STOP MOVING MY CAMP

Jimblob

I will make sure not to move your camp again, I apologize. 

I am joking of course. This is a fan run site and has no affiliation with Rockstar. If you have an issue, you have to take it up with them. Yelling at other players won't help you bro.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jimblob said:

Title says it all. When I place my camp I place it where I want it placed, then it gets moved for no reason, please stop doing that. STOP MOVING MY CAMP !!!!

Hi Jim,

First, welcome to the forums.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

As mentioned, this is a fan site and not affiliated with R* or T2.  However, R* has set up a site specifically for providing feedback regarding their beta.  You can find the site here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

I would encourage you to submit your suggestions and complaints through that link if you are interested in trying to make a difference.  R* has already made changes and plans for change based on player input.

This is one of few major complaints I have about the online game. I get that there will be bugs and glitches but if this is how it is meant to work, I am not going to enjoy playing the game as much as I would like to. I just don't like the idea of my camp randomly moving. Like sometimes it sits where it is for hours and other times it is jumping around every 15 minutes. 

I also get angry when the camp moves by itself. but I get even more angry when I decide to move it to a region and find it somewhere else. 

another thing that I have already reported is that if I disconnect from the game inside my camp, why  when I return to the game I find myself at least 500 meters from the camp  ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peppino79 said:

I also get angry when the camp moves by itself. but I get even more angry when I decide to move it to a region and find it somewhere else. 

another thing that I have already reported is that if I disconnect from the game inside my camp, why  when I return to the game I find myself at least 500 meters from the camp  ???

This is probably the most annoying thing to me. I have signed out in camp to come back later and be surrounded by wolves or something. How they going to allow you to leave the game protected and then screw you over. I now find the nearest town and sign out in a bar or something.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Glopez said:

This is probably the most annoying thing to me. I have signed out in camp to come back later and be surrounded by wolves or something. How they going to allow you to leave the game protected and then screw you over. I now find the nearest town and sign out in a bar or something.

"resume free rom where you left it" should be "resume free rom where the **** I want"  😅

• Haha 1

I think if enough players complained about this, they would change it. Maybe we should all gather for a messaging session. I HATE this feature in the game. It really pisses me off because there is no true pattern for when it moves or where it moves to. Sometimes it moves completely out of the region I have selected which is like a million miles from me.

21 minutes ago, Gh0stRyder said:

I think if enough players complained about this, they would change it. Maybe we should all gather for a messaging session. I HATE this feature in the game. It really pisses me off because there is no true pattern for when it moves or where it moves to. Sometimes it moves completely out of the region I have selected which is like a million miles from me.

now we can only report to the link kean_1 posted above and wait and hope

1 hour ago, Glopez said:

Same here... or even worse they spawn you in New Austin on top of a cliff, and put my camp in Lemoyne.  And on a really bad day I'll be surrounded by pink blips at the same time. If I had one wish for the camp, it would be just to have the luxury of being spawned in the camp, like GTAO where they spawn you in your apartment if you want. 

On 1/31/2019 at 2:33 PM, Jimblob said:

Title says it all. When I place my camp I place it where I want it placed, then it gets moved for no reason, please stop doing that. STOP MOVING MY CAMP !!!!

I'm thinking the campsites work like the yachts did in in GTAO. My yacht was always in a new spot.  If you log into a server it will try and put you into the same spot as when you played last, including where your camp was. This changes though if someone is already in the server in that camp  location. There are limited fixed spaces, so it moves you to another, random location, which is super annoying.  Campsites, unlike properties, are different because they can be accessed by anyone, so we can't inhabit the same location. Properties can have multiple people using them at the same time. I'm hoping once they add properties that this will stop being an issue for us.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 1:39 AM, Kean_1 said:

Hi Jim,

First, welcome to the forums.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

As mentioned, this is a fan site and not affiliated with R* or T2.  However, R* has set up a site specifically for providing feedback regarding their beta.  You can find the site here:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

I would encourage you to submit your suggestions and complaints through that link if you are interested in trying to make a difference.  R* has already made changes and plans for change based on player input.

Cheers thanks for the link. I did'nt realise this was a fan site, it's certainly very professional looking well done.

39 minutes ago, Jimblob said:

Cheers thanks for the link. I did'nt realise this was a fan site, it's certainly very professional looking well done.

Well Jim, we hope you stick around to enjoy it. 

While RDR2.org is a fan site, it has a wealth of information and I think you'll find it's one of the more friendlier forums around.  ......a great community base.  We'd love to have you be part of that.  

• Thanks 1

Is there a glitch or bug happening with the camp system because it seems to be worse for a lot of people in terms of it moving more and further away. I have had mine move several times out of my region selection and it can be rather annoying when I am grinding. 

On 2/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, madfretter said:

I'm thinking the campsites work like the yachts did in in GTAO. My yacht was always in a new spot.  If you log into a server it will try and put you into the same spot as when you played last, including where your camp was. This changes though if someone is already in the server in that camp  location. There are limited fixed spaces, so it moves you to another, random location, which is super annoying.  Campsites, unlike properties, are different because they can be accessed by anyone, so we can't inhabit the same location. Properties can have multiple people using them at the same time. I'm hoping once they add properties that this will stop being an issue for us.

I believe you're right about this, but it still doesn't explain why your camp will sometimes move to a different location if you don't change lobbies.

Can't wait for properties to be introduced, it would be nice to have a fixed point in the game to call home. As it is, it's rare the time I go to my camp, I refuse to chase it down.

23 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

I believe you're right about this, but it still doesn't explain why your camp will sometimes move to a different location if you don't change lobbies.

Can't wait for properties to be introduced, it would be nice to have a fixed point in the game to call home. As it is, it's rare the time I go to my camp, I refuse to chase it down.

Yea, that part I'm just going to chalk up to beta and hope they add properties soon.lol

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 12:41 PM, peppino79 said:

"resume free rom where you left it" should be "resume free rom where the **** I want"  😅

I'm pretty sure it's because upon logging out he packs up your camp releasing the spot so it can be used. When you log back in he has to set it up again. And not always in the same spot if someone in that session is using it. So that's part of why it moves sometimes upon logging in.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2019 at 2:16 PM, madfretter said:

I would have to question this theory about it being like the yachts.  Only for the reason that I have traveled and fast traveled back and forth across the map.  Only to have Cripps move the camp to the otherside.  I never changed servers, so unless the game was doing this to everyone, I don't believe that all the players was switching their camp at the same time.

4 minutes ago, YodaMan 3D said:

I would have to question this theory about it being like the yachts.  Only for the reason that I have traveled and fast traveled back and forth across the map.  Only to have Cripps move the camp to the otherside.  I never changed servers, so unless the game was doing this to everyone, I don't believe that all the players was switching their camp at the same time.

Blame it on the rum. Cripps is a lush. Seriously though, with a map of this size, traveling across the map could be treated as leaving the session.