Daily challenges are a joke

Loewenherz85

This is the second time in a week that the following thing happened to me. Today my last daily challenge was to clear out ONE hideout (I've already cleared out one). I have been roaming around for about 4-5 hours and went specifically to the spots where hideouts should spawn and NOTHING! I mean, I can understand that R* wants to keep us busy, but this is a big screw over. A few days ago, my last daily challenge was to pluck 2 whooping cranes. Took me 3 hours and went through all the specific locations where they spawn and couldn't find ONE lousy crane.

Anybody else having these kind of bad experiences with the daily challenges???

Cheers!

• Like 1

Yes.  Same thing.  The things you need for daily challenges seem to disappear the day they are challenge.

Last couple of mobile games I played did the same thing.   You spend more time, resources for little reward on daily challenge.  MCOC, a few years back, was real $ for daily challenge @ the time seemed worse than this

If I fall into them fine but I'm not grinding for them.

• Like 1

Yes, for example on days where you need to kill 2 roosters, plenty other players also have the same challenges and there are no roosters to be had anywhere. I think what's happening is somebody in the lobby gets lucky and gets to them first and then they never respawn.

Often I'll notice players going to the rooster/chicken areas, walk in and stand there, defeated. I've messaged them quickly asking if they too are there for a rooster or chicken and every time they say "OMG, YES!". I listed their spawn locations and asked if they've checked those places too. I always get told that nobody ever sees any animals at McFarlane's Ranch.

I had to get quails once, none spawned and I've found that if you kill birds especially from too far away, they despawn before you get to them, adding the frustration that they also will never spawn in again no matter how long you wait or how far you go and come back.

Herbs on the other hand work great for respawning. If you find a small area with a variety of herbs you can pick them, leave the area a fairly short distance and immediately come back and they're all respawned again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ozy8753 said:

Yes half of them don't work especially if you have to get more than 1 of anything, I gave up.

Same here. I noticed the ones that do work hardly give you anything either. Like how they expect us to level up doing these when more than half the time, they can't even be done? 

• Like 1

I've never had many issues with the Daily Challenges, I get the occasional challenge which will ask me to get kills with a gun I don't own but aside from that I've been able to complete them with ease. I've found that the easiest way of completing challenges that involve animals is to go to the location where the animal spawns and session hop until you get the kills you need.

• Like 1

Never had issues with daily. I start my game by doing the daily missions. Yesterday was more competition on hideouts bcoz there was a daily on it. 

When looking for hideouts its good to take high ground and look around for black smoke in the horizon.

The only issue i had with daily was when gathering  5 herbs - it didnt counted some of the herbs i picked so eventually i had to pick up 7 or even 9 to count to 5/5. This issue is no longer a problem for me after the last update tho. 

With animals - when You cant find them just change sessions or make a quick pvp match and come back. Works for me. 

Picking herbs is often a problem in terms of all of what you pick actually counting but other than that I don't have any problems with them. The clue is in the name - they are challenges - if they were easy what would be the point? The rarer animals can take some time to find but not many spawn ever anyway and everyone is out hunting them so of course it'll be harder than usual. Switching servers to start out at a location you know is good for the animal usually works - had to do that for the cranes the other day.

I like the daily challenges - they give a reason to do different things in the game and go to different areas of the map. I don't often get them all done (don't really like the PvP modes) but its still a good gold and xp boost.

Usually when you specifically are looking for a hideout, it doesn't show. Me and a friend found 6 while we wandered around hunting and doing the other challenges. Other than the herb one not always registering that you picked something (picking them too fast), I don't have problems. 

Like one said, can't find something just session hop.

18 hours ago, Ozy8753 said:

Yes half of them don't work especially if you have to get more than 1 of anything, I gave up.

the other day it happened to me with turkeys. you realize ? the turkeys! they are usually everywhere .. well, that day seemed extinct for me!
when I finally found one, it was by itself (they are always in groups of three or four elements).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find the need to session hop after about 20 to 30 minutes... it just seems like the animal population decreases the longer you're in a particular session

hunt until i have about 10 pelts and 3 perfect carcasses on my horse... attempt to get  a hideout to spawn... load up on some fish... sell at the butcher... fast travel to where I want to restart... and then hop to a new session to refresh the population

A lot of the challenges actively encourage griefing/cheap shots, unfortunately.

The other day I noticed 2 red dot players in a posse lassoing a blue dot who was AFK and dragging him. I killed them in defense of the player who was being dragged and they seemed to return to their controller. These two moved on and I chased them a ways before letting them go. About 10 minutes later I noticed they appeared to be fishing just by looking at the map. I rode down to them and circled, came back and chucked 2 or 3 dynamite sticks at them for a challenge of "Kill 3 players with thrown weapons from horseback". They got pissed and came at me hard with their best weapons lol. One even messaged me (I never responded). It seems they thought they were something to grief, but when I griefed them back, they got super pissed hahaha

I let them kill me over and over, by just standing and waving at them to let them know I didn't give a s**t. One player was level 38 so I figured he'd think he was cool and get some XP, but his posse leader was around level 235 and killed me way more times than the level 38 guy did. I probably sat there taunting them by waving/"I'm hit!"ing for about an hour before I got bored and parleyed hahaha.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Never had a problem doing them myself either.  As for those challenges involving killing other players, I simply never partake in those.

