February 26th Update concerns & discussion

Makaveli

20 minutes ago, tadp0le said:

Yeah there is only the 2/26 update announcement. Is there DLC confirmed for this? I don't remember reading anything about it. I don't think they will hit heavy with some good DLC until the beta testing is done.

I think he just means the update.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60864/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update-Out-Now?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rdobeta-update-02262019&utm_content=newswire

Its all here! Note this! (Really really good news) 

Stay tuned each week for new content, bonuses, limited time clothing and more coming in and out of the Red Dead Online Beta and keep an eye out for more updates as we continue improving and growing the world of Red Dead Online.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nomad said:

sucks.

That is infact the right Word to use in this case.. Cause yeah, it does!

- IF you bump, kill, or make ANY mistake during riding, or kill a griefer, you get a Bounty and you need to pay... with MONEY, that is so hard to earn in a game where they cut the reward for the hutning you do!

- We wanted R* to make a system against aggresive players.. And what do they do? - They add daily challenges where you need to kill other players.. Proves they imbrace the ape sh*t it will cause.. 

- Emotes cost, a crazy ass amount of Money... that is lame!

- Most of the new clothes you cant even get cause of a "Coming soon"..  That includes a Daily challenge where you need the new rifle.. But... You cant buy it yet.. 🙄

So, they have teased an update coming TODAY, that doesent even have what they teased over the last month!

Are they trolling their own product? - Do they even care? 

PS: (Dont wear your bandana in Towns... You get a Bounty...)

Edited by McLawDiz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, madfretter said:

Just to keep it all neat and tidy like. Let the jaw flappin commence!

Perhaps also in the spirit of trying to help keep things constructive, I will include the link once again for folks to submit either a trouble ticket and / or their feedback to R* regarding their problems, concerns, etc.:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=f2e50892

• Thanks 1

They have ruined the fun, feels like a singel player game without content. And stranger missions are still not working for me so there is little to do. Not impressed with rs so Its a step backwards for me personal because griefing was never the problem 4 me but i hope that it helps the players that does

Edited by Zampen

Ok I'll ask some questions.

I guess blue is an honest player and dark red is the serious griefer? What the heck is purple.  Posse leader.

IDK blue dudes where following me around like flies on honey,(ie. Baiting me) so I killed one 4 times, because he aimed pistols at me and turned red, and shot another in the head just because he was annoying me.  The fued button didn't work either time.

Now I got a bounty of $25 in tumbleweed and $3 in amirrillo (or however you spell it)

edit... never mind, you got to pay the bounty to collect your goods

And I'm writing R*.  Not liking the barren wasteland and this following me around stuff.  

Now they just trying to bate you into a fight.

Edited by Dissention

Haven't really gotten too much time in the new update yet but first impressions:

- I too was concerned with a few of the daily challenges of killing PLAYERS was a huge slap in the face of those who wanted anti-griefing measures - but I'm thinking that these challenges could be done in PVP competitive modes. Although, getting player kills from a moving train definitely sounds like a free roam task...

- The new clothing is really cool BUT the majority of the colour variations are a huge eyesore, a lot of vibrancy in the more outlandish colours which in my opinion detracts way too much visually from the game, especially one set in 1898. Give these colours a good toning down and it will be fine. Currently it looks like the devs took the assets into MS Paint and went crazy with the paint bucket tool... gehhh!

- The new emotes are welcomed, although I feel some are slightly over-the-top, mostly "Point and Laugh". Maybe make the emote less comical to see and more of a natural laugh. I've seen almost the exact emote in many other games and it doesn't look like it has gotten any better. I haven't tried competitive modes yet but it would be cool to use one of your equipped/favoured emotes by command at the end of a match if you're the top player (Maybe you can?)

- One of my daily challenges is "Kill 2 Seagulls"... Sounds easy, I went to Blackwater dock because you can always hear them screeching. I spent over an hour real time there and heard them non-stop, but only saw ONE (*If it even was a seagull) which flew too directly over me to where I couldn't aim at it, and into the sun and disappeared. I was spamming Eagle Eye the entire time. I thought I got lucky when I finally spotted some birds, but I killed one and alas, it was not a seagull...

