Jump to content

UPDATE 4/9/19


Kean_1
 Share

Recommended Posts

PLUNDER SHOWDOWN MODE NOW AVAILABLE

fb190f7d4003e06b11f4ec6f51d173d4b6968d61

In the Red Dead Online Beta’s new Showdown Mode Plunder, frontier resources are in short supply - work with your team to fight through opposition and capture supplies from a central location to deliver it to your team’s base.

In addition to capturing loot from that central location, you can also use cunning to steal it from your opponent's base. But be careful - when holding you'll be visible to all other players. Keep your Health, Stamina and Dead Eye cores filled and use tonics to boost your tank to gold before making a run for packages and take advantage of team-based Dead Eye Ability cards like Focus Fire that lets your teammates cause a little more damage while your Dead Eye is active.

53b0d819d646f253296c239b7385b8f1a449abd6

Outfitters across the five states have received the latest shipments of clothing this week: 

  • Owanjila Hat
  • Porter Jacket
  • Concho Pants

And as added bonuses this week, access for all coats, holsters, boots & gloves otherwise up to Rank 40 will be available to all players - grab any of these styles until April 15th. For higher ranking players, the Turkoman, Missouri Fox Trotter and Arabian Horses are being lowered to Rank 40, while Volatile Dynamite, Incendiary Buckshot, Explosive Slug, Express Explosive, and Dynamite Arrow pamphlets are all lowered to Rank 60.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update...

My first thought...Oh great now every troll will be walking around with explosive bullets,  bullet proof hats, and drinking magic potions. 

That's definitely how the west was won

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Sounds like it's just this week.

I really.... really.... hope so. I felt so accomplished getting to the rank to use that. Now some rank 60 scrub will have them. Low ranks gonna become even more cocky and start sh*t.

Edited by Renascent
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm conflicted over this

Initially I had the same thought about: "Oh awesome *sarcasm*. Now even more people will have access sooner to high powered stuff to grief with rather than use in PvP."

Then I thought about those who've played intently all this time to naturally level up to these rewards and how absolutely sh***y it must feel to see everyone else get them easily.

Now I'm only level 36. It would be nothing to sit here all evening grinding out Plunder to hit rank 40 for those horses. Rank 60 could be achieved if I played every night this week. I won't deny the temptation is there. Granted I've felt less inclined to play these last few weeks.

I honestly feel this is a smart-but-di*k move by Rockstar who've noticed the playerbase is drifting to other games. This is them dangling the carrot, but at what cost?

Simple. Gold purchases. There's no way you can play normally to rank up and earn enough cash to collectively buy these items, be it horses, stalls, saddles, and pamphlets. The temptation has just jumped to throw in $20 or so to get some gold bars. And to boot, you're feeling a little tug to jump back online to take this "great opportunity" up. (at least I'm speaking for myself, but I refuse to buy gold)

I also feel like I'd rather wait for the satisfaction of achieving these at their normal rank requirements.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Moosh89 said:

I'm conflicted over this

Initially I had the same thought about: "Oh awesome *sarcasm*. Now even more people will have access sooner to high powered stuff to grief with rather than use in PvP."

Then I thought about those who've played intently all this time to naturally level up to these rewards and how absolutely sh***y it must feel to see everyone else get them easily.

Now I'm only level 36. It would be nothing to sit here all evening grinding out Plunder to hit rank 40 for those horses. Rank 60 could be achieved if I played every night this week. I won't deny the temptation is there. Granted I've felt less inclined to play these last few weeks.

I honestly feel this is a smart-but-di*k move by Rockstar who've noticed the playerbase is drifting to other games. This is them dangling the carrot, but at what cost?

Simple. Gold purchases. There's no way you can play normally to rank up and earn enough cash to collectively buy these items, be it horses, stalls, saddles, and pamphlets. The temptation has just jumped to throw in $20 or so to get some gold bars. And to boot, you're feeling a little tug to jump back online to take this "great opportunity" up. (at least I'm speaking for myself, but I refuse to buy gold)

I also feel like I'd rather wait for the satisfaction of achieving these at their normal rank requirements.

