Jump to content

What do you enjoy about the online game (how do you play) ?


Voss
 Share

Recommended Posts

Trying to figure out if R* is catering to what they know the audience to be or if they just can't figure out how to make the game fun.

What silo do you fall into?

1. Free Roamer: Play missions and intercept other missions (don't mind the occasional griefer) and grind when I need to stay alive (money and food)

2. Just want to explore and grind (kind of wish I had a private instance at times)

3. PVP and Free Roam events are my jam

4. Split my time pretty much doing some of all of the above.

5. GRIEFER!

I fall into #1 and I play with a small posse.

***Short answers preferred to keep post relevant ;) 

Edited by Voss
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess at this point, I'd fall under #1. I like doing the challenges, too. I would prefer to have more PvP in free roam...just not sure how that should be structured in order to account for the way other people want to play. I'm not a big fan of the way the current PvP game modes are set up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Free roam pvp and missions. Working together with friends/posse whether for missions or in pvp. Being ready to sit a mofo down if they try to mess with any of my people. Hunting, with a bow and knife. Running everywhere as fast as possible on my baby girl Lucy (foxtrotter). Play fighting within the posse, honing our "skills" and staying sharp (we're almost constantly hog-tying or killing each other).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All of the above except the part where it involves griefing others or being griefed.  ......and no, I don't consider it "griefing" during missions, assassinations or even random encounters gone bad.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would classify myself as #4. PVP is basically to break up the monotony of hunting/fishing, make a few $ quickly, and see how good or bad I am against peers, and nothing like the thrill of victory (or agony of defeat)

First couple of months I just farmed...hunted/fish for $'s.  Now depends on mood.

As far as posse I don't want to join one yet.   I was leader/officer at other games for 4+ years and it is time consuming and people management.  I'm not anti social,   Just want to see if I can make it on my own, play at my own pace and bail if they don't fix the bugs or start making it a P2W cash grab with super OP guns and stuff.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dissention said:

As far as posse I don't want to join one yet.   I was leader/officer at other games for 4+ years and it is time consuming and people management.  I'm not anti social,   Just want to see if I can make it on my own, play at my own pace.......

Not all posses are structured like that.  There are plenty of folks who have established a pool of players that they game with on a casual level.  I know I do.  If someone is on we see if we can join and do what activities the group wants to do.  Sometimes it's just me, sometimes just a friend and other times a full party.  

 

1 minute ago, Dissention said:

......and bail if they don't fix the bugs or start making it a P2W cash grab with super OP guns and stuff.

The Gold Bar system is essentially all cosmetic items.  R* has already said that is what the system will be and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  We have no reason to assume they will begin to lock more powerful weapons, etc. behind a paywall.  Pay to shortcut is one thing but P2W is not the route R* is interested in going in their GaaS model.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Not all posses are structured like that.  There are plenty of folks who have established a pool of players that they game with on a casual level.  I know I do.  If someone is on we see if we can join and do what activities the group wants to do.  Sometimes it's just me, sometimes just a friend and other times a full party.  

Yeah this game has a full range of posse options, and I do better with the casual crowd than the hardcore gamers.  I was dropping in and out of session posses but there is something about the allure of being on my own, probably the whole old west theme that I find alluring.  

 

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

The Gold Bar system is essentially all cosmetic items.  R* has already said that is what the system will be and I don't see that changing anytime soon.  We have no reason to assume they will begin to lock more powerful weapons, etc. behind a paywall.  Pay to shortcut is one thing but P2W is not the route R* is interested in going in their GaaS model.  

Yeah the gold bar system in comparison is closer to fortnite than PUBG, I could still drop a few bucks and shortcut the items but that doesn't get me to I think lvl 80 with the exploding slugs and 92 with the exploding arrows, so their no shortcut to that.  

I'll admit I'm just a little bitter as the last few games I played (primarily mobile) where super p2w or just heavy grinding.  Heavy grinding always seems to be the way to go.

 

I'm an older guy who remembers when GTA3 came out, vice City was my favorite, I bought all up to GTA 4 and skipped 5 because I was bored with the genre so my history is their games without add ons.   So I'll admit I'm a skeptic.

Bugs are my biggest pet peeve but R* has by far the best support I've seen.  The GAAS model seems to be the new craze and if it stays that way I'm good

 

Back to the original question I don't know if I'm their target customer, older dude with kids, some time and disposable income but I love the online portion of the game.   It has a little bit of everything and I like the genre. I would like to see it grow and I don't cheat, or grief and not a get to lvl 200+ and move on.

 

The last update was not really a "nerfdate" and burn it down situation.  They just need to make some bug fixes and rethink some aspects

 

Yeah I'm sorry I posted long response...so #4

Edited by Dissention
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Voss said:

Trying to figure out if R* is catering to what they know the audience to be or if they just can't figure out how to make the game fun.

What silo do you fall into?

1. Free Roamer: Play missions and intercept other missions (don't mind the occasional griefer) and grind when I need to stay alive (money and food)

2. Just want to explore and grind (kind of wish I had a private instance at times)

3. PVP and Free Roam events are my jam

4. Split my time pretty much doing some of all of the above.

5. GRIEFER!

I fall into #1 and I play with a small posse.

