Jump to content

Frontier Pursuit Focus Poll


Senator Goob
 Share

Which Frontier Pursuit are you going to focus on?  

21 members have voted

  1. 1. With the new information about the 3 new roles coming to RDO on September 10th, which Frontier Pursuit do you think you will be focusing on?

    • Bounty Hunter
      4
    • Trader
      13
    • Collector
      4
  2. 2. Before the last content drop while information was sparce, what role did you think was going to be your focus?

    • Bounty Hunter
      6
    • Trader
      12
    • Collector
      3
    • I had no idea this was a thing until now.
      0
  3. 3. If you were/are not enjoying RDO before the new update, do you think this update could breathe life into the dying game?

    • Yes
      12
    • No
      2
    • Maybe
      4
    • If they do it right
      3


Recommended Posts

Ive been happy with the game all this time, just a little bored, really need new content, but Ive got 81 days in a row, then 1 day missed and 30 days in a row before that so out of 111 days ive missed 1.

Lately I go in, do my daily challenges, clear any trolls from the server then bail to do something else or depending on what is going on sometimes I stay in game to level up, or get more gold etc.

When they first announced the summer update and roles, I knew then, the two things I am looking forward too are making a new character and becoming a trader, I havent changed my mind at all since then, I am planning on doing exactly that in that order next Tuesday morning.

I cant wait to make a new character I made my guy a little heavy on purpose and I learned quickly I dont like how he looks, the outfits and clothes dont look as good, etc..

So I am really looking forward to making a new guy, I own most of the clothes, I only bought a few outfits, maybe 4 but I own every other piece of clothing that has come out and I cant wait to see how my new guy looks in these clothes, after looking at this fat guy since March 14th I think it has been a long road

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was tough poll for me because I always knew that I would share my time between the 3 roles and still do after knowing more of the details of each. I'm going to be dividing my time between them all.  I think it's important to note that the game will allow players to do this so folks won't be locked into one particular role.

Also, I never looked at RDO as a "dying game" but of course, I do believe this new content will attract players new and old.  .....or breathe "new life" into the game as you put it.  ......so will future content drops just like they do for GTAVO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I chose collector because these days my attention span drops very easily and exploration might do the trick at keeping my mind awake. Also the article talked about containers on wagons and id love to try to get collectibles that way and make enough of a nuisance of myself to get a bounty hunter after me so i can try to escape. I also loved digging for treasure in games like fable 2 and mabinogi where treasure locations were random and you had to find them. I also loved hunting for all the collectibles in wrothgar in eso so i could get a cool armor. The amount of time between when i liked to do these things and now has been long enough that it might give me new interest, as I have hunted plenty enough in rdr2, rdo, and sea of thieves so trader is less interesting to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I answered the poll with the following notes.....

R* states that you can do all 3 at once so it's kinda decide as I go, might latch onto one I didn't expect.

Question 3 .  Maybe and if they do it right is kinda tossup question.   One seems contingent on the other

New content is one key aspect but my biggest thing is existing bug fixes, raging griefers, the rampant cheating, PVP rework, etc.   Ie.  They going to address the root problems or just adding a window dressing over it

...and I'm tired of all game developers drip feeding games to death...

But when all is said and done I think the most important aspect of this update is actually being potentially overlooked... the new combat/movement system. Been playing since launch and you kinda get used to the existing system.   They're kinda wonky as they exist today (especially since I got some left stick drift) but Is the new system going to be better as they promise or a negative change.

I've read other posts and kinda in the same camp that in a little over a year from now I'll hopefully be opening my PS5 and have been really looking forward to some decent VR games, once the tech improves.

Once I find something new I'm not the type that going to come back every 5-6 months for update if they continue at current snails pace.

In summary, kinda feel like that I've accomplished everything in game as it exists today and they're adding new "goal posts". The new goals need to be enjoyable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly at present time whit very limited technical info about the classes, i want none.

 

I dont have the patience for hunting. I only kill animals if it part of a stranger mission or in defence, plus the wagon supply thing screams of GTA ceo and that means players can steal or destroy your stuff as you are on the way to sell it.

I dont have patience or will to go looking for something i dont know where is. Even doing the treasure maps is a nuisance cuz it is a bloody large zone to aimlessly walk around in.