It's low key but not quite outright pay to win. Because people who suck at the game crying that they can't just swipe a card and have everything.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Money money money must be funny in a rockstars woooooooorld... what do i get at lvl298 ? A brain scan or a month in the mental institution i hope. I never wanna hear the Word BETA again, dont wanna se Another animal as long as i live, exterminate all fishes from the sea and give all the griefing kids a hug and say its all gonna be ok, you just need to have some faith, rockstar just need a little more of your Daddys money 🤪

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just made rank 82 so right in the neighbourhood for the pamphlets I was really looking forward to getting and now anyone at rank 60 can get them? Seriously R*? Way to piss off the most loyal portion of your player-base. Why not just introduce the Oppressor to Red Dead already and be done with it so I know not to waste any more of my time?

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Born Homicidal said:

Wow any news of when the update... I mean the real update is going to hit?

No probably not in april, om guessing the next batch of dripfeeding starts may/june

Edited by Zampen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Renascent said:

I really.... really.... hope so. I felt so accomplished getting to the rank to use that. Now some rank 60 scrub will have them. Low ranks gonna become even more cocky and start sh*t.

They still have to get all the animal fat...so there is that. Still very disappointing they did that. Maybe sell them at a huge discount but to drop it 30+ levels is weak sauce. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

They still have to get all the animal fat...so there is that. 

That's fur sure ! Hey fellers I feel all your pain and then some as a lot of us have grinded since the online released. Hitting 90 was a major undertaking.  Its a huge kick in the marbles to see folk get that stuff at 60. Saddle up folks ! Mayhem is at hand ! Now get out there and give these russtlers hell ! Lol 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chris Arbaugh said:

That's fur sure ! Hey fellers I feel all your pain and then some as a lot of us have grinded since the online released. Hitting 90 was a major undertaking.  Its a huge kick in the marbles to see folk get that stuff at 60. Saddle up folks ! Mayhem is at hand ! Now get out there and give these russtlers hell ! Lol 

Exactly. I busted my ass to get high enough to get a top horse and those pamphlets. Feels like a straight shot to the balls. Guess this is their way of trying to bring players back for a week before we enter a content drought. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, this makes me very happy!!!

The only two things I have wanted to get were a Turk and a Trotter, but I just hit level 41, so to me those were way out of reach, until this morning!!!

Psyched.

It does seem a litle much to drop the levels so far especially after all the level grinding Ive been doing, but meh, Im not too worried, the only folks that wont benefit from these things are people who are above level 90 and have been playing for a while and I would expect that they already have explosive ammo.

As far as horses, I was able to get the Thoroughbred, Arabian and Shore all before level 40 and the thoroughbred anyway is great, I know a trotter is supposed to be a little better but not so much that it is giving players an advantage or anything.

13 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Exactly. I busted my ass to get high enough to get a top horse and those pamphlets. Feels like a straight shot to the balls. Guess this is their way of trying to bring players back for a week before we enter a content drought. 

Well more and more I keep hearing from players how they were able to use this exploit and that, and cougar duplication and cop killing, and etc.... to get them to to higher levels fast, so.... if they stopped all those ways and means and a bunch of people were able to level up quickly using those techniques and now players can not, this may be to help balance that fact and give incentive to those newer players who have to go a much slower harder route to get there.

Now I am sure there is someone who got all the way to explosive ammo pamphlets the old fashion way hunting, and doing missions, grinding with a posse etc.. But I havent talked to any in game, the people I met love to tell me about their favorite exploit that "used to be available" and now that they are gone, now people dont have shortcuts to level up, especially players grinding alone out there.

Im excited about the horses, Ive been thinking, damn I have a long way to go to get the Trotter, loving this update.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, lumper said:

Well, this makes me very happy!!!

The only two things I have wanted to get were a Turk and a Trotter, but I just hit level 41, so to me those were way out of reach, until this morning!!!

Psyched.

