Jump to content

You all ready for Christmas?


bluntTR4P
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are 3 weeks or so away from the big day. I'd like to consider myself ready but I always end up forgetting something. My family doesn't make a big deal of the day anymore. It is usually just a small gathering of 10 these days. I am mostly looking forward to the food and the time off work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Truth said:

But do you accept paypal or crypto? WE NEED TO KNOW!!!

I actually want to tell people to just send me money via PayPal now to see what they say. 

When you think about it though... if everyone is just giving each other cash... what is the point of it? You either end up with the same amount, less, or more. Gifts are no different. You are basically buying people things in return for things you may not want or even need so it is like we are blindly spending money for no reason other than because the fat cats trick us into believing it is part of the "holiday spirit". Grinch had it right. Spend nothing and STEAL EVERYTHING! 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm Russian Orthodox, so our Christmas isn't until January 7.  We don't make that big a deal of it anymore either.  I keep wanting to start my shopping early, couple gifts here and there so I'm not stressing while I scramble to get gifts, but I always end up doing things last minute.  Last year, I got all my shopping done in about an hour the day before, somehow for only $100 for 9 people.  Burlington Coat Factory FTW.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The idea of spending money you don't have to impress people who only care about themselves puts me off. Like shouldn't the season be about togetherness and family? Not who go what for who or how much you spend? I don't know. Maybe I am an alien in this world. I remember when my youngest brother (16 at the time) kept going on and on at our family gathering about gifts. I guess our mom got him the wrong camera or something so he was all upset and threw a fit. He should have been thankful he got anything at all the little slowed twit. 

I like buying people gifts because I like making people happy but for a lot of people. It is just a shame that can't be the focus for more people these days. I know for some it still is but for many, it isn't. Holidays are just coming together and pissing each other off. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, watery buffalo said:

Holidays are just coming together and pissing each other off. lol

That has happened on about half our family holiday gatherings in the past decade.  With a few exceptions, my family does not know how to relax. Everyone gets all tense and someone says something that pisses someone else off, and they just can't seem to forgive each other.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KRooKeD KRoW said:

That has happened on about half our family holiday gatherings in the past decade.  With a few exceptions, my family does not know how to relax. Everyone gets all tense and someone says something that pisses someone else off, and they just can't seem to forgive each other.

Yup same. I don't remember the last family gathering for Christmas that didn't involve complaining, nagging, or yelling. We don't even have large gatherings anymore which is the saddest part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, watery buffalo said:

Yup same. I don't remember the last family gathering for Christmas that didn't involve complaining, nagging, or yelling. We don't even have large gatherings anymore which is the saddest part. 

We still have gatherings, there's just people missing. And Easter is an open-house holiday so we go to our friends houses mostly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DylBandit said:

I'm ready for new Christmas players to play Red Dead Online! 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sike

You know the servers will be flooded with kids right after Christmas. I am not looking forward to that. I don't mind some 14 to 17 year olds but the screaming 10 to 13 range is what I dread. They should really screen for games better. I don't care what a parent thinks, no kid 13 or under should be playing this game. 14+ depends on the individual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am fine with the holiday season. I like family gatherings. What I don't like is everyone making the day about themselves and fighting over political crap. If that happens again this year, I will just be walking right out the house and going home. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/5/2018 at 2:07 PM, #SadCowboy said:

You know the servers will be flooded with kids right after Christmas. I am not looking forward to that. I don't mind some 14 to 17 year olds but the screaming 10 to 13 range is what I dread. They should really screen for games better. I don't care what a parent thinks, no kid 13 or under should be playing this game. 14+ depends on the individual. 

Oh yes, there is nothing like Christmas time. (I stress the word NOTHING)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really do Christmas, just looking forward to the food, drink and some time off work. I have a Christmas tradition that if there's a game out that I really will love playing I buy it before Christmas and not play it until Christmas day. It was supposed to have been RDR2 this years, but that plan crashed and burned 🙄. Fortunately I really like the Hitman franchise, so there's Hitman 2 to save the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get some time off work that I get paid for so that is my holiday cheer right there.

It usually gets sucked away by my mother sometime between Christmas Eve and Christmas days cause I guess I am always wrong but this is especially true during the holidays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only person I care to go big for is my nephew. I was planning on giving him my Xbox one since I just upgraded to the x. Apparently my (stubborn as ****) brother got him some games for his 360, so he told me not to give him the one...

Now I'm kind of ****ed since everyone else already got him everything... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Truth said:

The only person I care to go big for is my nephew. I was planning on giving him my Xbox one since I just upgraded to the x. Apparently my (stubborn as ****) brother got him some games for his 360, so he told me not to give him the one...

Now I'm kind of ****ed since everyone else already got him everything... 

Give it to him for his birthday with a game. Not sure when that is but your bro can't get mad then, and if he does he'll look like a di*k. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Skrylaxx said:

Give it to him for his birthday with a game. Not sure when that is but your bro can't get mad then, and if he does he'll look like a di*k. LOL

That's in October...

I talked it over with my buddy and came up with THE BEST plan.

I'll make it a day after Christmas present! That way he gets to "win" Christmas, my nephew still gets the upgrade, and I piss off my brother more than I ever could've dreamed!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Truth said:

That's in October...

I talked it over with my buddy and came up with THE BEST plan.

I'll make it a day after Christmas present! That way he gets to "win" Christmas, my nephew still gets the upgrade, and I piss off my brother more than I ever could've dreamed!

LOL Nice plan! Either way, he will look like a di*k if he gets mad which is a win for you either way. I love sibling rivalry when kids are unintentionally involved. I do it with my sister all the time.  My niece is a bit of an ADD gal and she loses interest in things fast so every time I get her a gift, I make sure to give it a week or 2 late so she has something new to enjoy. My sister gets so mad. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Xmas is a very quiet affair for us .... Just my wife and I, plus our little dog.

Both of our now fully adult children have their own lives and things to do, thank God ... Neither have any children and we strongly suspect, they never will

We're none of us 'family' people. Both my wife and I stopped conversing with our irritating families years ago and we do not do friends either.

My wife works much from home . As such she has already marked out the Xmas period to construct a presentation for a conference she is presenting at in January 2019. It's the only time she has ... We're not religious.... We're both vegan, vegetarian when we have to be, so no animal will be slaughtered for us to eat. Neither do we drink alcohol, take drugs or 420.... We buy each other a little something silly because there is nothing we need ... similar for the children. They tell us what they want and we buy it.

Indeed the major Xmas present we shall give will be as usual, a substantial donation to the dog charity which we support all year long. 

Felicitations of the season to all, whatever it is you do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ready for XMAS !

Have two daughters, two dogs, a rabbit, a PS4, RDR2 (!!!), my Gears of War DVD of XBOX 360 I will keep forever and.....let me see....what did I forget......mmmmhhh,....... oh yes ! My wife ! Version 1.0 still working good ! 😙

XMAS is coming, we're all happy

Ciao !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...