For bounthunting, not enugh info, way too many potensional pvp " bait traps".

 

Will the update bring ppl back to the game?, yes sadly and with it, the greifing will return. An empty server is the best server!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, NF85 said:

Honestly at present time whit very limited technical info about the classes, i want none.

 

I dont have the patience for hunting. I only kill animals if it part of a stranger mission or in defence, plus the wagon supply thing screams of GTA ceo and that means players can steal or destroy your stuff as you are on the way to sell it.

I dont have patience or will to go looking for something i dont know where is. Even doing the treasure maps is a nuisance cuz it is a bloody large zone to aimlessly walk around in.

For bounthunting, not enugh info, way too many potensional pvp " bait traps".

 

Will the update bring ppl back to the game?, yes sadly and with it, the greifing will return. An empty server is the best server!

 

 

Sounds like you need to posse up bud. Not killing animals?? No money ? Stay on your horse looking for treasure maps. You will get a heartbeat when close. Much faster on horseback. Jump in posse recruiting thread and get yourself some reliable team mates to enjoy this masterpiece ! Drink it all in bud !

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NF85 said:

Honestly at present time whit very limited technical info about the classes, i want none.

 

I dont have the patience for hunting. I only kill animals if it part of a stranger mission or in defence, plus the wagon supply thing screams of GTA ceo and that means players can steal or destroy your stuff as you are on the way to sell it.

I dont have patience or will to go looking for something i dont know where is. Even doing the treasure maps is a nuisance cuz it is a bloody large zone to aimlessly walk around in.

For bounthunting, not enugh info, way too many potensional pvp " bait traps".

 

Will the update bring ppl back to the game?, yes sadly and with it, the greifing will return. An empty server is the best server!

 

 

Im just asking out of curiosity what makes you play this type of game then.if anything i would like it more rough and danger lurking all over the map.just amazes why people even play and then have such a downer attitude about it.but still carry on playing.think happy thought and get those guns out.you may enjoy it if you let loose.and solo is difficult if you cant handle yourself in game and get wound up easy by griefers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NF85 said:

Honestly at present time whit very limited technical info about the classes, i want none.

 

I dont have the patience for hunting. I only kill animals if it part of a stranger mission or in defence, plus the wagon supply thing screams of GTA ceo and that means players can steal or destroy your stuff as you are on the way to sell it.

I dont have patience or will to go looking for something i dont know where is. Even doing the treasure maps is a nuisance cuz it is a bloody large zone to aimlessly walk around in.

For bounthunting, not enugh info, way too many potensional pvp " bait traps".

 

Will the update bring ppl back to the game?, yes sadly and with it, the greifing will return. An empty server is the best server!

 

 

As buckie said try joining a posse, just be careful what posse you join? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2019 at 8:22 PM, Kean_1 said:

I never looked at RDO as a "dying game" but of course, I do believe this new content will attract players new and old.  .....or breathe "new life" into the game as you put it.  ......so will future content drops just like they do for GTAVO. 

There's still core mechanics that need to be refined to enhance the experience.  It's a beautiful game that suffers from, if anything, too much freedom for players.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

There's still core mechanics that need to be refined to enhance the experience.  It's a beautiful game that suffers from, if anything, too much freedom for players.

Sure.  I'm not suggesting it's not without faults or need of improvement.  .....so is GTAO in my eyes. 

It's the idea that the game is dying or will be a failure because updates don't come fast enough.  .....or the game doesn't provide options suited to their play style.  ......or when some disagree with it's direction, etc.

Same was said about GTAO and it's still going strong years later.  Now, I'm not saying RDO will share the same success but I think it's still too early to tell how it will fare in the long run. 

Updates are always slow with R* but the thing is, content keeps getting added so eventually, RDO will become a lot more robust than it is now.  ....and refined as it is tweaked.

On the note of core mechanics, I'm very interested to see what they have in store for the gunplay changes as that's something I always felt was rough in R* game's and too arcadey. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, Saffron said:

Im just asking out of curiosity what makes you play this type of game then.

I barly do. 28 lvs since november. Waiting for a solo session server option like GTAO has.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:00 PM, Ozy8753 said:

As buckie said try joining a posse, just be careful what posse you join? 

