So they added a KILL tax and Debt Collectors

HuDawg

I called it from the start.   Any sort of so called anti-griefing measures R* adds will be used against players who defend themselves.   And here we are...

As soon as I joined free roam, I was attacked by a large posse.  They where all under level 20 and where not that quick or good, so I easily defended myself and laid waste to this pack of low levels.  But they kept respawning and coming back at me.  So I kept defending myself.

30 mins later.. I have a $35 dollar bounty and all the newbies left the game.     And for the rest of the night I have to deal with so called bounty hunters spawning in trying to kill me and take $35 away from me.    

I'll admit, at 1st it was fun being wanted 'dead or alive'.    Friends of mine where cracking up as I sang "Waaanted Dead or Alive'... as bounty hunters kept coming for me.  But then it just became annoying.  Because they just keep coming for me, over and over again.

On top of that.. My blip is red.  So now players think im the 'bad guy' which prompts them to shoot 1st.    Which also ends with me defending myself and getting more of a bounty.

This isn't a Bounty system.. Its a kill tax with debt collectors.     And I ain't paying..     Instead I ended up upgrading a few ability cards, spent all my money till I had 1 cent left.  Then I let the debt collectors kill me  (and they only got 1 cent).

Guess that's the new way of playing to avoid this dumb ass new Bounty System (Kill Tax).   Just stay broke and live free.   Spend all the money ASAP and just use GOLD for purchasing items.  

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, madfretter said:

I feel as though the underpants have been pulled over our eyes.

You jest, but one of the most effective costumes I ever had included a pair of kids Underoos pulled over my head like a Luchador mask (with the leg holes over my eyes so I could see, and my nose sticking out of the flap in the front).  There's pictures somewhere, and if I ever decide to run for public office, I'd fear the release of those photos more than any other "scandal".

• Haha 1

Yup... what they described would try to do to tag pvp aggressors... versus what they did... is disconnected. They should NOT be charging people who are on the defending side of a fight or listing them for bounty.

It just incents no-investment low levels to screw with people for an hour or so, then log out for the night (or the next week, or forever).

The game has pretty good mechanics about knowing if you as a player or posse initiated aggression... even if you shoot PAST an enemy and don’t hit them. It has what they need for data fields and frameworks to figure this out. They need to fix this.

I am less concerned about people trying to stop missions. (Yes, it does seem much more frequent after the patch). But I consider that part of the game. I may have to posse up to do some of the missions, now.

I am much, much more concerned about penalties a player or posse gets for simply repelling aggression.

• Like 3

Now im up to $50..lol.

Have to admit.  Being broke and having a bounty isn't that bad, since now I have nothing to lose.     Riding past players who see my red blip and instantly take cover or run away is also pretty funny.

Theres bad man coming through folks..  :D

• Like 1

yeah they truly are trying to leech out money and push for gold bar purchases. Its so obvious...

They nerfed hunting, prices etc.. added no other means of making money in this update and even nerfed abilities that others have spent tons on (glad i didnt upgrade any because i knew some BS was gonna happen, in their defense though it is a "Beta"), even after not releasing clothing items and a gun they were saying was coming out yesterday lmao an unfinished product/update (aka a "BETA" update) 

although some features are actually a plus such as the blips, and map proximity where people arent so hostile or paranoid anymore, also there seem to be more NPC's and Wagons etc.. imo, I just hope they add in stealth mechanics where if you are crouched, not moving, out fo sight or even using silent weapons you don' pop up on the radar.

Edited by Born Homicidal
  • Like 2

I popped on this morning just to look at a couple of things. 

When I checked the map there were 4 dark red blips that was it. After a couple of seconds a 5th came on that was blue. I forgot what I was looking for and turned it off thinking that must have been exciting with just 4 in the lobby. 

I don't go out to kill other players and won't buy gold bars just because now and again someone will keep coming at me and I retaliate. 

I'll pay the bounty if I haven't got the money tough lol. 

If they continue to keep giving us players eyebrow height wedgies, people will stop playing. They better be careful with what they implement. I was on earlier today and didn't notice this happening but I also was avoiding other players. 

