Jump to content

GTA V Discussion Thread


RON
 Share

Recommended Posts

I hope this is okay do since I didn't see an actual GTA V thread in this section (nor remember ever seeing one?) I thought a general GTA V thread could be useful for people who still play.

My friend ended up getting it for me for PC (Christmas gift) since it was on a good sale so I started playing online as of last night. I was shocked that modders weren't a bigger issue but it has only been one evening of playing. Not sure if I will do the story or not. Mainly just playing the game online with him and his crew.

Anyone else still playing the game on here be it PC or console?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I still play it. Always in Invite Only lobbies (unless I have to make a Nightclub sale). I have basically everything but I still enjoy it. I just love Los Santos (especially at night, it's so pretty) and driving around is my favorite thing to do, which is why "Sightseer" is my favorite mission. I also love the Casino Penthouse, although I still get lost in mine. lol

I also did a re-play of the single player version recently and I enjoyed it a lot all over again. It's such a well-made game and it still holds up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrPicard said:

Yeah, I still play it. Always in Invite Only lobbies (unless I have to make a Nightclub sale). 

I use the the MTU setting on my PS4 to force myself into a public session without other players and that is where I do all of my business missions and such that I would otherwise have to do with all the griefers.

I don't play GTAO in open sessions with other players. Either private, invite only or public with just me or a couple other randoms in a session. It's funny, when I force the MTU settings sometimes randoms will get thrown in but they usually are all just doing the same thing so we all leave each other alone.  ......but if the population begins to increase, I create a new session.  Typically I'm by myself though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My interest comes and goes. It is hard to find a decent lobby without modders in it, at least in my experience. Sometimes they keep to themselves but other times they screw with everyone in the lobby and it puts me off from playing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not as much as I used to. It was a real bummer for me when they stopped making new vehicles and weapons available in Story Mode, especially as some of the best new cars came after that (the Dominator GTX, Ellie, and Imperator, for example). A lot of people can't seem to comprehend this, but it was fun having these new toys to play with and not have to grind missions or buy shark cards to afford them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, Kean_1 said:

I use the the MTU setting on my PS4 to force myself into a public session without other players and that is where I do all of my business missions and such that I would otherwise have to do with all the griefers.

I don't play GTAO in open sessions with other players. Either private, invite only or public with just me or a couple other randoms in a session. It's funny, when I force the MTU settings sometimes randoms will get thrown in but they usually are all just doing the same thing so we all leave each other alone.  ......but if the population begins to increase, I create a new session.  Typically I'm by myself though.

I never make a sale in a session that has more than 5 players either. I just keep switching them until I either end up in one on my own or with maybe three or four other players. And I also make sure to play at a time when there aren't many other people playing. Anything else... nah, thanks indeed! The game has WAY too many griefers. If I couldn't play in Invite Only sessions I'd have stopped playing a long, long time ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MrPicard said:

I never make a sale in a session that has more than 5 players either. I just keep switching them until I either end up in one on my own or with maybe three or four other players. And I also make sure to play at a time when there aren't many other people playing. Anything else... nah, thanks indeed! The game has WAY too many griefers. If I couldn't play in Invite Only sessions I'd have stopped playing a long, long time ago.

Yeah, I wouldn't be playing either if I couldn't use the MTU trick. I don't play with randoms beyond these forced private sessions or my invite-only session with friends to play missions, heists, etc.

Even with the MTU setting I still have other join about 10-20 % of the time but they either leave or just do their own thing as they seem to be using the same setting to accomplish the same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I do play, which is not as often these days, I will hop in and out of lobbies until I find one with less than 6 people. That is the only way I can do the lobby missions without being blown up by someone on one of them flying bikes or an attack jet.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since there are other people still playing I will ask here instead of making a new thread...

You know the Casino penthouses? Are those worth buying? I was going to get one but decided to get a new car instead but now I am wondering if maybe I should have gotten a penthouse. Do they do anything special? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CrabApples said:

Since there are other people still playing I will ask here instead of making a new thread...

You know the Casino penthouses? Are those worth buying? I was going to get one but decided to get a new car instead but now I am wondering if maybe I should have gotten a penthouse. Do they do anything special? 

Is it worth it?  I received the penthouse for free back when the Casino opened.  ....I forgot what that promotion entailed.

For me, this is where I start out now when I join online.  I exit to the casio floor and spin the wheel.  ......I already won 1 free car doing that, cash, etc.  I then visit the teller nearby and collect my daily visitor bonus of 1,000 chips.  I end up cashing those in when I get a bunch of them.

It's also convenient if you're going to be doing Casino missions.  For me, I think it would still be worth it simply as another spawn point depending on what I would be doing over a given period of time.  I also have beds at various other businesses of mine including my apartment which I have visited in a very long time.  The Casino has essentially been my HQ since it was introduced to the game.  .....but that's just me.

If you find yourself going there very often for various reasons and/or find the location convenient, it may be worth it to you too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't spend enough time in my owned spaces to buy something like that.

They have a Prime deal, might only be for PC users (likely is) where you get the arcade for free. I gotta remember to do that.