Been semi looking for a posse for half a year, none around that suits me, simple as that, and thouse that might have suited me are on the other console.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, NF85 said:

I barly do. 28 lvs since november. Waiting for a solo session server option like GTAO has.

Been semi looking for a posse for half a year, none around that suits me, simple as that, and thouse that might have suited me are on the other console.

Did you take a look in the Posse Recruitment section?  You can also post a thread there yourself looking for a group or individuals to play with. Lots of folks out there you can join up with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m going to be dabbling in all three, that way I never get bored doing one thing or another. I really commend R* for allowing that option to exist. A lesser company would probably lock you into a role until you’ve completed it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cant wait to start robbing graves and trains if i understood the collectors role in the trailer. Zombies kind of freak me out so i hope the corpses arent too ****ed up looking. I could never play undead nightmare except the multiplayer mode if i had friends to back me up. I hope the bodies just look like the ones seth digs up which freak me out but its not that bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im really surprised how few bounty hunters there are. All the articles online talk about it as if its the coolest one and the one thats going to grab your attention. That said this forum might have its skew. I have two hypotheses

1. People who actually play the game extensively are sick of dealing with human enemies to get money.

Or

2. This forum is full of people that interact with other players and are in general social beings and the new bounty hunter role is a troll class.

What do you people think?

I think im going to be doing alot of bounty hunter with my friends despite this and im not gonna lie mob mentality gets ahold of me pretty easily and you might find me tying you up some day. Try your best to escape.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Senator Goob said:

Im really surprised how few bounty hunters there are. All the articles online talk about it as if its the coolest one and the one thats going to grab your attention. That said this forum might have its skew. I have two hypotheses

1. People who actually play the game extensively are sick of dealing with human enemies to get money.

Or

2. This forum is full of people that interact with other players and are in general social beings and the new bounty hunter role is a troll class.

What do you people think?

I think im going to be doing alot of bounty hunter with my friends despite this and im not gonna lie mob mentality gets ahold of me pretty easily and you might find me tying you up some day. Try your best to escape.

I my friend will be learning the ins and outs of that bolo myself. Its all I've dreamed of and now it will come to pass. Not sure I look at it as lynch mob though as we are all Honorable. Looking to tidy up the filthy West one villain at a time. Lol as far you tying me up someday I will look forward to the challenge. See ya on the trails tumbleweed ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Senator Goob said:

.....What do you people think?

I think im going to be doing alot of bounty hunter with my friends despite this and im not gonna lie mob mentality gets ahold of me pretty easily and you might find me tying you up some day. Try your best to escape.

Well first, I don't think you can come to any conclusions with such a small sampling of players (11 so far?). 

Two, you are asking folks to chose between the roles when some are obviously interested in trying all 3. Players are not going to be stuck with just one.

We also don't know enough about how each class will work, the sharing of profits / rewards within posses, etc. A lot of this will affect the roles people choose.

Also, the Bounty Hunter is not all about going after other players.  It will be NPCs and could also include those who have a high enough bounty on their head (over $25 iirc).   ......so there's really no trolling involved here and the choice is still ultimately up to the hunter whether they want to pursue real players.

I still believe the Bounty Hunter will be a popular role.   ......but I also think folks will be trying the others as well perhaps simultaneously like some of us here will be doing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Well first, I don't think you can come to any conclusions with such a small sampling of players (11 so far?). 

Two, you are asking folks to chose between the roles when some are obviously interested in trying all 3. Players are not going to be stuck with just one.

We also don't know enough about how each class will work, the sharing of profits / rewards within posses, etc. A lot of this will affect the roles people choose.

Also, the Bounty Hunter is not all about going after other players.  It will be NPCs and could also include those who have a high enough bounty on their head (over $25 iirc).   ......so there's really no trolling involved here and the choice is still ultimately up to the hunter whether they want to pursue real players.

I still believe the Bounty Hunter will be a popular role.   ......but I also think folks will be trying the others as well perhaps simultaneously like some of us here will be doing.

