How is everyone?

brennanchilders246

24 minutes ago, Parzival said:

I just found out a guy that's been trolling the forum I help run might be getting sued for defamation and harassment, so pretty good right now. 🤣

Nice.

That really sucks when some folks simply can't just move on with life. 

Luckily, it doesn't happen often around here that we have to address "issues" as the community is generally pretty mellow, friendly and just cool.

....but yeah, my day is starting out just fine today.  :)

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Nice.

That really sucks when some folks simply can't just move on with life. They talk about how crappy the forum is, the staff, community, yourself or whatever. They say they don't care.  .....but then they keep sending nasty PMs, posts, threats, etc. throwing a fit and blame others for being childish, rude, power hungry, etc. ....essentially, we are all the problem and they're fine.  There is just no reasoning with some people when they get to that point no matter what you do so there is no alternative than to help them move on.

If I had that much of a problem with a forum I'd maybe have one departing post with suggestions/remarks (if that) and just leave.

Luckily, it doesn't happen often around here as the community generally pretty mellow, friendly and just cool.

....but yeah, my day is starting out just fine today.  :)

The thing is, he was on the forum for a good few years and was one of our most chill, least confrontational members. Then he started complaining about being harassed on YouTube, at which point a couple of those "trolls" appeared and showed me proof of him killing animals, stalking actresses he worked with, doxing people and their relatives, making death threats, and even threatening to bomb a police station. There was even a podcast where the guy outright admitted to all of this.

Needless to say, I couldn't risk anyone in my community (however small it may be) inadvertently raising his ire and suffering any of this, so I banned him. And he's been trolling the site (and attempting to troll me) through VPNs and duplicate accounts ever since. With my minimal online presence (that is, no YouTube videos or social media accounts revealing my face or real name) and with an entire country and ocean between him and I, I'm at far less risk of any IRL retaliation than anyone else on my site.

14 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Ouch. Bumper and/or panel(s)?

Just the rear bumper.  In anything older, I would have just shrugged and left it.  However, I have to hand the car back next year and I doubt they'd be impressed with the damage.

7 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Just the rear bumper.  In anything older, I would have just shrugged and left it.  However, I have to hand the car back next year and I doubt they'd be impressed with the damage.

Well, as long as you get a decent painter and the body guys can install the new bumper properly you should be good to go. 

When my wife got rear ended in her Forester, the body guys didn't really install the bumper as well as I liked and even the paint could have used another pass or two IMO. .....but she couldn't even notice so I left it as is. 

If it were my car I would have taken it back but then again, I'm kinda OCD like that with my vehicles.

Still sucks though.

Doing fantastic, we've finally managed to pay down our bills enough that the wife thinks she can budget the rehab on my motorcycle this year, so feeling pretty pumped.  It's had to sit for years now, not going to require a rebuild, but will take a lot of "fiddly" work to get her going again.

I had a major heart attack years ago, and the bike had to sit un-prepped for storage while I went through the whole ordeal. By the time I got back on my feet, between sudden forced retirement cutting my income 60% with no reduction in bills, along with life in general, I couldn't get her going again. Going to go through her front to back, and should be back on the road by June. At this point it's going to take new tires, and battery (major costs) then carb cleaning, oil, fluids, and the usual culprits, but very doable once the big three are bought. (And the big three have been the biggest sticking point) Can only get one a month, but much better than the none I could get before! :)  My big advantages are I had just put Sea-Foam in the tank and filled her up right before I got sick to do my annual minor fuel system cleanout, so tank shouldn't have issues from drawing damp, and she was due for new tires anyway so I don't have to swap out tires I didn't get to put any miles on.  I'll take what I can get at this point!

Yeah, my cardiologist isn't happy about it, but he can just deal :P 

• Like 1

Had stomach issues since last night. Feeling better today but still not 100%. Not sure if it was something I ate or what but I stayed home from work and been in bed most of the day. Decided to drag myself out and sit on my computer for awhile.

5 hours ago, SaulGoodMan said:

My insomnia is back with a vengeance. Having trouble sleeping more than 4 hours a day. I feel like a zombie lol

That's offensive to the undead. I demand an apology and restitution of no less that four fresh brains.

• Haha 3

Got to do some appliance shopping over the weekend. Got myself a new fridge and a new stove. It was on special at Bestbuy. They will be delivering them on Thursday. Actually pretty excited. Both are in black, something I have wanted for awhile now. White appliances are just ugly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Texas has white stuff coming from the sky. Not sure what it is or how it got here but wherever it came from it needs to go back. Looking forward to the free bounty hunter role promotion R* has going on at the moment. 

• Haha 1

When I was younger, someone tricked me into thinking snow was pieces of the clouds falling from the sky. To this day, I don't know why I believed that... LOL

I been doing okay I suppose. Got a 40 min workout session in shortly after waking up. Trying to get healthier and all that. I feel like I need a nap though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ragedhunter11 said:

When I was younger, someone tricked me into thinking snow was pieces of the clouds falling from the sky. To this day, I don't know why I believed that... LOL

I been doing okay I suppose. Got a 40 min workout session in shortly after waking up. Trying to get healthier and all that. I feel like I need a nap though.

Take that nap! 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:44 PM, SaulGoodMan said:

My insomnia is back with a vengeance. Having trouble sleeping more than 4 hours a day. I feel like a zombie lol 

Other than that, I am going pretty good. 

I have this issue too man. Had it since my early 20's. Seems like it is at its worse in the winter and early spring. I can sleep pretty good in the summer but I think that is down to just spending more time outside. 

On 2/8/2020 at 4:49 PM, bluntTR4P said:

I have this issue too man. Had it since my early 20's. Seems like it is at its worse in the winter and early spring. I can sleep pretty good in the summer but I think that is down to just spending more time outside. 

That could be my issue then. Maybe it is down to it being winter. I mean I hate the cold so I don't go out as often other then to work and back home really and most days, I work in the evening so the sun is already down.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:07 PM, SaulGoodMan said:

That could be my issue then. Maybe it is down to it being winter. I mean I hate the cold so I don't go out as often other then to work and back home really and most days, I work in the evening so the sun is already down.

Cold makes me more tired for sure so likely is. I know people with not so good circulation also have trouble with feeling tired in the winter.