29 minutes ago, shawn said:

If they continue to keep giving us players eyebrow height wedgies, people will stop playing. They better be careful with what they implement. I was on earlier today and didn't notice this happening but I also was avoiding other players. 

But... It's a beta.*

*he said, sarcastically

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shawn said:

Some of us stopped long ago. I don't see anything to come back for either.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DLKnives said:

Some of us stopped long ago. I don't see anything to come back for either.

There is a lot R* needs to do still with online.

But... DUDE.. Online only launched... as BETA... 12 WEEKS ago. There *is* no “long ago.”

I understand attention spans are short these days, but DAY-um! 

• Like 1

How did they NERF  hunting? 5 biggies for every gator, 4 venison meat for deer... seems to me they buffed it. Also had venison in a stack of 12 at one point, so msybr increase in some stack sizes??Also seen more birds than ever before. Cant sell the meat quick enough. Made and spent 400 tonight.

Not been griefed at all since update. But probably wasn't r* best idea to send free explosive rounds out for giggles. Those will run out soon though. 

Meh. I'll continue seeing where it's going. Did wake up with a 65cent bounty on me....no idea where that came from. 

4 hours ago, Darkvicar said:

How did they NERF  hunting? 5 biggies for every gator, 4 venison meat for deer... seems to me they buffed it. Also had venison in a stack of 12 at one point, so msybr increase in some stack sizes??Also seen more birds than ever before. Cant sell the meat quick enough. Made and spent 400 tonight.

Not been griefed at all since update. But probably wasn't r* best idea to send free explosive rounds out for giggles. Those will run out soon though. 

Meh. I'll continue seeing where it's going. Did wake up with a 65cent bounty on me....no idea where that came from. 

The base prices for cougar carcasses were lowered among other big money animals like bucks, seems to match single player prices. Herons and spoonbills only give one feather regardless of quality. Those types of things, the stuff people were making bank on. And y'all act like hunting is the only way to make money. Story mission waiting it out while hunting still works. Posse up and do stranger missions, the dailies. Hunting isn't the only thing in this game.

I do think they need to rethink the fact that defending ourselves when someone is clearly bright red gives you a bounty. But I'm hopeful if we scream hard enough they'll change it, soon.

Edited by Renascent
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Renascent said:

I do think they need to rethink the fact that defending ourselves when someone is clearly bright red gives you a bounty. But I'm hopeful if we scream hard enough they'll change it, soon.

I think im done screaming ..  Just too much work.    They need to put someone in charge that knows what they are doing.  I could do a better job, without even trying.

So after spending a night with a bounty..   This what I've seen.

Bounty hunters killing players doesn't even remove the bounty.   (Swore it did, but nope).  They just kill players, leave, and come back again in 5-10 mins.

Bounty hunters spawn out of thin air.  Sometimes even spawn behind each other.  So ONE bounty hunter turns in to 5 in a few seconds.  Its as BAD as GTA O cops.  Like they are entering through a magical portal.

Bounty hunters can sometimes just magically spawn on top of players after finishing a mission.. right as you spawn back into free roam.

I must have killed over 300 bounty hunters last night in just a few hours.   I don't see the point of paying off the bounty, since i'll just end up getting another one.  

Like holy sh*t R*.  Just add damn private lobbies,  Leave Free Roam alone.  And add a FREE AIM!.    

Remove your stupid show down modes.  Add shoot outs and team shoot outs.   Then go play drip feed the clothing/items game to milk your player base.

Is R* hiring someone to run this sh*t show?  I'll do it for free.   Unless R* plan is to annoy all apsects of their player base 

Edited by HuDawg
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I think im done screaming ..  Just too much work.    They need to put someone in charge that knows what they are doing.  I could do a better job, without even trying.

So after spending a night with a bounty..   This what I've seen.

Bounty hunters killing players doesn't even remove the bounty.   (Swore it did, but nope).  They just kill players, leave, and come back again in 5-10 mins.

Bounty hunters spawn out of thin air.  Sometimes even spawn behind each other.  So ONE bounty hunter turns in to 5 in a few seconds.  Its as BAD as GTA O cops.  Like they are entering through a magical portal.