100% Might ruffle some feathers but the whole bounty hunter vs villain on a map this big is simply magnificent to think about. Justice will have no boundaries weather it's Npcs or real players. This is gonna be lit boys !!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Well first, I don't think you can come to any conclusions with such a small sampling of players (11 so far?). 

Two, you are asking folks to chose between the roles when some are obviously interested in trying all 3. Players are not going to be stuck with just one.

We also don't know enough about how each class will work, the sharing of profits / rewards within posses, etc. A lot of this will affect the roles people choose.

Also, the Bounty Hunter is not all about going after other players.  It will be NPCs and could also include those who have a high enough bounty on their head (over $25 iirc).   ......so there's really no trolling involved here and the choice is still ultimately up to the hunter whether they want to pursue real players.

I still believe the Bounty Hunter will be a popular role.   ......but I also think folks will be trying the others as well perhaps simultaneously like some of us here will be doing.

You make solid points but what i meant about the correlation between bounty hunting and trolling is that by focusing in on and progressing through bounty hunter you will be unlocking items that could potentially bring your trolling game to the next level. The reinforced lasso sounds like it will require alot more effort to break free from and the bolas just go along that same vein.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Senator Goob said:

You make solid points but what i meant about the correlation between bounty hunting and trolling is that by focusing in on and progressing through bounty hunter you will be unlocking items that could potentially bring your trolling game to the next level. The reinforced lasso sounds like it will require alot more effort to break free from and the bolas just go along that same vein.

Well, griefers will be griefers and they'll always try to find ways to use new skills, weapons, etc against other players but if you read the description of what the update will bring, there are also things that are supposed to help players avoid them in this update. Even some of the other perks players can earn from these roles.  .....not to mention the fact that those who prey on the innocent will also become targets themselves.

....so, I'm not too worried about what potential advantages the lasso will provide to them against me, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Serious griefers in the game should have a record and be put on a most wanted list with a very high bounty.over time unless caught will keep racking up the bounty on there head so as we have high reward special bounties out there amongst the lobbys.im talking about those idiots who grief for no reason and skip lobby when chased down.when they load up they are still on the list.one day we randomly come across them in lobby and know they are the real deal.and only way to take the bounty off there head is a big fine to pay in game dollars or gold.eventually the serial griefers would slow down a bit as not worth the hassle for them.first im gonna be trader and make a sale as got my pouch full of 3 star goodies ready then straight the my dream as bounty hunter.i will do all 3 the same day as been saving for this very update.needed a break from the grind of rdr2 and back in love with the game.counting down the minutes til tue.seems time is slowing down haha.bounty hunter will be my preferred game type.but i will help others like i do in gtav.i get more out of these games by helping others out.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also with the "Never stopped Like" poll. There have been times I was feeling board but I would just push through. I'm an older gamer so when everyone gets upset about no weekly updates I tend to look past it. This is my first Online game so never got spoiled with expecting new things every week. I also enjoy games similar to Diablo so used to grinding. In another thread/comment someone had brought up most people do not understand coding on any level and just want things right away- I've always had that mindset. It's def hard for a company to try to appease everyone... I'd like no PVP unless structured... If you want to blast other players away play the showdowns don't try to ruin the game others want to play in free roam.  Really anticipating this update, I think well all be happy. And with role tokens it's going to keep us from buying everything the day of and burned out by the next week. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, llp said:

Also with the "Never stopped Like" poll. There have been times I was feeling board but I would just push through. I'm an older gamer so when everyone gets upset about no weekly updates I tend to look past it. This is my first Online game so never got spoiled with expecting new things every week. I also enjoy games similar to Diablo so used to grinding. In another thread/comment someone had brought up most people do not understand coding on any level and just want things right away- I've always had that mindset. It's def hard for a company to try to appease everyone... I'd like no PVP unless structured... If you want to blast other players away play the showdowns don't try to ruin the game others want to play in free roam.  Really anticipating this update, I think well all be happy. And with role tokens it's going to keep us from buying everything the day of and burned out by the next week. 

Its very cool that you can push through boredom. I remember having to make my own fun in games when i was little and getting hundreds of hours of fun out of a game that today would take me 12 hours to complete. I was able to stop and enjoy the scenery and just feel the wonder of it all. Modern gaming has desensitized me to those feelings and now i get bored of games too easily because they offer so much to do that i get in the mindset that once i do all of those things theres nothing left to enjoy when there really always is. By the way, how old are you and when did you start gaming?

