1/7/20 Weekly Bonuses & More

Kean_1

NEW CLOTHING NOW IN STORES AND BONUSES FOR MOONSHINERSPLUS NEW FREE AIM SERIES, ROLE DISCOUNTS AND MORE

522df1546badce7206a099d460d24280a4fc737e

374abb2cfa3ffc9fac9f61adad99f2d301ec2653

The Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue has a selection of new items for sale starting this week, including permanent additions like the Rivera Hooded Tunic, McCrum Pants, the Palma and Baldock Hats, Kelley Boots and Pico Sandals. The Boutell Hat and Leavitt Jacket are also now available in stores, though word is that these items may only be in stock for a limited time.

If you're looking for a no-holds-barred arena to test your mettle in, look no further: this week's Featured Free Aim Series puts all of the Capture game-modes in the limelight - including Hostile Territory, Overrun, Plunder, Spoils of War and Up in Smoke. Whether you're territorial by nature or a daredevil looking to deliver goods deep into the heart of enemy turf, it's time to mount up and show what you've got.

b726f24821b5d74e609cdc639cda80aaca34acb9

d8b38175c227f3fd4ed7dd8385ffc204fb080129

Aspiring bootleggers who reach Moonshiner Rank 3 before January 13th will receive an exclusive colorway of Kelley Boots, visit the Benefits section to pick up the Reward. Plus, earn 500 Moonshiner Role XP by flavoring any Batch of Moonshine, which can fetch a higher price when selling to buyers in the market for your recipe. Selling any Batch of Medium-strength shine this week will also land you a 30% discount on any Norfolk Roadster Horse, which you can pick up in the Benefits section. 

Those yet to cut their teeth in the moonshining business can take 25% off the cost of all Moonshiner Shack Properties and Property Relocations; meanwhile, Traders can take 40% off Novice and Promising Trader Role Items, such as the Stew Pot and Medium Delivery Wagon.

Players who verified their Social Club email address and set up two-step verification on their accounts will receive discounts on the Outlaw Pass, Role Items for the Bounty Hunter, Trader and Collector Roles, and a free Kladruber Horse of their choice. Those who have connected their Social Club account with Twitch Prime will receive the Collector's Bag and the Polished Copper Moonshine Still upgrade - both free of charge. To ensure access to future benefits, make sure to visit Twitch Prime and sign up.

Check Rockstar Support for details and limitations.

• Thanks 2

Funny that I predicted in the other topic, that instead of fixing issues and improving anything.  They would just add more clothing and a new pvp mode.   The ****ING ANIMALS!!!!    WTF

This is getting tiresome.   Whats the point of these damn 'Free Aim' pvp modes, treating them like special pvp modes.   There needs to be a FLAT OUT FREE AIM mode for everything, especially FREE ROAM.      And if R* wants players to even remotely care about pvp modes, they need HOSTED lobbies with options.. with private lobby options.

PVP in RD O could be extremely popular, if they stopped treating it like they do.   And the role playing players need private lobbies.    

And at this point, theres enough clothing in this game to last for years. 

*Hudawg still beating the dead horse?   Nope, im still waiting for the horse to wake up..:D

Edited by Kean_1
(removed extra blank rows to tidy up post)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Funny that I predicted in the other topic, that instead of fixing issues and improving anything.  They would just add more clothing and a new pvp mode.   The ****ING ANIMALS!!!!    WTF

This is getting tiresome.   Whats the point of these damn 'Free Aim' pvp modes, treating them like special pvp modes.   There needs to be a FLAT OUT FREE AIM mode for everything, especially FREE ROAM.      And if R* wants players to even remotely care about pvp modes, they need HOSTED lobbies with options.. with private lobby options.

PVP in RD O could be extremely popular, if they stopped treating it like they do.   And the role playing players need private lobbies.    

*Hudawg still beating the dead horse?   Nope, im still waiting for the horse to wake up..:D

Rockstar Logic.... 😂 ‘keep sending your feedback’ yeah Well... 

the dripfeed content added today sucks.. i would love love love to play in a private session so i Can roleplay myself.. dont need a public server with 97,7% toxic children in it...

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

R* has already said many months ago that they have no interest in splitting up the player base in Free Roam at least for the foreseeable future.  That means no private sessions, hardcore / free aim lobbies, etc.  Right, wrong or indifferent, that's just the way it's gonna be for now.  Personally, if I were as passionate about free aim, I would see these FA events in PvP as a good sign that they are perhaps quite popular that could eventually lead to a hardcore / FA session in the future if they ever decide to go that route.

1 hour ago, Bucnation3139 said:

Good call @HuDawg !! Can't say I didn't see this coming but I am getting reports that disconnects are much less than yesterday and legendary bountys are paying triple gold and cash when running hard mode. 

Fixes continue that they are able to implement on their end.  We only tend to see those that they have to push to the players in the form of hotfixes, TUs, etc.  Often, we never hear anything from R* about those tweaks, changes and fixes they make behind the scenes.  It's not until the community notices something.