Bounty hunters can sometimes just magically spawn on top of players after finishing a mission.. right as you spawn back into free roam.

I must have killed over 300 bounty hunters last night in just a few hours.   I don't see the point of paying off the bounty, since i'll just end up getting another one.  

Like holy sh*t R*.  Just add damn private lobbies,  Leave Free Roam alone.  And add a FREE AIM!.    

Remove your stupid show down modes.  Add shoot outs and team shoot outs.   Then go play drip feed the clothing/items game to milk your player base.

Is R* hiring someone to run this sh*t show?  I'll do it for free.   Unless R* plan is to annoy all apsects of their player base 

I saw the bounty hunter thing actually force a mission to end just so it could start. Like it cancelled it out. And the dude who had the bounty was like okay lemme get rid of this. Cuz the leader was kinda irritated and would have kicked him if he didn't get rid of it.

And I only say scream cuz before I started online, I remember hearing the playerbase scream real hard at the prices of items and the low output of rewards from missions. And I think it got changed pretty fast, well fast for Rockstar.

Edited by Renascent
  • Like 2

I was worried this would happen ever since they described the bounty system and I've had the exact same experience as you since the update dropped, the only difference being that I don't wanna spend $7,000 just to avoid paying my bounty. Rockstar have made self defence a crime and are punishing players who defend themselves by taking their money away, I've lost £58 dollars to bounty hunters already.

Rockstar haven't added this bounty system to reduce the amount of griefing, they've added this bounty system to make it look like their trying to reduce the amount of griefing. Everybody knows that if Rockstar wanted to stop griefing all they'd have to do was add PVE Lobbies/Friendly Freeroams where players couldn't harm each other but Rockstar will never do that because griefers contribute towards their profits, I'd be willing to bet that a decent number of Shark Cards and Gold Bars have been bought by disgruntled players that didn't have enough in game cash to buy the weapons/vehicles they were being griefed by and therefore gave Rockstar more money in order to purchase said weapons/vehicles.

I found Red Dead Online a tad boring and stale before the update came out and I was hoping an update would revitalise the game and increase the player base but all it's done is ruin Freeroam and make hunting vastly less profitable. They still haven't fixed the stubble facial hair option or issues that cause the game to crash and they seem to have removed all loot from trains.

I had a red sash glitched onto an outfit that wasn't doing any harm but Rockstar deleted that so I was hoping they would've added some good clothing in return, they've added some decent clothing options but most of them seem to be marketed towards clowns judging by the brightness of the colours used.

image.png.576c8caba0da0e647642112c23e5b0b9.png  RIP Landon Ricketts, without the sash I just look like a tramp.

Red Dead Online was a good bit of fun before the update so it's a real shame they've started to tax players. I'm gonna quit playing until the next update or patch, if Rockstar had any decency they would fix this broken bounty system and give players their money back but unfortunately I don't see that happening.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

All I can think of is the scene in Blazing Saddles when Mongo rides into Rock Ridge on his Ox: 

I laughed so hard at that.. because its true.

On a side note.. I want a bull that has yes and no on its ass.

Edited by HuDawg
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Renascent said:

The base prices for cougar carcasses were lowered among other big money animals like bucks, seems to match single player prices. Herons and spoonbills only give one feather regardless of quality. Those types of things, the stuff people were making bank on. And y'all act like hunting is the only way to make money. Story mission waiting it out while hunting still works. Posse up and do stranger missions, the dailies. Hunting isn't the only thing in this game.

We went hunting last night in my favorite spot and there were plenty of birds, deer, little critters and even more exotic animals to be had.  I loaded up like I normally do and rode into town.  With meat, feathers, horns/antlers, pelts, whole carcasses and other bits my payout was what it normally is for that amount of time I spent in the field.  

To be honest, I find hunting just as lucrative as I did before.  What I really like is that I'm now being paid for pelt that I didn't used to get money for due to a bug.  I wasn't losing a lot but it all adds up.

7 hours ago, Renascent said:

If there is a way to do it that works well, I agree.

Personally, I don't have as much of a problem with the bounty system as some do.  I've had a posse member get killed by a low level player we crossed paths with (likely just scared).  I shot them with my shotgun riding up behind my team mate. Instant kill and a 20 cent bounty.  We simply rode on.  ....I paid the bounty at a later time when filling up with ammo at the post office.

