Oops...

The_Liquor

I just bought a pair of sawn offs... i was riding out of Rhodes, I pulled them out to blast at nothing in particular... and as I’m firing off four shots I notice it’s suddenly right at another guy riding into town at a gallop. He rode on by, so if I hit him at least I didn’t kill him. But oops. I swear I wasn’t trying to kill you LOL. I wonder how many griefers are actually just normal players that just made a goof up like that then went into defensive mode...

Edited by The_Liquor

5 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

I just bought a pair of sawn offs... i was riding out of Rhodes, I pulled them out to blast at nothing in particular... and as I’m firing off four shots I notice it’s suddenly right at another guy riding into town at a gallop. He rode on by, so if I hit him at least I didn’t kill him. But oops. I swear I wasn’t trying to kill you LOL. I wonder how many griefers are actually just normal players that just made a goof up like that then went into defensive mode...

Griefers don't just kill you once...they attempt to do it again and again and again. Their ultimate goal is to frustrate you to the point that you leave. 

• Like 1

Well, a lot of guys don’t give the griefertime to try and kill them again and go right into punish the griefer mode. And I know what my first thought would be if I was riding into the butcher  and some guy whips out a pair of shotguns and unloads them into me... but i wasn’t really being serious. More just sharing an embarrassing moment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

I do this all the time with the quick draw option, though it's usually my poor horse that gets it. I imagine this happens a  good bit between players, but  99% of the time it's not an accident, it's  a troll lol.

16 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

I once accidentally got into fist fight with a guy at the butcher when I was just trying to stand next to him in order to access the butcher myself. I won the fight and killed the guy. I felt bad. 

39 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

I've accidentally shot someone who coincidentally was trying to help me.  I let him kill me and said it was unintentional.  I also told him to loot the bodies and I left.  

I don't know if he heard me as he never spoke a word.

I will say however that if that were me in your scenario getting shot at, I likely would have immediately retaliated.  Just the fact that you didn't engage after the mistake should have been enough to show that guy that it was accident though.

After the update mistakes like that are going to cost you.  ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I've accidentally shot someone who coincidentally was trying to help me.  I let him kill me and said it was unintentional.  I also told him to loot the bodies and I left.  

I don't know if he heard me as he never spoke a word.

I will say however that if that were me in your scenario getting shot at, I likely would have immediately retaliated.  Just the fact that you didn't engage after the mistake should have been enough to show that guy that it was accident though.

After the update mistakes like that are going to cost you.  ;)

Yeah... I’ll have to take my virtual firearms safety more seriously.

4 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Yeah... I’ll have to take my virtual firearms safety more seriously.

It doesn't help that some other actions are tied to the same buttons.  I've punched horses, had misfires, etc. and still do.  

• Like 1

I rolled up to the butcher in Valentine packing a 3 star buck and several varying quality pelts. I started getting peppered by a varmint rifle from a nearby rooftop, but I think they realized I was accessing the butcher because he stopped and waited until I was finished as I had to hop in and out of the butcher storefront and I had to come down the street before he put me down. I spawned in again and went to an adjacent rooftop but he capped me again. I respawned and immediately crouched and snuck around to a balcony and nabbed him with a long distance headshot. We both messaged at the same time...

Me: Fistfight?

Him: Nice shot

He agreed to fistfight. We duked it out several times and then another random player rode in and shot us both lol, then my sparring partner got disconnected

Liquor I think this happens a lot, I know I've been guilty in the past, I'm sure I'm not the only one. I think sometimes we can assume more meaning behind behaviour than there actually is. Random players will play randomly...

A couple of weeks ago I was riding away from lagras not galloping but not trotting either. I came up to like a set of trees or something. 

This lad runs out right in front of me. Not at me. it was like he was chasing something or being chased. 

Anyway I knocked him down but didn't kill him. I turned around to emote wave as if to say sorry. But pressed right trigger by mistake. 

Pulled out my bow and arrow and killed him. 

I felt awful. 

• Haha 3

On 2/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, G IR U IB said:

A couple of weeks ago I was riding away from lagras not galloping but not trotting either. I came up to like a set of trees or something. 

This lad runs out right in front of me. Not at me. it was like he was chasing something or being chased. 

Anyway I knocked him down but didn't kill him. I turned around to emote wave as if to say sorry. But pressed right trigger by mistake. 

I felt awful. 

LOL! That is one of those stories that you can just picture in your mind. I would have loved to be you or the guy you shot in this scenario because you can't help but laugh at stuff like this. 

On 2/15/2019 at 4:41 PM, G IR U IB said:

I felt awful. 

My funniest experience was hunting and was in an area where bears spawn a lot.  So I was creeping along following a trail of a bear, all of a sudden a red dot appeared on my map right in front of me, nothing but trees and bushes.  So I aim and try to line up a clear shot.  I see something move, so I shoot.  Next thing I know some player comes running out of there without his hat as fast as he can.  While pondering why the character didn't appear as a pink dot, a bear attacks me from behind.  No red dot, no signs of aggression till I got attacked.  Figured at that point it had to be karma.  Attack a player hiding in the bushes while hunting and get attacked by a bear from behind.

I was doing a little hunting today and some fellow decided to come along for the ride. A flock of ducks fly by, so I start shooting them down with the varmit rifle... 3...4...5... then suddenly the auto aim snaps onto my hunting companion and I put one center of mass before I can stop the trigger pull... All I could say was Oops. We had a laugh then went on to steal some cattle.

4 hours ago, The_Liquor said:

I was doing a little hunting today and some fellow decided to come along for the ride. A flock of ducks fly by, so I start shooting them down with the varmit rifle... 3...4...5... then suddenly the auto aim snaps onto my hunting companion and I put one center of mass before I can stop the trigger pull... All I could say was Oops. We had a laugh then went on to steal some cattle.

Lol you gave him the ol’di*k Cheney... 

We all have misfires. The first week of beta release emoting at me usually got you killed, unintentionally of course 😉