1 hour ago, McLawDiz said:

Rockstar Logic.... 😂 ‘keep sending your feedback’ yeah Well... 

the dripfeed content added today sucks.. i would love love love to play in a private session so i Can roleplay myself.. dont need a public server with 97,7% toxic children in it...

IMO, the feedback is extremely important and I think that some of the changes they have made over the last 1+ years has show that they do listen to the input.  Many of the popular requests have been implemented in mechanic changes, etc.  As for fixes, R*'s communication has always been lacking in this regard but I think it's vital that people still submit their feedback and problems to them.  

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't put your chips behind you "predicting" this as a big "I told you so" as MANY of us expected this. Rockstar has set the drip feed schedule likely months ahead of any unforeseen bug fallouts and they're just simply rolling through their schedule as planned. Rockstar for some reason is as transparent as a big red broadside of a barn and doesn't reveal sh**. They just drop stuff in our laps and see how we respond.

The responses are always the same." We're bored and need new content" > *NEW CONTENT!* But there's a catch! It doesn't work! > "I can't wait until Rockstar fixes it" > *Rockstar very slowly fixes it but breaks something else* > "We're bored and need new content"...

I know its coming time for me to roll away from RDO for a quick break. I have a few friends who I've talked to about playing RDO again since before the Spring update and I can't say it's time to log in and dig in just yet. The glitches outweigh the fun aspects lately. It shouldn't have dropped the "beta" title yet.

And on topic regarding the new clothing... everything but the boots is atrocious. We've really been lacking great clothing items. Yeah the Outlaw Pass gave us the Rexroad stuff, and John and Arthur's standard outfits but for some stupid reason you can't separate each individual item making them as useful as the "role outfits" where you really only want it for the hat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I don't like to steal memes from other sites but I found this one funny...game has turned into a walking/horse riding simulator since moonshine update.

IDK.  Sometimes I log in and their are tons of animal spawns (usually the solo or 12 or less lobbies) most times it's only crows and Ravens.

Sunday game was completely unplayable... everything was greyed out and my camp was just a fast travel and lockbox..so maybe/hopefully they doing some backend database work in background. 

@Kean_1.... just some housekeeping... shouldn't post tittle be 1/7/20 update .   

• Kean_1 changed the title to 1/7/20 Weekly Bonuses & More

Even if this is their way of throwing new stuff at us instead of fixing the game, isn't that better than doing nothing at all? I know it is just some outfits and what not but they can just as easily not give us anything new while trying to fix bugs and issues and I think most people would agree, it would be a lot worse. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, gsamson24 said:

Even if this is their way of throwing new stuff at us instead of fixing the game, isn't that better than doing nothing at all? I know it is just some outfits and what not but they can just as easily not give us anything new while trying to fix bugs and issues and I think most people would agree, it would be a lot worse. 

Yes it could be worse for sure, agree with you there ; with that said - it just gets frustrating and this is a good platform for venting a bit with other gamers ... it’s therapeutic to me to know I’m not the only one, lol . 

• Like 2

I appear to be in the minority but I really appreciated the 30% off a new Norfolk Roadster.  Had scrimped to buy one, was going to last night, then the discount dropped so I effectively got a free saddle to go with her.  So I'm a happy customer.  Also had some fun PvP stuff around Valentine, a bunch of new players having a shootout which went on a while, was great.  The game was also stable for me last night (perhaps because I didn't do any moonshining?), but either way I'm loving my new horse and feeling positive about the game.  I'd love it to be all free aim, too, but we won't get that and as it stands it's still my favourite game in 30-something years of gaming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SimonTemplar said:

I appear to be in the minority but I really appreciated the 30% off a new Norfolk Roadster.  Had scrimped to buy one, was going to last night, then the discount dropped so I effectively got a free saddle to go with her.  So I'm a happy customer.  Also had some fun PvP stuff around Valentine, a bunch of new players having a shootout which went on a while, was great.  The game was also stable for me last night (perhaps because I didn't do any moonshining?), but either way I'm loving my new horse and feeling positive about the game.  I'd love it to be all free aim, too, but we won't get that and as it stands it's still my favourite game in 30-something years of gaming.

Buy the Nacogdoches saddle (with hooded stirrups). You get 3 extra bars on speed/accelaration🐎 Yours horse flies😂

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

R* has already said many months ago that they have no interest in splitting up the player base in Free Roam at least for the foreseeable future.  That means no private sessions, hardcore / free aim lobbies, etc.  Right, wrong or indifferent, that's just the way it's gonna be for now.  Personally, if I were as passionate about free aim, I would see these FA events in PvP as a good sign that they are perhaps quite popular that could eventually lead to a hardcore / FA session in the future if they ever decide to go that route.

And because of R* choice to not giving players options to play the game.   This games popularity has suffered.   Free aim lobbies and private lobbies are the most requested features.  Two things that should have been there since launch.    R* says they want feed back...  well?

On top of that..  Free aim is not just about pvp.  So I don't see these free aim pvp modes as a good thing.  It would be the same as if the game was all free aim and R* added ONE special auto aim aim pvp mode every few weeks in rotation.  Whats the point?

