I heard from Rockstar today, possible fix coming?

lumper

So, I usually send Rockstar a note once a week after a Tuesday update bothering them about the current state of the game, pestering them about communicating better with us.

I had said to them, you put out a newswire weekly yet say nothing about the number 1 question from nearly every player currently playing the online game, when are you goign to fix this issue? what are you trying? when will you try it? why wont you try these suggestions,? etc.... and I usually get the exact same reply, stay tuned, we are aware, etc....

Well after a lengthy back and forth with them last week that lasted til today, after explaining to them that fixing gold glitches and ignoring animal spawns is discouraging for players, preventing solo lobbys yet immediately fixing a duplication glitch isnt a good look.

anyway, my last reply from Rockstar came this morning, in it they said this, I am going to copy paste their words.

" we would like to inform you that these issues will be fix along with new patch,"

Now, we were talking about Tuesday's weekly updates just before this, so to me and I said this to them, it looks as though he is saying this weeks update may contain a bug fix for the animal spawns and server issues.

I cant be sure obviously for all I know he meant a patch that is coming down the road or in a certain amount of time, but it does give me hope.

It is the first time they ever said anything other than the same old nonsense, stay tuned, we are aware of the problem etc..

I had made suggestions, create a "Hunting mode" and allow players to join a session that is capped with 12 players and a 48 hour in game time frame, then booting them back to the server they were on prior to starting the mode, or just limit servers to 12 and see what happens, etc.. as well as several other ideas we floated, but in the end, they never tried anything, rather they are working on it on their end and hopefully will roll it out to us very soon, I feel like it is too good to be true that it will be tomorrow so I am not getting too excited, but it might be.

Let's wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Tomorrow does bring to those of us on XbX the new added content for both online and story mode that pc and ps4 got a month ago, so there is that, but who knows, perhaps we will be lucky and they will also roll out a fix for the animal spawns, fingers crossed.

• Like 7

Knowing rockstar, their fix will be....flood the landscape with so much wildlife you won't even see the ground.  You'll be walking on a sea of fur. 

And..... they'll break 3 other things that were previously working perfectly when they "fix" the animal spawns. 

Edited by Freakshow9191
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Freakshow9191 said:

You'll be walking on a sea of fur.

That could be a slogan for the next big furry convention! 

And yeah, it would not surprise me if they overdue it. Plenty of us have nagged them over the horrible state of animal spawns or lack their of. 

8 hours ago, lumper said:

So, I usually send Rockstar a note once a week after a Tuesday update bothering them about the current state of the game, pestering them about communicating better with us.

I had said to them, you put out a newswire weekly yet say nothing about the number 1 question from nearly every player currently playing the online game, when are you goign to fix this issue? what are you trying? when will you try it? why wont you try these suggestions,? etc.... and I usually get the exact same reply, stay tuned, we are aware, etc....

Well after a lengthy back and forth with them last week that lasted til today, after explaining to them that fixing gold glitches and ignoring animal spawns is discouraging for players, preventing solo lobbys yet immediately fixing a duplication glitch isnt a good look.

anyway, my last reply from Rockstar came this morning, in it they said this, I am going to copy paste their words.

" we would like to inform you that these issues will be fix along with new patch,"

Now, we were talking about Tuesday's weekly updates just before this, so to me and I said this to them, it looks as though he is saying this weeks update may contain a bug fix for the animal spawns and server issues.

I cant be sure obviously for all I know he meant a patch that is coming down the road or in a certain amount of time, but it does give me hope.

It is the first time they ever said anything other than the same old nonsense, stay tuned, we are aware of the problem etc..

I had made suggestions, create a "Hunting mode" and allow players to join a session that is capped with 12 players and a 48 hour in game time frame, then booting them back to the server they were on prior to starting the mode, or just limit servers to 12 and see what happens, etc.. as well as several other ideas we floated, but in the end, they never tried anything, rather they are working on it on their end and hopefully will roll it out to us very soon, I feel like it is too good to be true that it will be tomorrow so I am not getting too excited, but it might be.

Let's wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Tomorrow does bring to those of us on XbX the new added content for both online and story mode that pc and ps4 got a month ago, so there is that, but who knows, perhaps we will be lucky and they will also roll out a fix for the animal spawns, fingers crossed.