 

Edited by Senator Goob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:35 PM, Saffron said:

Im just asking out of curiosity what makes you play this type of game then.if anything i would like it more rough and danger lurking all over the map.just amazes why people even play and then have such a downer attitude about it.but still carry on playing.think happy thought and get those guns out.you may enjoy it if you let loose.and solo is difficult if you cant handle yourself in game and get wound up easy by griefers.

I agree.  I play entirely solo so far, pretty much because I couldn't figure out posses early on (!) and now I'm used to it.  I love roaming the West on my own, not knowing what is around the corner.  I was chased by a posse of four players last night for no real reason, but it was fun, I gave as good as I got, and it was felt pretty authentic.  I have a sharp suit, fancy weapons, I look like just the sort of dandy passing deadbeats might try to rob.  Griefers wind me up in Elite Dangerous, but in RDR I don't mind them at all (and there realy aren't too many, in my experience).  I meet plenty more friendly strangers.  I patted another player's horse by mistake a couple of night ago, while he was walking to a post office, and he turned and I thought 'here we go', there was a pregnant pause and... he waved.  I waved back and rode out.  Later that same session I was defending some travellers, not doing great, another player arrived and helped out.  When it was done, he looted a lot of the corpses, including some I had taken down, then he just turned and gave me a look, as if to say 'is this a problem?'.  I thought it was fair enough, gave him a nod, and two minutes later we were squatting by the fire cooking some meat together.

This is the best game I have encountered for taking the rough with the smooth and thinking it all feels about right.

Sorry to waffle on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SimonTemplar said:

I agree.  I play entirely solo so far, pretty much because I couldn't figure out posses early on (!) and now I'm used to it.  I love roaming the West on my own, not knowing what is around the corner.  I was chased by a posse of four players last night for no real reason, but it was fun, I gave as good as I got, and it was felt pretty authentic.  I have a sharp suit, fancy weapons, I look like just the sort of dandy passing deadbeats might try to rob.  Griefers wind me up in Elite Dangerous, but in RDR I don't mind them at all (and there realy aren't too many, in my experience).  I meet plenty more friendly strangers.  I patted another player's horse by mistake a couple of night ago, while he was walking to a post office, and he turned and I thought 'here we go', there was a pregnant pause and... he waved.  I waved back and rode out.  Later that same session I was defending some travellers, not doing great, another player arrived and helped out.  When it was done, he looted a lot of the corpses, including some I had taken down, then he just turned and gave me a look, as if to say 'is this a problem?'.  I thought it was fair enough, gave him a nod, and two minutes later we were squatting by the fire cooking some meat together.

This is the best game I have encountered for taking the rough with the smooth and thinking it all feels about right.

Sorry to waffle on.

I meet more friendly players than griefers.u just have to not let them bother you and know when to walk away from them as they will carry on and on as they have nothing better to do or cant play the game right.still play with a couple of players to this day from last xmas time i just met on the marshlands in bluewater.shouldnt let idiots ruin your fun.i can handle the game solo or if you cant play solo, posse up.its more fun with people but im finding this update pushing alot of players solo at the min.either trying to work the update out or not willing to take a lesser cut so they take longer to rank up in the roles.seems to be a race going on to rank up haha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Saffron said:

I meet more friendly players than griefers.u just have to not let them bother you and know when to walk away from them as they will carry on and on as they have nothing better to do or cant play the game right.still play with a couple of players to this day from last xmas time i just met on the marshlands in bluewater.shouldnt let idiots ruin your fun.i can handle the game solo or if you cant play solo, posse up.its more fun with people but im finding this update pushing alot of players solo at the min.either trying to work the update out or not willing to take a lesser cut so they take longer to rank up in the roles.seems to be a race going on to rank up haha.

Yes, I feel quite stuck with solo as I am online at odd times (self-employed and four kids (!)), but actually like being independent.  I do join posses for missions via the posse screen but am not really sure how that side of it works, or how the game is putting us together, and as soon as the mission is over you lose contact with the other players so haven't made any acquaintances from it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...