It does seem a litle much to drop the levels so far especially after all the level grinding Ive been doing, but meh, Im not too worried, the only folks that wont benefit from these things are people who are above level 90 and have been playing for a while and I would expect that they already have explosive ammo.

As far as horses, I was able to get the Thoroughbred, Arabian and Shore all before level 40 and the thoroughbred anyway is great, I know a trotter is supposed to be a little better but not so much that it is giving players an advantage or anything.

Well more and more I keep hearing from players how they were able to use this exploit and that, and cougar duplication and cop killing, and etc.... to get them to to higher levels fast, so.... if they stopped all those ways and means and a bunch of people were able to level up quickly using those techniques and now players can not, this may be to help balance that fact and give incentive to those newer players who have to go a much slower harder route to get there.

Now I am sure there is someone who got all the way to explosive ammo pamphlets the old fashion way hunting, and doing missions, grinding with a posse etc.. But I havent talked to any in game, the people I met love to tell me about their favorite exploit that "used to be available" and now that they are gone, now people dont have shortcuts to level up, especially players grinding alone out there.

Im excited about the horses, Ive been thinking, damn I have a long way to go to get the Trotter, loving this update.

 

Wait ..what in the blue hell are you talking about? Joking..kinda. What players are you talking to? Tons of players got to high levels the legit way. I am one of them. Don't make blanket untrue statements. Seems very judgmental and kinda foolish. Tons of peoples level up in this game without being a lame ass. You must play with people like that. I'm sorry. And you can grind solo or in a posse. Not very hard. If you hate Free Roam, just grind Showdown. Solo players can still level up as fast as posses. Not that hard. I only run with a posse when I want to, not because I have to. I actually prefer running missions solo at times. Sometimes I just need quite. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, CosmoKramer said:

Just made rank 82 so right in the neighbourhood for the pamphlets I was really looking forward to getting and now anyone at rank 60 can get them? Seriously R*? Way to piss off the most loyal portion of your player-base. Why not just introduce the Oppressor to Red Dead already and be done with it so I know not to waste any more of my time?

 

Ive read of few of these comments now, I see it  both ways I am grinding the old fashioned way, all alone, and no exploits, and yeah it stinks a little to think of players being able to gain access to things I have worked so had for, but then I remember that many players over level 90 got their with exploits, and shenanigans.

Not all but definitely many, and so whats the difference? If I have to grind out all alone, one level at a time with no exploits, and I am playing against players who were able to level up much much faster do to techniques no longer available, then isnt that the same thing?

Either way, Im glad to see something happen today, we do need a player base fella's and if this will bring some people back or new people in then I say do it!!

Its only a week, its not forever.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, lumper said:

Now I am sure there is someone who got all the way to explosive ammo pamphlets the old fashion way hunting, and doing missions, grinding with a posse etc.

Yeah, me. And probably the vast majority of high ranking players that you haven’t met. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Exactly. I busted my ass to get high enough to get a top horse and those pamphlets. Feels like a straight shot to the balls. Guess this is their way of trying to bring players back for a week before we enter a content drought. 

100% bro !!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Wait ..what in the blue hell are you talking about? Joking..kinda. What players are you talking to? Tons of players got to high levels the legit way. I am one of them. Don't make blanket untrue statements. Tons of peoples level up in this game without being a lame ass. You most player with people like that. I'm sorry. And you can grind solo or in a posse. Not very hard. If you hate Free Roam, just grind Showdown. Solo players can still level up as fast as posses. Not that hard. I only run with a posse when I want to, not because I have to. 

Just callin it as I see it man.

Im a noob, a level 41 noob.

Ive been grinding alone everyday.

I keep running into players while Im out there hunting, fishing, running missions, etc.. and the ones who dont shoot me then quit, end up chatting a bit I have learned it is better to be pro active and get out in front of these people sometimes, and just saying hello can defuse a potential situation.

Lately after meeting new players who are very high levels, they tell me how "it used to be"

How great it was when.....

and Im over here like, yeah good for you but it doesnt help me, at all.

So it just made me think, this is similar in that people are going to be upset over this and others are going to take full advantage of it,

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...