I try to do those in a showdown series or free roam event. The other day though when one of the challenges was to kill 3 players with thrown weapons from horseback, I was struggling to complete that in said modes, I ended up completing it in free roam against unsuspecting players. It made me feel like dirt. Thankfully, iirc, R* said that when the big spring update hits, it will do away with those pvp based daily challenges.

• Like 2

Just do a pvp match and kill dudes problem solved. Me i just shoot and dont give a sh*t anymore because again there is no consequens if you die so whats the problem ?

Edited by Zampen

22 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I try to do those in a showdown series or free roam event. The other day though when one of the challenges was to kill 3 players with thrown weapons from horseback, I was struggling to complete that in said modes, I ended up completing it in free roam against unsuspecting players. It made me feel like dirt. Thankfully, iirc, R* said that when the big spring update hits, it will do away with those pvp based daily challenges.

I don't recall them saying that those would be removed in the Spring Update but if they are, that would be nice IMO.  .....or perhaps at least make it so they are "event-only" where PvP engagements are recognized and expected.  Defenders would be expecting a fight but attackers are not penalized for their aggressive actions.    

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

I don't recall them saying that those would be removed in the Spring Update but if they are, that would be nice IMO.  .....or perhaps at least make it so they are "event-only" where PvP engagements are recognized and expected.  Defenders would be expecting a fight but attackers are not penalized for their aggressive actions.    

Found it. It was in state of the update on 3/18. It mentions restructured daily challenges that eliminate hostile gameplay in free roam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Found it. It was in state of the update on 3/18. It mentions restructured daily challenges that eliminate hostile gameplay in free roam.

Ah.....   There it is.  Sorry, I didn't doubt you, I just didn't recall reading that.  Guess it didn't stick in my mind since it was never a big issue for me as I hadn't had the problems with griefers as some have especially after the radar / blip changes.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Ah.....   There it is.  Sorry, I didn't doubt you, I just didn't recall reading that.  Guess it didn't stick in my mind since it was never a big issue for me as I hadn't had the problems with griefers as some have especially after the radar / blip changes.  

You know, it's  funny. Since the blip color change, I've been killed by more blue dots than red ones. Not that big of a deal since I just kill them right back and move on, but it's  still annoying as hell! I can't  wait till the implement the offensive and defensive flags. Of course griefers are always going to find new ways to grief, but at least R* is trying. 

• Like 3

On 4/9/2019 at 7:52 PM, CrabApples said:

I don't do them often but when I do, they seem to work fine for me and really straight forward. I can understand people not liking some of them but I nor my friends have had any issues with completing them. 

Lucky you. I have issues almost every week. I stopped bothering with them like a month and a half ago. Seems like for some people, the issues only got worse. Not sure why this game is unevenly broken. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 3:17 PM, Vaderspupil said:

You know, it's  funny. Since the blip color change, I've been killed by more blue dots than red ones. Not that big of a deal since I just kill them right back and move on, but it's  still annoying as hell! I can't  wait till the implement the offensive and defensive flags. Of course griefers are always going to find new ways to grief, but at least R* is trying. 

With "20 Players killed" as a daily challenge, I'm not quite sure how much Rockstar really is trying. I've stated before that this split personality type behavior confuses gamers as to what is really considered acceptable behavior.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how "restructured Daily Challenges that eliminate hostile gameplay in Free Roam" really plays out, compared with 20 Players killed, but today's rather confusing behavior does very little to clarify Rockstar's real attitude toward griefing. 

Griefers and disruptive players use the fact that they can complete challenges such as this while in free roam as some kind of tacit approval that they should.

• Like 2

I also have a little problem with what R* understands when mentioning "Enemy". 2 days ago one of the daily challenges was "5 Enemies trampled". Now, my first thought was to simply find hideouts and trample 5 "enemies". Guess what?! Didn't work. Apparently those aren't enemies, when it comes to R* daily challenges. It only worked when I trampled another player. Of course I didn't go through with the other 4 kills, because it's just STUPID, but that just shows how much R* really cares about "clean" play in Free Roam. Some of the daily challenges are simply just provoking players to become hostile. If you really want Free Roam to become clean, why the hell do you award hostile play with gold?

Enemy should be NPC, I have always found it to be so. For instance, yesterday I did the lasso 5 enemies from horseback by making random passers-by angry with me and then lassoing them. Just lassoing them directly doesn't work. Trampling can be a tricky one as often enemies are merely knocked down not killed directly from being run down by the horse - best to soften them up with gunfire first.

I'm not saying the challenge wasn't glitched for you the other day (that's entirely possible and I didn't complete that challenge either) but generally speaking NPCs are enemies.