***Short answers preferred to keep post relevant ;) 

2. Just want to explore and grind (kind of wish I had a private instance at times)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little bit of 1 and 2.  Really, it's a strange issue for me because I was enjoying playing the main story missions, but I randomly got put in a group for the final mission one day when queued, and now, I've missed out on all the other threads.  It's a bit of a bummer, just because I didn't get to experience the narrative the way it was intended... 

but then again, a lot of the stranger missions are okay to fill the time.  Love getting those missions from Sean.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

Love getting those missions from Sean.

Some of the ones from "the Boy" are pretty fun too although I feel like beating him to a pulp.  ......and Shaky for that matter.  It's like talking to a tweaker.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When i log ind, the first thing i do is go for the Dailys, as they are easy XP. 

Then i go hunting, because i love when you have your satchel filled, go to the butcher and just see the money pour in (LEGIT!!!)

- Also, i have a certain route i follow for the Ambush, and ganghideouts. 

I simply love this game.. and with every update, im more hooked! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

I have a map of the gang hideouts, and I can't get any of them to populate for me in any session.

The envy I feel is very, very real.

Seriously? - Last night i got 4 hideouts, and 3 enemy ambush.. ?

I know there is a difference if you go trough on Day/night time, but if you by day travel in the north, almost straight from valentine up to the grizzly`s you should encounter 2 Ambush & 1 Hideout. 

By night, take the route from valentine, down past Rhodes and in the area of the Braithwaites, there should be another Ambush & gang hideout. (Nighttime)

If you want to be 100% sure that they spawn, make sure you shoot animals on your way, and maybe skin a few animals. 

Rockstar has a "Weird" award system, that awards you if you are an active hunter :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

#1 Play because i dont have any money to buy a new game.

Maybe it will be ok in a years time or so, right now pretty empty if you ask me and it seems that rockstar wont add that much in the near future.

Edited by Zampen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoy many aspects to the game. The scenery is so wonderful it is a pleasure to travel and roam freely hunting and fishing. 

I also enjoy being slaughtered doing the various multi player battles. I guess I may get better at them over time.

I even enjoy being shot by some random player while trying to make it to the butcher only to be killed and lose my stuff. (This means I didn't get server drops and lose my stuff)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zampen said:

#1 Play because i dont have any money to buy a new game.

Maybe it will be ok in a years time or so, right now pretty empty if you ask me and it seems that rockstar wont add that much in the near future.

Well, a glimmer of good news is that since last week they have been saying to expect more content, updates, bonuses, etc. on a more regular basis.  

 

Last week:

"Stay tuned each week for new content, bonuses, limited time clothing and more coming in and out of the Red Dead Online Beta and keep an eye out for more updates as we continue improving and growing the world of Red Dead Online."

 

This week:

"Stay tuned for a raft of updates big and small including gameplay like the Fishing Challenge, new Showdown Modes, and Target Races – along with new weekly bonuses and a lot more."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope i am wrong but i think the weekly updates will be the rest of the unreleased stuff that where in the feb update. Dont see that they will add more things probably until summer but im still hoping for pve content / missions and not more clothes etc  

Edited by Zampen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zampen said:

I hope i am wrong but i think the weekly updates will be the rest of the unreleased stuff that where in the feb update. Dont see that they will add more stuff probably until summer but im still hoping and hoping for pve content and not more clothes etc  

Well, cosmetics are certainly going to be part of it but I'm also expecting to see more content in the way of gameplay.  Unfortunately for me, the content that is PvP related (PvP game modes) is not something I tend to enjoy.

Time will tell....

 

EDIT: btw, CoD MW Remastered is free this month for PS+ subscribers.  THat may give you a little something to do in the meantime and won't cost you anything.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kean_1 said:

Well, cosmetics are certainly going to be part of it but I'm also expecting to see more content in the way of gameplay.  Unfortunately for me, the content that is PvP related (PvP game modes) is not something I tend to enjoy.

Time will tell....

 

EDIT: btw, CoD MW Remastered is free this month for PS+ subscribers.  THat may give you a little something to do in the meantime and won't cost you anything.

I'm curious to see what the fishing challenge is going to be like. I'm definitely going to participate in that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I rarely ever buy anything other than the standard edition of games so that won't be until the 15th for me.  :)

I'm the same way: the last time I purchased a Collector's Edition of any game was Halo 3, when I got the Master Chief Helmet version, so I think 11+ years in between is a suitable gap.

I'm also not overly enthused for anything on the horizon this year.  Anthem had my interest, but as I've said before, it's making all the mistakes TD1 did at launch, so I figure I have a year until they get it sorted out and somewhat playable.  As others have noted, it's a game that basically lets you play as Iron Man in an open world, so it's going to be pretty hard to screw up.

As for TD2, I'm ready.  I have two more Exotics to pick up to close out the last Shield (Marshall), and then I'll be locked & loaded with all the goodies.  Given how little time I have to play anymore these days, I'm not above paying up front for a little extra to enhance my enjoyment, especially if those extras don't provide a competitive advantage.  I'm not a monster.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...