title to XP BAR Showing Minus??? [RESOLVED]

Negative XP Appearing in the Red Dead Online Beta

Created April 9, 2019Updated April 9, 2019

Question: My Red Dead Online Beta character has a negative XP number being displayed next to their Rank. What should I do?

Answer: An issue which appeared to show players receiving negative XP has been resolved. If you are still seeing this, please note that once you've earned enough XP to reach the next Rank level, your XP and Rank will display normally.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately we are being screwed here... I was -655 at level 88, and once I made 655 experience points, it took off the minus sign and started me back at level 88 again. It happened to my wife too. She was minus whatever amount and when she earned that many experience points the minus sign was gone and she had to start back at the beginning of that level. So basically, if you have a minus sign beside your experience points, get ready to do that level again, after you earn whatever experience points are beside the minus sign. Pretty simple to figure out.

6 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Negative XP Appearing in the Red Dead Online Beta

Created April 9, 2019Updated April 9, 2019

Question: My Red Dead Online Beta character has a negative XP number being displayed next to their Rank. What should I do?

Answer: An issue which appeared to show players receiving negative XP has been resolved. If you are still seeing this, please note that once you've earned enough XP to reach the next Rank level, your XP and Rank will display normally.

thank you very much 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 1:48 AM, Jackthestripper said:

Unfortunately we are being screwed here... I was -655 at level 88, and once I made 655 experience points, it took off the minus sign and started me back at level 88 again.

Same here, not played much this week but finally checked my xp earlier and sure enough it was negative. And sure enough when the count reached zero my rank stayed the same and the xp started to count up as normal. Screwed over twice this week by R* already now - great update!

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

Same here, not played much this week but finally checked my xp earlier and sure enough it was negative. And sure enough when the count reached zero my rank stayed the same and the xp started to count up as normal. Screwed over twice this week by R* already now - great update!

I hear you! I was grinding my way to level 90, and not only did I have to do level 88 over again, but they lowered the rank for the explosive pamphlet to 60. Another stellar update Iol

So wait, if I am at a negative number on say, level 97, I will have to level through it twice to get to 98? ffs Rockstar. I know these issues are bound to happen but this is annoying when you are a higher level and it takes a while to level.

7 hours ago, HIGHHorse said:

So wait, if I am at a negative number on say, level 97, I will have to level through it twice to get to 98? ffs Rockstar. I know these issues are bound to happen but this is annoying when you are a higher level and it takes a while to level.

R* appear to believe there is no problem and that when the count reaches zero you will level up as normal. And apparently that has been the case for some people. But it wasn't the case for me or others so it will depend on your luck.

I'm now 2 levels short of where I should be with this and my broken award they don't have a clue how to fix. Not a massive deal in the grand scheme, just annoying like dumping rank requirements for the best items in the game.