Way to go Lumper for going above and beyond. I saw a youtube clip (not promoting) that they could be possibly resetting GTA heist glitchers.... That was another nail in the coffin to me that they care about that cash cow more to this day than fixing lets say animal spawns which cripples the trader role. Let's hope they are serious. Once again good job!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MadMatt said:

That could be a slogan for the next big furry convention! 

And yeah, it would not surprise me if they overdue it. Plenty of us have nagged them over the horrible state of animal spawns or lack their of. 

Great, I'm going to have a hard time getting that image out of my head! LOL  I was actually part of the furry community decades ago before it got taken over by perverts and nut jobs, and was just about appreciating the artwork, not planning orgies and eating out of a dog dish. Now to get you back -- Some day, some kid is going to find a picture of grandma being walked on a leash.... enjoy!
Given that I am one of the "lucky" ones and can't take two steps in Bayou Nwa without having to check for alligators to be safe, I shudder to think what an over abundance of them would look like.
Here's hoping the fix includes the disconnect issue!

• Haha 1

Shot 5 x 3 star bison all in a row as they were running away.  Actually got an award.  Who says you can't ram more in your Hunting Wagon once it's full?  I had so many pelts and animals floating about the sides started falling off.

image.png.2a2456b90bfdaebda207b6805798adba.png

image.thumb.png.da064013aa04c9b73f586c5a6ca4ffed.png

10 hours ago, Faelwolf said:

Here's hoping the fix includes the disconnect issue!

Oh I hope so!

I've been doing OK on the animal front. While I've definitely noticed a significant paucity of animals, usually I go hunting up in the snowier part of the Grizzlies, which isn't necesssarily heavily populated, but I can at least get enough pelts and stuff by riding all the way to Sadie's shack and back to get Cripps working again. 

But the disconnects! They're driving me insane! Now that I've finally got a hunting wagon it's not so bad, but before I was losing so many of those valuable pelts that sometimes it took me two days to get one supply run out of it!

I just went to load up the game and there's a 3gb patch on Xbox One, so here's hoping...

Edited by FruitOfTheLum

44 minutes ago, FruitOfTheLum said:

I just went to load up the game and there's a 3gb patch on Xbox One, so here's hoping...

I just downloaded it.    Booted up the game.

3 games I joined.  I got my camp to spawn instantly.    Animals seem to be spawning but at a very low rate.

I saw an owl, a duck, a badger and a coyote.  Not much else.  This was in the tall trees area.

Will jump on later to play some more and see if its better.  I guess the swamp areas and gator spawns would be the real test.   But I didn't have time to check that out.

13 hours ago, llp said:

Way to go Lumper for going above and beyond. I saw a youtube clip (not promoting) that they could be possibly resetting GTA heist glitchers.... That was another nail in the coffin to me that they care about that cash cow more to this day than fixing lets say animal spawns which cripples the trader role. Let's hope they are serious. Once again good job!

Thanks, I dont know if badgering them does any good, but it feels like the only thing we can do, and sometimes you can get a decent human being on the other end who sometimes will leak info to you are hint at something to give you a new hope, this morning I havent put the game on yet, but lets hope this big fix patch does it.

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

3 games I joined.  I got my camp to spawn instantly.    Animals seem to be spawning but at a very low rate.

I saw an owl, a duck, a badger and a coyote.  Not much else.  This was in the tall trees area.

Will jump on later to play some more and see if its better.  I guess the swamp areas and gator spawns would be the real test.   But I didn't have time to check that out.

Funny, I spawned in yesterday and as I did, there were 6 or 8 Pronghorns at my camp, I shot 3 of them and got two of them on my horse, I thought hmm ok, this looks promising, but then I didnt see much else, here is hoping it gets better this week, who knows.

Moonshiner is still bugged. Value $ 206 flavoured with one broken. Got only $ 39 !!!!!

Seen not many animals. Shot some  cows. Still no wolves and pigs to shoot. 

Edited by Herta47

4 minutes ago, lumper said:

Thanks, I dont know if badgering them does any good, but it feels like the only thing we can do, and sometimes you can get a decent human being on the other end who sometimes will leak info to you are hint at something to give you a new hope, this morning I havent put the game on yet, but lets hope this big fix patch does it.

Funny, I spawned in yesterday and as I did, there were 6 or 8 Pronghorns at my camp, I shot 3 of them and got two of them on my horse, I thought hmm ok, this looks promising, but then I didnt see much else, here is hoping it gets better this week, who knows.

Kind of like GTA O.  When you first join a game your player area has max spawn rate.    Once you move from that area it changes.

