6/7/19 Benefits For PS4 Red Dead Online Players Announced

Moosh89

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/07/monthly-benefits-for-playstation-plus-members-in-red-dead-online/?

Monthly Benefits for PlayStation Plus Members in Red Dead Online

Collect special awards like treasure maps to hunt down Gold Nuggets, Cash, and other loot.

R*Q
R*Q

PlayStation players have already enjoyed a host of exclusive benefits for playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and Red Dead Online including early access to weapons, horses, clothing, Showdown Modes and more.

We’re excited to share that in addition to these ongoing benefits, Red Dead Online players with a PlayStation Plus membership will receive special awards each month. Starting June 10, all players with PlayStation Plus that play Red Dead Online by July 8 on PS4 will get three free Treasure Maps. The award will be sent to you within 24 hours of your first play session.

Visit the Post Office or your Camp’s Lockbox to retrieve the Treasure Maps and then use your Satchel to open them up. The Treasure Map will reveal a location on your Map to explore, ride out to the area and use Eagle Eye to search for your rewards, which could include Gold Nuggets, Cash, Ammo, Tonics, and Crafting Pamphlets.

Stay tuned each month for more details on new monthly benefits in Red Dead Online.

• Like 2

• Kean_1 changed the title to Monthly Benefits for PS+ Members in RDO
6 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Thanks for posting this Moosh.  I'll add it to the stickied list of news and updates.  I shortened the title a bit (hope you don't mind).

No problem, I just pasted the PS Blog headline.

As a PS+ member I still can't help but feel bad for Xbox players... seems like a bigger advantage with having gold and cash instead of cosmetic only items.

I don’t feel bad lol. I’m guessing Sony just paid the bigger bucks. It wouldn’t really be exclusive if everyone got it... besides, it’s not like we can go onto Microsoft servers and take advantage of them lol.

57 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

No problem, I just pasted the PS Blog headline.

As a PS+ member I still can't help but feel bad for Xbox players... seems like a bigger advantage with having gold and cash instead of cosmetic only items.

I usually pick up on this stuff since I'm getting feeds but I've been sick the past few days so haven't really been paying attention.

Yeah, as @The_Liquor mentioned, there really is no advantage since it's not cross platform.  Even so, I never really found big payouts in treasure maps.  In fact, I still have 4 that I need to go collect.  I usually just wait till I have a few and then make a session of it then it seems more worth my while. 

I see any cash or gold as an advantage, but that's just me. Sure somebody could just earn it by playing but we are being given it for logging in. If it were something cosmetic like a piece of clothing, or an emote that was exclusive but added no gameplay benefit I think it would be better/more fair. Not complaining, just saying how I feel. I'm glad I have PS+ LOL

One of my last treasures was STACKED with like $195 RDO$ and 1.98 Gold! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

I see any cash or gold as an advantage, but that's just me. Sure somebody could just earn it by playing but we are being given it for logging in. If it were something cosmetic like a piece of clothing, or an emote that was exclusive but added no gameplay benefit I think it would be better/more fair. Not complaining, just saying how I feel. I'm glad I have PS+ LOL

Me too.  ;)

3 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

One of my last treasures was STACKED with like $195 RDO$ and 1.98 Gold! 

I guess I need to start collecting so I can see how much mine are.  

RDO is kinda funny in that I never found it really hard to buy what I needed in the game.  I don't mean cosmetic things but weapons, ability cards and such that really make a difference.  I would grind for the money and by the time I leveled up, I was able to buy that gun, etc. that I needed.  RDO is much easier in that respect than GTAO IMO.  

At lvl 71, there isn't much else for me to strive for in this game to be honest.  I got pretty much everything I need except for maybe explosive rounds.

6 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

RDO is kinda funny in that I never found it really hard to buy what I needed in the game.  I don't mean cosmetic things but weapons, ability cards and such that really make a difference.  I would grind for the money and by the time I leveled up, I was able to buy that gun, etc. that I needed.  RDO is much easier in that respect than GTAO IMO.  

At lvl 71, there isn't much else for me to strive for in this game to be honest.  I got pretty much everything I need except for maybe explosive rounds.

I'm the opposite, I can never seem to get more than $400, but I'm not a super competitive player either. I like my clothing options and I've taken a shine to decorating certain guns in my usual loadout. I'd love to get some recipe pamphlets but ranging from $350 to $500+ it hurts, plus I'm still experimenting with ability cards. My next large purchase will be the Dark Bay Turkoman at $925.

The spoils from these gifts will definitely help

Edited by Moosh89

I currently have $2000 and about 20 GBs.  I just don;t have anything to spend the money on right now (that I want) except ammunition, hay,  etc.  

I'm not complaining though as I see this as being an advantage when (or if) properties are ever implemented, businesses, etc.

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

I currently have $2000 and about 20 GBs.  I just don;t have anything to spend the money on right now (that I want) except ammunition, hay,  etc.  

I'm not complaining though as I see this as being an advantage when (or if) properties are ever implemented, businesses, etc.

oooooh, NEVER buy hay or store bought carrots. Wild Carrots, Oatcakes and Apples are plentiful in the wild and FREE. Plus you can get the Horse Meal pamphlet for those sweet gold cores (but it might use Hay, in that case that's the only time you should get it)

20 minutes ago, nshanny73 said:

As an Xbox player I simply must say... rockstar, you are a steaming pile of horse manure

"Haha'ing" because it's true, not because you're on Xbox lol

1 hour ago, nshanny73 said:

As an Xbox player I simply must say... rockstar, you are a steaming pile of horse manure

I’m sure it’s more the fact that that Sony payed so they  could use these benefits as a way to promote their platform rather than rockstar snubbing Xbox just because...