I been playing on and off since it went on sale in December. I think I am level 47 but I am kind of stuck. Can't find anyone that wants to do heists in any lobbies and I am broke. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I don't spend enough time in my owned spaces to buy something like that.

They have a Prime deal, might only be for PC users (likely is) where you get the arcade for free. I gotta remember to do that.

I been playing on and off since it went on sale in December. I think I am level 47 but I am kind of stuck. Can't find anyone that wants to do heists in any lobbies and I am broke. lol

If you were on PS4, I'd offer to hook up and do some missions, heists, business stuff, etc.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

If you were on PS4, I'd offer to hook up and do some missions, heists, business stuff, etc.  

I feel like I would be enjoying the game more on console, honestly. Seems like people on PC have their own groups they stick with. When I do manage to get people to join to do missions, heists, and such they either back out right before it is about to start or they leave in the middle of it. So annoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I feel like I would be enjoying the game more on console, honestly. Seems like people on PC have their own groups they stick with. When I do manage to get people to join to do missions, heists, and such they either back out right before it is about to start or they leave in the middle of it. So annoying.

Dealing with randoms is mostly a royal pain in the ass whether its GTAO or RDO.  .....I simply refuse to.  Luckily I have a couple friends that play both so I usually hav someone to join.  .....but it would cool to help someone in your position and breathe some life back into the game for both of us.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2020 at 7:59 PM, shiverz said:

What is the deal with money drops? Do people get banned for those cause I am always hearing about it happening in GTA V on PC now. 

Nah Rockstar doesn't care anymore. I see it happening from time to time. Sometimes I get randomly TP'd into a group of people doing it. 

The way money works is effectively like giving someone a cut of your business earnings. I don't think they can track and ban people for it even if they wanted to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2020 at 11:42 PM, KoiiBoii said:

Nah Rockstar doesn't care anymore. I see it happening from time to time. Sometimes I get randomly TP'd into a group of people doing it. 

The way money works is effectively like giving someone a cut of your business earnings. I don't think they can track and ban people for it even if they wanted to.

Good to know... 

If I happen to be on a server and see some bags, I will just pick them up next time. I mean if nothing is going to come from it, why not? lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.videogamer.com/news/gta-6-development-apparently-confirmed-in-rockstar-games-tax-returns

Interesting. Could the "culturally British" bit hint that it's set in the UK? Personally, nothing against anyone from the UK, I rather hope not because I just can't imagine a GTA game set anywhere but in America.

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, MadMatt said:

I thought they were making another Bully game or is the next GTA set to come out after that? Either way, they did GTA London (lol) already so eh. I would rather they do the next Bully game in the UK, not GTA.

The Bully 2 rumors seem to be just rumors, from what I've seen.

Edited by Parzival
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Parzival said:

The Bully 2 rumors seem to be just rumors, from what I've seen.

Thank God.

I didn't need another Bully game. I want a new GTA game myself. So long as they go the online end better this time around. The story was a lot of fun in V.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know if they will end up making another Bully or not. For the time, Bully was okay but honestly it was boring after awhile. I don't think they can get away with doing something like that game today unless they focused on college students and that would be boring regardless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SageNinja said:

I don't think they can get away with doing something like that game today unless they focused on college students and that would be boring regardless. 

Especially if they have to leave out the booze-fueled orgies.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Parzival said:

Especially if they have to leave out the booze-fueled orgies.

Oh lord, I completely forgot about that! LOL I only played the game once and it was so long ago I forgotten a lot about it. Yeah, that won't fly today. Too many PC police will be gunning for Rockstar's heads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2020 at 3:37 PM, Parzival said:

https://www.videogamer.com/news/gta-6-development-apparently-confirmed-in-rockstar-games-tax-returns

Interesting. Could the "culturally British" bit hint that it's set in the UK? Personally, nothing against anyone from the UK, I rather hope not because I just can't imagine a GTA game set anywhere but in America.

How long did it take for them to make the last one? Like 4 years in total?

If they are making one, it probably won't be released until like 2023 at the earliest. Also, I want the game to be set in America. What city have they not done yet that would be good?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Coyote said:

How long did it take for them to make the last one? Like 4 years in total?

If they are making one, it probably won't be released until like 2023 at the earliest. Also, I want the game to be set in America. What city have they not done yet that would be good?

I'm not readily sure about how long GTA V took to develop.

I'm divided on this. A new city wouldn't be bad, but I also like the idea of delving more into North Yankton and eagerly await a return to Vice City.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, redscrew said:

Whatever they decide to do, I am sure the map will be even bigger and there will be more to do and see. They seem to keep true to always expanding the game which is a good thing.

It will still end up inferior to RDR2 is many ways, especially with how "alive" it is. GTA5 was the same in comparison to RDR1. Where you would continually have random ambushes by bandits, happening upon stagecoaches or wagons being robbed, people running up to you asking you to help their wife or brother who's about to be hanged by bandits, or shootouts between bandits and treasure hunters, all of GTA5's random events were one-off happenings except the same cut-and-paste muggings and armored car robberies.

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...