The plus side is, at least I did see some animals after going for a nice ride around tall tress.  Just not much..     Hell i haven't seen a badger since 2019. 

15 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Kind of like GTA O.  When you first join a game your player area has max spawn rate.    Once you move from that area it changes.

The plus side is, at least I did see some animals after going for a nice ride around tall tress.  Just not much..     Hell i haven't seen a badger since 2019. 

yeah me too, I made a delivery and on the way saw a desert iguana and I havent seen one of those in literally weeks, so that was nice to see.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I've been riding around New Hanover for about two hours now, and haven't seen any animals *at all*! If they've done anything to the spawn rates at all, then if anything they've made them worse somehow! I can at least usually find an odd deer, some turkeys and maybe a couple bunnies in that place. Not even a bird now!

Edit: I finally found a two star deer - then I got disconnected!

Edited by FruitOfTheLum

16 minutes ago, FruitOfTheLum said:

I've been riding around New Hanover for about two hours now, and haven't seen any animals *at all*! If they've done anything to the spawn rates at all, then if anything they've made them worse somehow! I can at least usually find an odd deer, some turkeys and maybe a couple bunnies in that place. Not even a bird now!

Cant get any worse than before.   

Not sure what R* is doing.  

50 minutes ago, Herta47 said:

There is 'n update downloading now from 3Gb.

@FruitOfTheLum also mentioned that and they are on XB1 as well.  

I'll wager that is the SP content being added discussed in the weekly update.  ......not likely to do anything with animal spawns, etc.  Those issues I'm guessing would be on R* side anyhow vs. having to push an update / patch to consumers.

I've had a bit of experience with their support and I'm betting this is yet another canned response in hopes that they'd be able to close the ticket.

My support tickets have always been answered in the middle of the night, which makes me believe their support center is located someplace like India. Nothing wrong with that, but in my dealings with them, it's apparent that they're just working off of a script and it takes a lot to get to someone who will actually help you.

You said you'd been going back & forth with them for a while, so maybe you actually did get some real news, but until I see those fixes in the patch notes, it means very little. Unfortunately, there's not a single mention of bug fixes in this weeks update.

• Like 1

S.O.S. on the animal spawns. Got loaded into a session of 29 players(never seen above 26 before) and same barren, empty world. Played a while and animals appeared...server had dropped to 10 players. From there same old crap where the animals would appear and disappear as the server went above and below about 15 players. Did get a laugh though. At one point as I was grabbing some collectibles in Valentine, the animals appeared in hordes. Was down to just 6 of us. Nailed 8 Pronghorn and 5 ravens in one spot just outside town. As I did there was a 3 man posse shooting up the town. Figured they were noobs and I'd be a good guy and let them know the animals were everywhere, but turns out they were all high 100's ranks, so I just let them be and loaded up lol

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 7:39 PM, Dr_Wigglespank said:

I've had a bit of experience with their support and I'm betting this is yet another canned response in hopes that they'd be able to close the ticket.

My support tickets have always been answered in the middle of the night, which makes me believe their support center is located someplace like India. Nothing wrong with that, but in my dealings with them, it's apparent that they're just working off of a script and it takes a lot to get to someone who will actually help you.

You said you'd been going back & forth with them for a while, so maybe you actually did get some real news, but until I see those fixes in the patch notes, it means very little. Unfortunately, there's not a single mention of bug fixes in this weeks update.

Well, what I did was after submitting my abbreviated feedback/bug report I waited for the reply, once I get the reply, I then can reply with my email client and not their little forms which limit you to 1000 characters.

This makes it easier to give a detailed description of your issue and get some back and forth going, in the past it has served me well.

This time, I had replied, they got back to me with a response that showed me that they hadnt really read my reply, so I pointed that out and their next reply was much better.

In that reply we got to the heart of the matter which to me is lack of communication to the community.

I said "I get it, you have a script of responses to work from when users submit bug reports of things you already aware of, but what we want is information good bad or whatever."

I said you put out a newswire nearly every week yet never mention the issues or what you are working on and towards, it would be nice to read that you are working on xyz in an attempt to remedy the server issues, or you have a plan or you have tried these things and yet the problem remains, anything at all so we know that you are indeed working on what we are struggling with, when you dont communicate with us, out of desperation people start losing faith in the game and whether you are taking these issues seriously, etc...

I mean when they say we are aware, stay tuned to the news wire then they dont say anything in the news wire, its like, hey wth?