Also private lobbies..    The game itself simply runs better with less players.  As of now, getting stuck in a solo lobby is seen as a gift.  Gang hides outs spawning, stranger missions everywhere, animals spawn like crazy.  

And of course private pvp lobbies with host options, would have helped build a healthy pvp community of players.  Which as of right now.  Does not exist.

19 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Fixes continue that they are able to implement on their end.  We only tend to see those that they have to push to the players in the form of hotfixes, TUs, etc.  Often, we never hear anything from R* about those tweaks, changes and fixes they make behind the scenes.  It's not until the community notices something.

R* probably play tests everything in their own private lobbies with a handful of employees at a time.  Which is why this game probably runs so good with only a handful of players in the lobbies.

But the cycle of R* only really adding fixes with content updates.  And then not doing jack sh*t till the next update is getting tiresome.  Since they don't communicate, are players supposed to wait till March for animals fixes?  And if they still doesn't fix it, maybe till Aug or Sept?

And instead of addressing the issues.  R* keeps adding more clothing, discounts and blah blah blah Twitch Prime.  (Which im pretty sure no one watches RD O on twitch prime..(Reasons being what I listed at the start of the my post)

As of now.. the most fun I have is playing Bountys and Shine Missions.  I can play with free aim, I can play solo.. and theres animals everywhere.

• Like 1

bug fixes dont happend by themselfs, this is the first work week of januar, when was the last time you did a solid effort at work during the 2nd and 3rd week of december???

if we are lucky, some fixes may come in februar at the earliest.

(and no, the clothing was not made in december, they was moust likely made 6 months ago, just like it is in gta5o)

Edited by NF85

24 minutes ago, NF85 said:

bug fixes dont happend by themselfs, this is the first work week of januar, when was the last time you did a solid effort at work during the 2nd and 3rd week of december???

R* is the biggest game dev on the damn planet, raking in billions.  Are they paying a few drunk monkeys to fix the games issues?

How long do people have to wait?  Most of the game issues are solved in solo lobbies.  Hence private lobbies would do perfectly till they fix the issues.

There's smaller game devs out there that put out more update and fixes to their games than R* does.

And my point about clothing is.    Clothing is the least important thing about Red Dead.   

Edited by HuDawg
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Not sure what the owl has to do with anything.  But I bet that owl could do a better job running RD O.

Any idiot can run RD O better then whos currently in charge.

I think the owl signifies how much hot air kean is catching about these issues that he can do nothing about. 😀 just guessing here !

• Like 1

I could be wrong here, but I think R* has the bulk of their focus on developing RDO for the next gen consoles coming out later this year - they did the same with GTA V for the Xbox One and PS4 launches... I know this doesn’t help any of us and I most likely am dead wrong, though it’s strangely similar. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Bohannon said:

I could be wrong here, but I think R* has the bulk of their focus on developing RDO for the next gen consoles coming out later this year - they did the same with GTA V for the Xbox One and PS4 launches... I know this doesn’t help any of us and I most likely am dead wrong, though it’s strangely similar. 

There's nothing to develop. PS5 will be backward compatible with PS4 titles.  I'm not so sure about a remastered version of RDR2 for PS5 but who knows.  I think there may have been more urgency to release a remastered version that would work on PS4 since that platform didn't have backward compatibility with PS3 titles.  They stood to lose a good portion of their player base as PS owners made the upgrade.  

Now, PS4 players will simply be able to continue playing RDO on their PS5.  .....perhaps down the road but even so, I don't think that will stifle RDO's continued development and progress.

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

There's nothing to develop. PS5 will be backward compatible with PS4 titles.  I'm not so sure about a remastered version of RDR2 for PS5 but who knows.  I think there may have been more urgency to release a remastered version that would work on PS4 since that platform didn't have backward compatibility with PS3 titles.  They stood to lose a good portion of their player base as PS owners made the upgrade.  

Now, PS4 players will simply be able to continue playing RDO on their PS5.  .....perhaps down the road but even so, I don't think that will stifle RDO's continued development and progress.

Does the same applies for Xbox? Because, you have to re-install the game on your new Xbox 2020 harddisk. Is any progress at the R* server/in the cloud?

26 minutes ago, Herta47 said:

Does the same applies for Xbox? Because, you have to re-install the game on your new Xbox 2020 harddisk. Is any progress at the R* server/in the cloud?

Not sure. I haven't been following the progress on the MS side to be honest since I'll be buying a PS5 regardless. 

For RDO I think it's stored on their end if I'm not mistaken.  .....for the campaign there are save files that are stored locally and backed up on their servers. Perhaps someone can chime in that knows more about it.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2020 at 10:05 PM, Dissention said:

game has turned into a walking/horse riding simulator since moonshine update.

That's about right, its just missing the doll dress-up simulator aspect.

I want to drop the game completely right now but I can't bear the thought of being back at the foot of the daily challenge ladder when they actually give us RDO back so I still drop in every day but play for as little time as possible.

13 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

I was really meaning the online platform .... again I was only speculating given the timing