59 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

oooooh, NEVER buy hay or store bought carrots. Wild Carrots, Oatcakes and Apples are plentiful in the wild and FREE. Plus you can get the Horse Meal pamphlet for those sweet gold cores (but it might use Hay, in that case that's the only time you should get it)

Just a matter of convenience for me.  Hay is like 25 cents a piece so I just stop into a stable every other session or so to top off which ends up only being at most a buck or two each time.

1 hour ago, nshanny73 said:

LOL don't be made at R*, be mad at Xbox for not spending money to get exclusive rights for games.

On 6/1/2019 at 7:23 PM, Freebird4Life said:

3 hours ago, nshanny73 said:

SO totally agree nshanny73

14 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I’m sure it’s more the fact that that Sony payed so they  could use these benefits as a way to promote their platform rather than rockstar snubbing Xbox just because...

That's exactly what it was. Nothing worth folks getting themselves in a bind about IMO.  .....but then again, I wouldn't be buying or playing a game from a company I felt that strongly about. Life is too short.

It was apparent PS4 had paid for the right to exclusive before the game released. 

In the end, these treasure maps will net PS4 players a few extra in-game dollars and gold nuggets each month. .....but then everyone is still going to benefit from the continual promotions for signing on, bonus xp/$/gold for certain activities, etc. in the usual R* fashion. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again; If R* wants to gate content or bonuses behind something, then it should be based on the version of the game that a player bought, not the system being played on. I paid $100 for the Ultimate version. Why should I miss out on content or bonuses that someone who bought the basic $60 version gets simply because of the system being used? I've always thought that type of exclusivity is just unfair, even when I've benifited from it. If R* wants to set up  exclusivity, they need to base it on the investment that their customers have made into the game.

• Like 1

@KylesDad7, I can sort of see your frustration. But, did you not get the stuff promised you for buying the special edition of the game? This is a different promotion completely than the edition of the game. Game companies and console companies have been doing various versions and types of exclusive content with each other since video games were a thing... sometimes your console of choice wins, sometimes it looses.

on a side note, I purchased my PS4 pro and rdr2 bundle with the promise that I’d get extra perks for  choosing Sony....

Edited by The_Liquor

We've known about Sony's and Rockstar's special partnership since before the game launched back in October last year, but it's still taking on new forms.

Recently announced on the official PlayStation blog are a new series of monthly benefits that players who chose the Sony console will enjoy on the frontier.

Every month from now on, PS4 players will receive a gift package which can be retrieved at the post office or at your camp's lockbox, if you have the upgrade. These packages will contain different items each month, and the first one - which can be picked up starting tomorrow - comes with three treasure maps. You can expect gifts of similar magnitude in the future, so don't expect a high-end horse to be mailed to you by Sony.

Camp-Upgrades-6-800x450.jpg

You'll need to have played the game at some point prior to the 8th of June to be eligible, so if you only happened to buy and play the game today you won't be getting the special gift. The package will be mailed to players within 24 hours of their first play session within the timeframe. This would indicate that you need to play in the given month to be eligible, so if you put down Red Dead Online for a few months and return, you won't log in with several packages waiting.

Though having a PlayStation Plus subscription is usually necessary to play Red Dead Online, due to certain promos which allow temporary access to players without subscriptions, we should point out that only PS Plus accounts will get these benefits.

Red-Dead-Redemption-2_20181122115623-800

Treasure Maps, which are this month's bonus, are a great way to earn some easy cash. You need to open up the map from your satchel, which will then mark an exploration zone on your map. Ride out to the area and activate Eagle Eye to look for the hidden goods. Once you dig up the treasure, you might find gold, RDO$, consumables or crafting pamphlets.

Next month's benefits will be different, so stay tuned for more news on that.

The post Benefits For PS4 Red Dead Online Players Announced appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

R* have always favoured Playstation as have Naughty Dog, which is part of the reason I've stuck with Sony from PS1 to PS4 and gave up on Xbox after the 360. If you bought the wrong console don't cry about it now, especially not over a few treasure maps. 

@Kean_1 RDO is only easier to save for everything you want than GTAO because R* haven't yet introduced the ridiculous priced content. Pre-heists update on GTAO I had so much money I was wasting it on useless sh*t like the milijet. How I regretted that when they brought out actual useful vehicles! Also don't you remember how all the original cars were several $100k with the Adder being top dog at about $1m but then all DLC cars after that were about $8m each?! I won't be surprised if RDO goes the same way...

• Kean_1 changed the title to 6/7/19 Benefits For PS4 Red Dead Online Players Announced
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Antonia said:

So this month's benefit is a black Rope holster. :/

HAHA yeah, I came here to discuss this... I guess I shouldn't have felt spoiled with 3 treasure maps last month and asked for cosmetic items instead... they went ahead and listened and gave us an ugly offhand holster instead hahaha

6 hours ago, Antonia said:

So this month's benefit is a black Rope holster. :/

.....plus the Explorer Care Package and the bonuses for signing up with Twitch Prime if you haven't already done so.  ....and a couple other clothing items.

All players who link their Social Club account to Twitch Prime and claim their benefits between July 1st and July 19th will receive RDO$300 and the Superior Ammo Bundle, which consists of:

30 x Dynamite Arrows
60 x Incendiary Buckshot Ammo
30 x Volatile Fire Bottles
200 x Express Pistol Ammo
200 x Express Revolver Ammo
200 x Express Repeater Ammo
200 x Express Rifle Ammo

Honestly this game lacks content to spend earned gold or money, just by doing daily challenges I got over 100 gold bars what am I supposed to do with it ??? Maybe some horses carts weapons , the clothes are fine but they are cheap and three on horsegiven it works the way it should you are left with two changeable outfits ECONOMY IS RIDICULOUS