So it was after all this that I got that reply I posted part of.

Also, it was over 2 or 3 consecutive days, like each day I would find a reply, and then I would reply, and the next day I would find the next reply, etc.. 

Anyway, in the end there is nothing these folks that are talking to us can tell us , because they dont know, they are just doing a job, and they are there to record everything and then tell the developers who prioritize what they are going to work on based on all sorts of factors.

Sadly things are pretty much the same after the update and that stinks although it was expected, I figured the update was enough to get out that it gave them a reprieve from the spawn issues for a week while xbx users gobble up the new content, maybe even play some story mode during this time.

Hopefully they get to it and soon, it sucks that they arent a lot more transparent, I really dislike when a company just sort of ignores its community, I mean lets face it, we love this game for one reason or another, we complain because we are frustrated and we want it to work.

We know its potential and we are dying to just turn it on, have everything work and enjoy some interesting sessions, this game can be so amazing at times, especially when you arent frustrated over daily challenges to cook some pork which normally would be a non issue and you know there is little chance of you finding a pig, hog or boar anywhere in the game right now, it just makes me not want to play.

If it werent for the daily challenge streak, I wouldnt even turn the game in til they get it fixed personally, but I am not willing to give up my streak and have to begin again over it, I just pop in, do at least one then as soon as it isnt easy or it is frustrating, I bail.

I am in the beginning of a new game in story mode, and now that they released this update for story mode for xbx players I am actually excited to play it, so for me anyway this is my focus while they get it worked out.

All we can do is wait and hope.

The sad reality is we have lost I fear maybe even the bulk of our base, yeah there are a lot of players, no doubt, but have you looked at the player list closely?

How many players over level 100 in any given session, over 200?, 300?

In my last 10 sessions, it has been me at level 330 or so, and then maybe one other person in the 200's but sometimes not even that today it was two people in the 120's and everyone else, much lower, I would say the majority of players were under level 40.

So where are all the high level players? they left, they were bored with it, tired of waiting, and they just dont play.

Now if many are like me, they pop in and out quickly to check and then leave again, you may see a huge surge of players the day it gets resolved, but I fear we may not, Rockstar may have lost them for good.

When I was playing and ranking up from level 38 til  level 100, I was usually one of the lowest ranks in the game, and it was filled with 2,3,4 and even rank 500 level players, but today it is just the opposite.

Rockstar probably figures, it cant be helped, plus we already sold them the game, I would guess only a small % of players ever buy gold, so once they sell the game that is it, and once they have your money they dont care if you play or not, maybe? I dont know, just seems like that sometimes.

Edited by lumper
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, lumper said:

In my last 10 sessions, it has been me at level 330 or so, and then maybe one other person in the 200's but sometimes not even that today it was two people in the 120's and everyone else, much lower, I would say the majority of players were under level 40.

So where are all the high level players? they left, they were bored with it, tired of waiting, and they just dont play.

Wow, we could be twins. Level 330+ myself and same scenario in almost all sessions. 

In a way it's sad, but it's also understandable right now. Time of year combined with a serious lack of activities for high ranked players. 

As for time of year, it's not all that different from any online games. My main game has always been the NHL series. Top 100 player every year since the inception of online. Mass players in September when the game comes out...lot's of solid players...real competition...and few real trolls save the handful of well known ones that EA refuses to deal with. Fast forward to December when Hanukkah and Xmas hit...tons of low ranked and clueless players who got the game as a holiday gift and have no clue how to play, combined with the kiddies having time off school and more late nights equals tons of crap games and many of the hardcore taking a break from the game. Same here, I've been griefed more in the past few weeks than the preceding 5 months combined.

And as far as the activities, speaking for myself, but assuming the same for others ranked at our level...there's just not that much to do. Animals are scarce so trading is impossible. We've maxed all the occupations, earned a crapload of the buckles,  and hardcore collecting just burns you out. Sadly new content only adds something for a brief period. Last outlaw pass I had 40+ full collections hoarded, so I maxed out those 100 levels in less than a day. Even new occupations get old after a week or so...it's just doing the same old thing over and over again. Unless you're into griefing others, there's just not really any objectives to go for. I have every card maxed, own every weapon, every outfit etc. Sitting on 600 gold and 120k cash with nothing to spend either on. I even have every collection sitting maxed(save the coins because of some stupid glitch). Can't even focus on leveling up at this point since it's nearly 18k experience for each level now. At this point I'm about to join the ranks of the "log in for just a daily". 