- Another daily challenge I had was to change my hairstyle once... Easy! I went to the barber and realized how terrible it was... I am particular about my hair being close to how I normally wear it in real life, either a ponytail or braid - but the ponytails and braids look like they've been styled by your horse, even the "Fine" variants and changing your hairstyle is around $20. Luckily I felt settled on a second style than the one I walked in with, but it definitely hurt to drop $20 when I couldn't help but wish that you could simply get your hair tamed into the same style for a reduced cost, similar to how it works in Singleplayer where you can fix your hair if it becomes deshevelled after a fist fight or fall from your horse.

1 hour ago, Dissention said:

Ok I'll ask some questions.

I guess blue is an honest player and dark red is the serious griefer? What the heck is purple.  Posse leader.

In my limited experience this afternoon, blue anything (4-point star: Player Posse Leader, Dot: Player Posse Member/Solo) are non-combative. I'm assuming by the description Rockstar gave earlier that the blips would increase in red as the player killed more that purple would be somebody falling off the "path of righteousness" toward evil (As blue mixed with red is purple) and red is a full on blood thirsty griefer.

@Moosh89.  Just wanted to say Thank you.  Yeah purple is the path to the dark side. Takes me a while but I figure it out

and Yes I will agree the new outfits look circa 1999.  The new cold weather outfit for my Cowgirl character is like $511 and partially neon green.  They can keep it and allot of this other stuff until I have nothing else I can buy.

I do like the changes to the free rooms. 

Thanks to those who answered my questions and to whoever runs this forum.  I appreciate it.  Sorry to bother you all but not a fan of reddit, discord and the other mediums.  I'll go back to sending feedback to R* now

4 hours ago, Zampen said:

They have ruined the fun, feels like a singel player game without content. And stranger missions are still not working for me so there is little to do. Not impressed with rs so Its a step backwards for me personal because griefing was never the problem 4 me but i hope that it helps the players that does

My only complaint with the game was the griefing. And I don't see anything (of yet) that was done to help alleviate that.

I was shot at and then trampled and shot at so far. I made the mistake of escaping on my horse in the first incident. I usually take the death, report the player, block the player, then send Rockstar his name in the feedback suggestion where I mention that I want official passive lobbies (or PvE servers).

The second time, my group of four spawned in each others' laps after finishing "Kill Them All..." We all whistled for our horses. I got distracted and by the time I looked up, one of my team mates knocked me over with his horse and was taking shots at me. Another player rammed his horse into my assailant's horse then shot and killed him. Before I could even emote some kind of thanks, he just rode  off.

Yes, new update, business as usual.

Regarding the Evans Repeater:

Evans Repeater not available for the Daily Challenge

Created February 26, 2019Updated February 26, 2019
FollowPrint

Question: Why can't I find the Evans Repeater required to complete the Daily Challenge of 'Kill 5 Players with the Evans Repeater'?

Answer: Some players may have seen a Daily Challenge relating to weapon that is not yet available: the Evans Repeater. This challenge has been replaced. For any players who still currently have the Evans Repeater Challenge, the issue will be fixed upon restarting your console tomorrow, when objectives refresh.

They nerfed the hell out of the prices of the most lucrative carcasses for hunting. The price of deer, buck and rabbit carcasses has been cut in half. Haven't been able to confirm the price of cougar or panther carcasses yet. The price of pelts appears to have not changed. Herons appear to only yield one plume per carcass now, but the price of plumes hasn't  changed. Don't know about spoonbills. This sucks big time. It was hard enough to grind out money. Now it will take twice as long!🤬

1 hour ago, nshanny73 said:

absolutely speechless that the game economy is worse off after the update... 13 gold bars for an effin' emote... what are you thinking rockstar??

dont get the emote then?

their has to be some things that are "glory items" that not everyone can have. what you want everyone to have access to everything. pass.

Edited by Steven Kreg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven Kreg said:

dont get the emote then?

their has to be some things that are "glory items" that not everyone can have. what you want everyone to have access to everything. pass.

Yeah, that sort of stuff I don't care if they lock behind Gold Bars.  Even clothing items and other misc. cosmetic items.  There are still plenty of other products that can be purchased for money as well.  

MTXs are the backbone of the GaaS model and what keep these types of games going.  As long as it's not a P2W system and I can still buy plenty of other items with in-game currency I can earn, I don't care if they make some items exclusive to those who purchase Gold Bars.  Hell, if someone wanted to (even given the grind), they could earn those too.  ....or wait for promotional events, etc.