5/21/19 UPDATE

Kean_1

INTRODUCING FREE ROAM MISSIONS FROM BLACK BELLE, SADIE & JAKE ADLERPLUS NEW SKIRT, BOOTS AND VEST, PS4 EARLY ACCESS CONTENT AND MORE

520e313a6b54c65a90803b6da6e01b1594d0f157

872edf482dd039ea1d1d0aab002e0efebeb8ead9

Last week, we added the first of many new Free Roam Missions, with new mission types and some new characters to meet along the way. This week, two fan favorites from the Red Dead Redemption 2 story join the cast of characters in the market for a helping hand in the world of Red Dead Online.

91c737dfeb0f20d7320b35f2cd6ef2136df16807

Ride out to the Adler Ranch in Ambarino or search out the infamous gunslinger Black Belle in Lemoyne for new Free Roam Missions to play in Red Dead Online for both PS4 and Xbox One.

0bc5135591259db66cfcaad5bf481b8d150351a5

d1055ecd0a27faa66db9d80078aee25a4849e908

This week's updates also include new Early Access content for players on PlayStation 4 including the devastating Ancient Tomahawk along with a new Make It Count: Ancient Tomahawk Showdown Mode. There's also Last Stand, a bloody free-for-all Showdown Mode with no way out, no second chances and one winner. PlayStation 4 players will also get early access to the new Perlino Andalusian Horse and new horse equipment, clothing and emotes. For more details, visit the PlayStation Blog.

cebf8ecf15bab9cb2572cb9304f7b457b6ceb45b

fb702e3098ef30aab9a80d8e7b651ed545fc9f80

The Clothing section of the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue has new options on offer, including the Wescott Skirt, Valdez Vest, Citadel Boots, and limited stock of the Plaid Cap.

775bd4ff027198784f260196bb8a5e410bf1c21c

In addition to 25% RDO$ and Gold increased payouts for all A Land of Opportunities Missions, Free Roam Missions, Showdown Modes, Races and Free Roam Events – playing in a Posse this week at any point will earn you 5 bonus Gold Bars. There are a number of benefits to playing in a Posse beyond this week’s 5 bonus Gold Bars, including bonus RDO$ and XP when playing together, and the ability to bring an entire Posse into Free Roam Events, Competitive Challenges, or Showdown Series.

da90133c0e518d00a6de4cb9833d3a2d3fbd4a9a

We continue to work behind the scenes to address overall game stability and performance with recent fixes including closing some duplication exploits, resolving issues related to reduced numbers of animals in sessions, updating Defensive mode to revert Playing Style to Offensive and apply a Hostility penalty when stealing cargo from another player’s horse and more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

Well, I tried the tomahawk game, not my cup of tea... I need to ‘git gud’. But the other death match is hands down my favourite so far. Last man standing with shrinking map, you get your own weapons, multiple elimination rounds with the first too two wins taking it. Even if you suck (like me) it’s pretty painless. I even managed a few wins in some of the  tight maps like the cemetery and the mines (dual LeMat Shines here).

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

Well, I tried the tomahawk game, not my cup of tea... I need to ‘git gud’. But the other death match is hands down my favourite so far. Last man standing with shrinking map, you get your own weapons, multiple elimination rounds with the first too two wins taking it. Even if you suck (like me) it’s pretty painless. I even managed a few wins in some of the  tight maps like the cemetery and the mines (dual LeMat Shines here).

Don't like any of the death match games. They are designed to appeal to the Fortnite crowd and I despise Fortnite.

• Like 4

Well, not only have I never played fortnight, I haven’t even seen a video of fortnight played. Not on my radar in the slightest. But, death match has been a staple for decades. Some I like, some I don’t. This mode I like.

Okay, so I went into the clothing store at Blackwater and St. Denis and opened the catalogue and to my delight there were free spurs, jackets and hats. ;))  Not sure if this was because I bought the pre release or because I am am a PSN customer, either way it doesn't matter, its free :)

There seems to be an exploit in Blackwater, just noticed it today when I was online. Some player dumped a bunch of cougar carcasses outside the stable then entered and came out with another one on their horse. They repeated this for about 10 minutes, other players were scooping them up and heading to the butcher. Has anybody else seen this?