Finally, the metric arseload of glitches and bugs that just never get fixed don't help. The holiday snow etc. was really nice, but concentration on adding that instead of addressing the obvious issues...animal spawns, camps not pitching, delivery issues and endless disconnects is seriously disconcerting. Does not give one any hopes for improved gameplay going forward.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pags said:

Wow, we could be twins. Level 330+ myself and same scenario in almost all sessions. 

In a way it's sad, but it's also understandable right now. Time of year combined with a serious lack of activities for high ranked players. 

Finally, the metric arseload of glitches and bugs that just never get fixed don't help. The holiday snow etc. was really nice, but concentration on adding that instead of addressing the obvious issues...animal spawns, camps not pitching, delivery issues and endless disconnects is seriously disconcerting. Does not give one any hopes for improved gameplay going forward.

R* effectively killed off its role playing, pvp, and free aim community over the past year since the launch of RD O.  

And most of the FORCED public session game play doesn't work correctly once too many players join a session.  Which is basically killing off the remaining players slowly but steadily.   And R* paying more for players to do nothing is just making the game boring.

All this game needs, is the exact opposite approach of what was done in 2018/2019.  That's pretty much it.     

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

All this game needs, is the exact opposite approach of what was done in 2018/2019.  That's pretty much it.     

If things simply worked as they should I'd wager many if not most would be fine with that. 

I'm not saying more options like that aren't necessarily welcome or a good idea but that's not the driving factor right now.  Its the disconns, animals spawns, loading issues, balancing / tweaking, etc. 

Personally, I don't want to load into a private session just to hunt and then have the same issue of a lifeless world when I'm in a public one.  I can already do that for the most part by loading up a legendary bounty.  They need to fix the root of the problem IMO. Also, if private sessions worked the same as GTAO, a lot of content would end up getting locked out to those who don't wish to join public servers.  Personally, I'm cool with the Free Roam for all with emphasis on mechanics that help mitigate griefing as they have been doing.  I can still participate in nearly all activities including all roles, etc.

I know some have had the problem to one extent or another before the last big update but for many of us, it was working fine before.  .....something was changed or broke and I'm guessing it was a result of optimization / performance tweaks gone wrong.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

If things simply worked as they should I'd wager many if not most would be fine with that. 

I'm not saying more options like that aren't necessarily welcome or a good idea but that's not the driving factor right now.  Its the disconns, animals spawns, loading issues, balancing / tweaking, etc. 

Personally, I don't want to load into a private session just to hunt and then have the same issue of a lifeless world when I'm in a public one.  I can already do that for the most part by loading up a legendary bounty.  They need to fix the root of the problem IMO. Also, if private sessions worked the same as GTAO, a lot of content would end up getting locked out to those who don't wish to join public servers.  Personally, I'm cool with the Free Roam for all with emphasis on mechanics that help mitigate griefing as they have been doing.  I can still participate in nearly all activities including all roles, etc.

I know some have had the problem to one extent or another before the last big update but for many of us, it was working fine before.  .....something was changed or broke and I'm guessing it was a result of optimization / performance tweaks gone wrong.

100% agree - I like the content and the way they are bringing things along as well as their overall vision/plans for the future. It’s only the bug issues and the way they allow the new players to get things we worked hard for so easy and cheap, yet do nothing for the long time players that frustrate me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kean_1 said:

Most people stopped playing due to boredom or the game being too easy (*Koff auto aim/tonics).   Also, R* has turned their back on what made their games enjoyable (Free aim/private/lobby options)  If they apply the same bullsh*t to GTA 6, it will have the same effect.    People would get tired of playing the game in the most retarded way possible and lose interest.

And on top of that, they REFUSE to fix their game.  Which is basically killing off the left overs.   Which are the only people left playing.  Which is us..

GTA O is still a buggy broken unbalanced mess.  But, theres tons of sh*t to do in that game outside of their crappy public lobbies..  RD doesn't have that option.

I mean, I have zero reasons to play in public sessions.  What exactly is the point of forced public lobbies?  To get shot in the back by someone using auto aim?   Hell, whats the point auto aim?

Like I said.  IF R* did the opposite.  This game would and R* would actually redeem themselves.  

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:51 AM, lumper said:

R* said they fixed the animal spawns in the moonshine update.which was total b.s. I doubt it will be fixed next weekly update.

i think that r* employees is just trying to end that convo with you.

• Like 1