Something else I found interesting is when I was riding the train through Saint Denis, I heard shooting and then a posse jumped on board with me.  They knew I was there but didn't approach.  They were being chased by lawmen / posses.  I don't know how many they killed (it was a lot) but they never turned dark red like continual murderers do.  

I dunno.....   Seems to me you have to do a lot to get a higher bounty on your head whether that's indiscriminately killing fellow players or vigorously defending yourself.  So far, I don't have a problem.  Also, griefers have almost been a non existent problem for us since the update so far.  ......which is great in my book.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I dunno.....   Seems to me you have to do a lot to get a higher bounty on your head whether that's indiscriminately killing fellow players or vigorously defending yourself.  So far, I don't have a problem.  Also, griefers have almost been a non existent problem for us since the update so far.  ......which is great in my book.

Defending yourself against a posse for 10-20 mins is can net you a $20-30 bounty fairly quickly.  This I know 1st hand.

It starts with one player in the posse.. The rest of the posse shows up.   And its turns into sh*t show.  Especially if they act like mindless lemmings who keep running and gunning at you.

They just keep spawning after you kill them.. keep coming right back.

12 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

We went hunting last night in my favorite spot and there were plenty of birds, deer, little critters and even more exotic animals to be had.  I loaded up like I normally do and rode into town.  With meat, feathers, horns/antlers, pelts, whole carcasses and other bits my payout was what it normally is for that amount of time I spent in the field.  

To be honest, I find hunting just as lucrative as I did before.  What I really like is that I'm now being paid for pelt that I didn't used to get money for due to a bug.  I wasn't losing a lot but it all adds up.

If there is a way to do it that works well, I agree.

Personally, I don't have as much of a problem with the bounty system as some do.  I've had a posse member get killed by a low level player we crossed paths with (likely just scared).  I shot them with my shotgun riding up behind my team mate. Instant kill and a 20 cent bounty.  We simply rode on.  ....I paid the bounty at a later time when filling up with ammo at the post office.

Something else I found interesting is when I was riding the train through Saint Denis, I heard shooting and then a posse jumped on board with me.  They knew I was there but didn't approach.  They were being chased by lawmen / posses.  I don't know how many they killed (it was a lot) but they never turned dark red like continual murderers do.  

For a couple of our members, it's usually defending ourselves real hard. Then it just wracked I'll for one of them by continually killing the bounty hunters and random npcs. He didn't want to pay it so now I'm sure he's dark red. Like mad said, natural deterrent. And yeah I haven't really had any problem with griefing since the update. Even a guy I killed a few times, we just rode by each other a few minutes later and nothing happened (stubborn dude kept dying but wouldn't parley, I was personally only killing him cuz he shot at me and there was the daily). 

Like I said before, people seem more friendly but that could change.

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Defending yourself against a posse for 10-20 mins is can net you a $20-30 bounty fairly quickly.  This I know 1st hand.

It starts with one player in the posse.. The rest of the posse shows up.   And its turns into sh*t show.  Especially if they act like mindless lemmings who keep running and gunning at you.

They just keep spawning after you kill them.. keep coming right back.

Exactly . I can't stop running into them. Then I am punished because a posse who can't shoot for crap keeps coming at me? The new system is a joke. I have tried to feud with so many posses, but none wants to accept. They rather keep shooting at my posse and feeding us kills/giving us high bounties. Next thing we know Dog the Bounty Hunter and his Merry Men show up.  Weak. I have had more people shoot at me since update than every before. Granted most suck and parley after I kill them once, but it is annoying. The update Tuesday was for two reasons. 1. Cut the balls off the economy by nerfing hunting because players with tons of cash will not buy Gold Bars.  2. Punish the player base for all the people who abused the St Denis Cop Ladder BS to level up. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

....well, you could parlay. I mean, there’s no reason to rack up a massive bounty just because some kid shot at you first. That being said, being shot at/killed should automatically make you exempt from accumulating bounties for actions taken against the shooter and his posse for something like 10 minutes or so...

• Like 3