21 minutes ago, Redstaski said:

There seems to be an exploit in Blackwater, just noticed it today when I was online. Some player dumped a bunch of cougar carcasses outside the stable then entered and came out with another one on their horse. They repeated this for about 10 minutes, other players were scooping them up and heading to the butcher. Has anybody else seen this?

Yes, I'd report the people using this exploit. I saw a video on it earlier today and it makes me a bit cranky lol

• Like 1

It's been a week since the major Red Dead Online update which ended the beta phase was released.

While that update added a wealth of new content, it came with a few quirks of its own - though the dead horse glitch has been fixed since. Today's update expands on the groundwork laid last week, bringing new free roam missions from characters you'll recognize, among other things.

The main addition in this update is the pair of new free roam mission initiators in Red Dead Online.

Both characters that players have encountered in Red Dead Redemption 2, while playing as Arthur Morgan, they provide the multiplayer mode with more narrative content. Black Belle, a legendary gunslinger resides Lemoyne, while Sadie & Jake Adler live in their Ranch in Ambarino. Both are ready to provide Red Dead Online characters with new tasks.

blackbelle-800x450.jpg

Continuing the timed exclusive content that occasionally appears on PlayStation 4 30 days prior to Xbox One, two new items and a pair of showdown modes are available today. The Ancient Tomahawk is a traditional Native weapon, and stars in one of the new modes, Make It Count: Ancient Tomahawk Mode. The other new game mode is Last Stand, which is a typical no respawn FFA deathmatch. Finally, PS4 players can purchase the Perlino Andalusian Horse.

earlyaccess-800x450.jpg

The game has received an infusion of new clothing items, three of which are permanent additions. These are the Wescott Skirt, Valdez Vest and Citadel Boots, while the Plaid Cap is a limited issue item that will soon disappear from the in-game store.

Rockstar is also keen on motivating players to take a dive into the new content available in Red Dead Online. All missions and activities pay out 25% more gold and RDO$ this week, and all players who join a posse for any period of time during this week will be eligible for a free bonus of five Gold Bars.

may21clothes-800x450.jpg

Also included are fixes to some of the bugs that were introduced in the previous update. We mentioned the dead horse bug above, but issues related to item duplication exploits and Player Status features have also been resolved. We've yet to hear about a fix for the crashing issue though.

The post New Free Roam Missions Added To Red Dead Online appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I record some of my online play in RDR2 on Twitch. Fortunately, I have the  glitch  and the feeding frenzy saved in video format. I will make it available to Rockstar and anyone else who wants to see it.  What I don't have is the names of players other than myself that were in the session.

Cougar Glitch  on Twitch

This is how they do the glitch:

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/100-solo-red-dead-2-online-fast-n-easy-carcass-duplication-glitch.1766465/

Edited by Redstaski
changed url, added text

• Kean_1 changed the title to 5/21/19 UPDATE

Well, the 1.10 notes have been posted on their Support page but the funny thin is, it doesn't include that were initially mentioned.  Usually these update notes will include everything mentioned and all of the details about bugs that were addressed, etc.

Well, anyway, here it is for what it's worth.....

RDR2 Title Update 1.10 Notes (PS4 / Xbox One)

[May 28, 2019] New Content – PS4 & XB1

• A new Free Mode Event has been added to Red Dead Online:
    • Wild Animal Kills Challenge
      • Pit yourself against other sportsmen in a Free Roam hunting challenge with weapons and offensive attacks against other players disabled.
  • A new Showdown Mode has been added to Red Dead Online, available from Rank 1:
    • Head for the Hills
      • Teams take turns making a last-ditch run across no-man’s-land to a safe house, while opponents have only one objective: to hunt them down.
  • New clothing items have been added to the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalogue:
    • Flora Corseted Chemise (Female only)
    • Paddon Shirt (Male only)
  • New time-limited clothing items have been added to the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Catalogue:
    • Plaid Cap
    • Racoon Hat
    • Shaffer Chaps
  • A new emote has been added to Red Dead Online:
    • How Dare You