Jump to content

Will we see schools?


redscrew
 Share

Recommended Posts

inside-school-house-1880s.jpg

The late 1800's had school systems growing all over the country and it became a thing of the norm through the Elementary Education Act 1880.

 Above is an image of what a 1880's classroom looked like. I am just wondering if maybe we will actually see any school settings and kids in the game. Like I think it would be cool to actually see a group of kids go into a building early morning and leave in the afternoon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, it would be one of those things that is not needed. Like sure it would be cool for like a second but then they would have to deal with people raging over kids getting killed in RDR2. You know someone will go on a kid killing spree. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Glopez said:

Honestly, it would be one of those things that is not needed. Like sure it would be cool for like a second but then they would have to deal with people raging over kids getting killed in RDR2. You know someone will go on a kid killing spree. 

Yep, this. Cool idea, but nah, it just wouldn't work in this kind of game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A game with this level of violence? That is like the folks who make Call of Duty games introducing child bombers. Let's be real. This is not a good idea no matter what way you spin it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw this the other day and showed it to my friend. The first thing he jumped to was shooting up schools. Not saying he is a sick guy but I don't think the media helps things by making sure EVERYONE knows kids were killed in a school shooting. 

But no, no we will not see them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

I don't think there will be many just because of the violence level of the game. They may have some kids part of missions but that is about it. If they had schools with kids, then people would go around killing them. You know they would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL

Video games are already being targeted for influences violence on kids. This is not something that needs to be in the game nor will be. Sure, we will probably see a school or two but there will NOT be children in it unless it is for a cut scene. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A friend of mine mentioned this about GTA and he said they should have kids and teens in it. I just laughed at him. He goes "I wasn't telling a joke". I guess some people don't think fully grasp what that would lead to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I genuinely have not noticed the lack of children in video games. ????It never crosses my mind, but if they were added, it would be a bad idea for any 18+ video game that involves killing (often innocent) NPCs. As others have said, they would be deeply criticised and shut down by the media. People already have a problem with video games and their violence so throwing children into the mix isn't a good idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2018 at 6:20 AM, BelleStarr said:

I genuinely have not noticed the lack of children in video games. ????It never crosses my mind, but if they were added, it would be a bad idea for any 18+ video game that involves killing (often innocent) NPCs. As others have said, they would be deeply criticised and shut down by the media. People already have a problem with video games and their violence so throwing children into the mix isn't a good idea.

I have seen them in cutscenes but not in open play. Just too risky for game publishers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless a game was run on PC and not sold on a gaming platformer like Steam, you will never see kids in video games where the player can kill them. The devs alone would get a lot of backlash and the console maker/brand would be in some pretty hot water for accepting the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 4:52 PM, ChrisCr0ss said:

Unless a game was run on PC and not sold on a gaming platformer like Steam, you will never see kids in video games where the player can kill them. The devs alone would get a lot of backlash and the console maker/brand would be in some pretty hot water for accepting the game. 

Exactly. I have seen some pretty intense PC games with very graphic things either in the games or hinted at in the games but this is something that is a major no-no for the mainstream. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone hear about that game that was due for release next month where you can play as a school shooter? Think it's Russian or something and it's been cancelled now but seriously, like what goes through peoples' minds. Like maybe, MAYBE someone might think let's make a game where you can shoot up a school and then the thought is gone in less than a second, but this game went all the way through dev and into alpha and it was still cool with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

So now that Kids have been confirmed in the game. How will this be addressed?  There’s no way you’re going to be able to kill children. They’ll never allow it. So will they be invincible? And if so, what does that mean for the sense of realism that R* is going for? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMcC said:

So now that Kids have been confirmed in the game. How will this be addressed?  There’s no way you’re going to be able to kill children. They’ll never allow it. So will they be invincible? And if so, what does that mean for the sense of realism that R* is going for? 

I would imagine they play it off by maybe having Arthur say something when you try to shoot a kid. Similar to when you tried to buy a hooker with John. He just declined every time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Reyes said:

I would imagine they play it off by maybe having Arthur say something when you try to shoot a kid. Similar to when you tried to buy a hooker with John. He just declined every time.

Nailed it. That’s good thinkin’. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That would likely be the route they go. I mean you can aim at a kid but it won't allow you to actually pull the trigger. It makes the most sense. I don't think we will see too many kids running around but the ones that are will need to be protected. Allowing us to still shoot them and not take damage still lets us shoot them regardless and that won't be viewed well. I would rather Arthur say something like "He's just a kid." or "Shooting a little girl, I can't do that."  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2018 at 9:47 AM, DaveSpeek said:

That would likely be the route they go. I mean you can aim at a kid but it won't allow you to actually pull the trigger. It makes the most sense. I don't think we will see too many kids running around but the ones that are will need to be protected. Allowing us to still shoot them and not take damage still lets us shoot them regardless and that won't be viewed well. I would rather Arthur say something like "He's just a kid." or "Shooting a little girl, I can't do that."  

They had this functionality in GTA where you couldn't shoot another protag. Although you could grenade them and they would essentially die. Not sure how they would handle that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well... I would expect there to be dynamite so they must have some kind of protection set for kids. If they play it the same way as in GTA, then you could kill kids... On purpose or by mistake. It is just something they have to make sure isn't in the game at all. I am not bothered by how they end up doing it though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 9/26/2018 at 1:45 AM, Benjo said:

Children confirmed in open play and as expected you can't kill them or lasso them. 

They should have at least let us hog time them lol

Then again, people would just take that the wrong way. Either way, glad they won't be being used as target practice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...