*Camps* (Discussions of Issues Since Summer Update)

zosma2000

Im on xbox as well. Sometimes when you set up camp nothing happens i usually just wait 2-3 secs and set up again and it triggers. It happened to me some times but not much. 

Also some areas where you try to set up camp are "full on camps" and the system will not allow you to place another one in that area bcoz there is no place. There is a msg in the corner of the creen saying that the area is full and there is no more place for one.

This happened to me the other week, no matter how many times i tried to set up a camp it just wouldn’t do it - the menu kept saying the option to set up a camp. 

Seemed to sort itself out for me, so like someone said it probably is server related.

Today when i go from free roam to showdown, then back to free roam the camp was gone, i tryed several times to set up from online menu, but it didnt work, so i used LB and the camp icon and it worked.

3 minutes ago, lumper said:

This has been happening more and more.

Today I cant set up a camp at all and it is so frustrating, I want to scream!!! damnit I need my camp, wtf.

Between no camp being set and server drops, I get it. At least your still in the game tho.

1 hour ago, DNMNetTech said:

Between no camp being set and server drops, I get it. At least your still in the game tho.

For about 1 minute more then I am out, I will put in the work and grind and all that but when the game goes from working perfectly to not working at all over night Im out.

Between this camp thing and the fact that I can not find a single rooster I am ready to blow!!

I have been to every spot you expect a rooster to be, Emerald ranch, Armadillo, Valentine, Mamma Watsons, etc.. wtf rooster?!?!?

I go at night, back in the morning during the afternoon, doesnt matter when I go, no roosters!!

These daily challenges where you have to fond stuff dont usually bother me, I know where everything is, But I have never really had to get a rooster before, I see chickens everywhere, but no roosters, I looked up several videos, they each show a different location, but for me, not one damn rooster!! add to that my camp wont spawn and Im getting aggravated.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, lumper said:

For about 1 minute more then I am out, I will put in the work and grind and all that but when the game goes from working perfectly to not working at all over night Im out.

Between this camp thing and the fact that I can not find a single rooster I am ready to blow!!

I have been to every spot you expect a rooster to be, Emerald ranch, Armadillo, Valentine, Mamma Watsons, etc.. wtf rooster?!?!?

I go at night, back in the morning during the afternoon, doesnt matter when I go, no roosters!!

These daily challenges where you have to fond stuff dont usually bother me, I know where everything is, But I have never really had to get a rooster before, I see chickens everywhere, but no roosters, I looked up several videos, they each show a different location, but for me, not one damn rooster!! add to that my camp wont spawn and Im getting aggravated.

Stupid question but did you look in the coops?

Yes I checked all the chicken coops I could think of or find

I did eventually get the camps to work again but it was a matter of switching servers, hard starting the console, etc,..
BTW, I eventually found a rooster ion Rhodes just south of the pawn show at the slave village I think it is, they have a coop and I found one there, then I jumped sessions and got the other one.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 1

Well if it's any consolation to anyone I too wonder sometimes why I play this game, I must be a glutton for punishment.

I am unable to set up camp (on PS4)  and when I do I get it to work I get as pictured...  Someone else's camp is the same location and Cripps is floating in the air (again)

Plus I jumped into the coop near Rhodes and killed a chicken (I thought it was a rooster) and got charged with Animal Cruelty  (I also got charged with Animal Cruelty while fishing and killing birds for hours and a whole $.15 bounty).  Game is a buggy mess since Tuesday

Earlier this week I contacted R* CS and get told they want video of my many bugs...I send them some of the desired Screenshots and video....

After several days and Tier 3 support I get told that they are working on Patch and Hot Fixes and to clean the cache...

Cleaning the cache and simply changing servers seems to work the best.

1712019410_RedDeadRedemption2_20190605172027.thumb.jpg.f4d67966d9efbd8e4e57753985f0f907.jpg

Edited by Dissention

I have noticed that there are apparently only a certain number of campable spots per area. Sometimes you'll see the area name you want to camp in is grayed out. It'll say something to the effect that there's no more room. But I do also frequently run into the problem of it just refusing to set up camp, even though the area name is in white.

32 minutes ago, KylesDad7 said:

I have noticed that there are apparently only a certain number of campable spots per area. Sometimes you'll see the area name you want to camp in is grayed out. It'll say something to the effect that there's no more room. But I do also frequently run into the problem of it just refusing to set up camp, even though the area name is in white.

I've been having the same issue for a couple of weeks now. Can't setup a camp. I have to reform my  persistent posse and setup a camp that way. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If you don't have a  persistent posse, try and create a temp one and see if that works for you.

• 1 month later...

So I was having the same problem until I started spamming the A button in the camp menu. When you select the location it returns to the first part where you select 'size and location' and it is grayed out. But it will turn back to white if it doesn't work. It took about 5-6 repetitions until it finally set my camp. Don't stop spamming even while it is working until it is set. 

• 1 month later...

For about a week now I have not been able to set my camp up. Just will not set my camp up no matter how i try or where i go. I've tried doing other missions then setting up but nothing. I am tired of it and will not play until this is fixed because all i want to do is hunt and sell stuff through the trader roll. Let me know if this is happening to anyone else, or if you'd like me to upload evidence of it. So so annoying.

• Thanks 1

I think this is a common problem, and I think it's just that sometimes there aren't enough possible camp locations in a particular area for everyone at once, as it affects me mostly in areas with a lot of through-traffic and a higher online population (e.g The Heartlands, Great Plains). However, if I go for a two day hunting trip up at Brandywine Drop, camp set-up is immediate as it's so remote, so much so that if I don't like the area it drops in Roanoke, I just change camp to another region, then change back again to get another Roanoke camp location, and repeat this until I get the one I prefer.

Edited by Soulmod

30 minutes ago, Antonia said:

yes it is a known issue. guys open tickets and report as much as you can. we know they are curently working on this super annoying thing. 

^^^^^  ....this.

Make sure you're reporting these issues even if you think or know that they are already aware of it.  The more people who open tickets, the better IMO / IME.

I have all the bugs listed above and many more.  I've reported to R* and get the we are working on it.

I've had the camp bug going on at least a week now and believe it's not a bug but just some kind of programming gone mad.

If you do a couple of bounties, leave the session for a half hour or so, or move far away from your camp and linger for awhile it seems to comes back.  Especially if you do bounties far from camp.  that's my current workaround.

Tuesdays are my day of hope, that they put out some bug fixes rather than another hat with a feather in it.

• Thanks 1

• Kean_1 changed the title to *Camps* (Discussions of Issues Since Summer Update)
  • Kean_1 pinned this topic