So What Are You Actually Supposed To Do; 2 Strangers Arguing With Each Other.

KylesDad7

I've run across this several times now, where two strangers are arguiong with each other and eventually one shoots the other. How do you know what to do to which one before one shoots the other?

Edited by KylesDad7

I dont get this either.

I only recently understood the run away carriage too, and Ive yet to get it right, you have to jump onto it and then bring it to a stop, Ive tried shooting the horses out, and many other things, in the end they survive but are pissed at me, lol, then I realized, they want me to jump on, bring it to stop safely without damage, good luck with all that.

Im not sure what we are expected to do with the two arguing that one shoots the other, I dont get it, I thought maybe we are supposed to challenge he shooter after the fact?

I dont know, Id like to hear what others think though.

Same with the barking dog, Once led me to an ambush, but several other times led me to a body, thats it, nothing more, I felt bad like what can I do here?

Then the one time the dog even attacked me, then some guy out of the woods, etc.. but many times, just a barking dog over a dead body and seemingly nothing more I can do.

Yes with the running wagon that's the solution. I jump on it and turn it to the owners for 10$. The dog situation though is very rng depending on where the event spawns on the map. I had it spawned in Blackwater led me to an ambush. Then Ambarino led me to a body with a treasure map. Then in Heartlands led me to a body with 2$. Then in New Austin led me to a chest with a rare alcohol. Seems pretty rng to me. Now for the shooters thingy i thing i'll emote/challenge the winner next time. Good idea ty.

Edited by Antonia

Hogtie the winner if you don't want to get hit with murder and chased.  Loot them both.

I'm going to try to hogtie one B4 they shoot, see what happens, but I'm usually too late to the party. *

Same with the dogs, it's some kind of RNG ... never know what you will get. 

Sometimes great, sometimes okay but I too have also gotten maps and collectibles.

* Okay that didn't work.  Kidnapping.

Edited by Dissention
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zui said:

Pretty sure I shot and looted them both and it wasn’t worth it.  I don’t think they’re there for us to do anything but to watch ‘em.

Yeah, I looted them both.  Nothing worthy to be found.  Surely there is more to this....

15 hours ago, lumper said:

II only recently understood the run away carriage too, and Ive yet to get it right, you have to jump onto it and then bring it to a stop, Ive tried shooting the horses out, and many other things, in the end they survive but are pissed at me, lol, then I realized, they want me to jump on, bring it to stop safely without damage, good luck with all that.

It's really not that difficult. Just ride up next to it on your horse and hit square when you get the prompt, then R1 to hit the brakes(I'm  on PS4. Not sure what the equivalent Xbox buttons are).

20 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

It's really not that difficult. Just ride up next to it on your horse and hit square when you get the prompt, then R1 to hit the brakes(I'm  on PS4. Not sure what the equivalent Xbox buttons are).

Oh I understand what to do, lol its not that, its my old slow brain, by the time I see it, I get up close enough to jump on nad somehow I messed that up so I didnt jump, no time for a second try on that one, so maybe next time.

I did see the arguing women outside of Rhodes again and I think when she is done she says something like "anyone else want some" or something like that so I do think you are able to challenge her to a dual, not positive but thats my guess

11 hours ago, lumper said:

Oh I understand what to do, lol its not that, its my old slow brain, by the time I see it, I get up close enough to jump on nad somehow I messed that up so I didnt jump, no time for a second try on that one, so maybe next time.

I did see the arguing women outside of Rhodes again and I think when she is done she says something like "anyone else want some" or something like that so I do think you are able to challenge her to a dual, not positive but thats my guess

I jumped onto one last night, went right over the cliff with it.  Dead.  Then met two guys arguing, shot the shooter, chased off by the law.  Some days a good man just can't win.

The wagon one for me is tough, by the time I am able to initiate it seems there is roughly >50' to jump on the wagon before it meets it's doom. I have completed it 1 time so far. The 2 dueling people probably is just something to watch, although my experiences have been slightly different. One time in Rhodes it was a female that killed the other female and as I got slightly closer she went on with "She made me do it".... just kept re saying that as she mounted her horse and started riding away. One other time (may have been Valentine) once again spectating when one shot and killed the other he started yelling at me and proceeded to shoot me.  I shot him never got any bounty. 

Kinda cool, hope they do more with it 

I was asking about it in other post a few weeks ago and glad it came here. 

So i tried every possible outcome with the arguing 2 and all end up the same - nothing happenes. 

I shot one of them before they shoot eachother - nothing 

The other way around - nothing 

shoot both - nothing 

shoot the one that survived the duel - same.

I dont get it maybe its supposed to be just  event to make the towns feel more real. I really miss the events from SP and interactions with NPC's , robbing them etc. 

• Like 1

I think the two strangers arguing are just for show. 

Been awhile since I’ve seen them. Next time I do I want to see if there’s a white dot that shows up on the mini map indicating it’s some kind of dynamic event, like all the other do.

Has anyone seen a white dot on the mini map, when approaching the two strangers?

I’ve tried a lot of different ways to handle it. Shooting a warning shot, hogtie both or the winner, shooting the winner, shooting both, & following the winner. But he just rides on forever so I shoot him.

7 minutes ago, C20Dragon said:

I think the two strangers arguing are just for show. 

Been awhile since I’ve seen them. Next time I do I want to see if there’s a white dot that shows up on the mini map indicating it’s some kind of dynamic event, like all the other do.

Has anyone seen a white dot on the mini map, when approaching the two strangers?

I’ve tried a lot of different ways to handle it. Shooting a warning shot, hogtie both or the winner, shooting the winner, shooting both, & following the winner. But he just rides on forever so I shoot him.

There is a white dot and you're right it is just for show. The dynamic events in online are designed to mimic the ones seen in single player. Some give you a reward. Some merely affect honor(the old man looking for food at your camp), and some, like the duel, are just there to enhance your overall gameplay experience.

But then remove the White dot ffs...

Is it a "townspeople event/duel", and you can't do nothing about it, and there is no benefit for you other than Watch, then the White dot should never be there at all...

Edited by roggek

22 hours ago, BeDoomed said:

Has anyone tried standing smack bang in the middle between the two? Maybe see if they treat it as you trying to break up the argument?

Like it, will try that.  But when I'm shot dead my e-ghost might haunt you, briefly, and you'll have guilt.  Worth a try, though.

• Haha 1