Jump to content

Player Assassinations......


Sportty
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can only confirm. We stopped doing them. Sometimes it is possible to skip missions by going out, riding away and return shortly after. Does not always work but at some instances. You can also just go to another missions and return later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree these missions are not well thought through. At the moment I still have the advantage most of the time that I have a faster and staminawise better horse compared to most players, so I occasionally get the mission done. The player targetted should get a big reward if actually engaging (shooting the people targetting him) otherwise they just run or jump server. Also an option to skip this should be implemented as I can understand that most people will not want to disturb others as this causes the backlash of fighting eachother over and over or at least hinders the targetted player in his online routine. It is especially bad when the players horse is fully packed. The reward to do this for the attackers is also too low for all the hassle and backlash.

Whenever I am targetted I try to get to a fortress like position and wait it out and try to snipe my attackers.

Edited by Euphoric77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When your in a Posse with 4 man, you can close them in. You can use fast travel to, so you get 2 man infront and 2 at the back. Do i like the mission= NO . 

Euphoric77 , your not the only 1 with a fast horse. 

I have seen 1 running to his camp and we can't get him becausse he whas in his camp thats a way to. 

I do the fast travel up and down the map they never got to me on time. 

I also hate it when they are not able to catch you on time they troll you afther time limmit is don, thats a little messt up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, john013 said:

When your in a Posse with 4 man, you can close them in. You can use fast travel to, so you get 2 man infront and 2 at the back. Do i like the mission= NO . 

Euphoric77 , your not the only 1 with a fast horse. 

I have seen 1 running to his camp and we can't get him becausse he whas in his camp thats a way to. 

I do the fast travel up and down the map they never got to me on time. 

I also hate it when they are not able to catch you on time they troll you afther time limmit is don, thats a little messt up.

But you can get him in camp sniper shot will kill, I know as i was in my camp and sniper killed for assisination, when the 1st assassination came at me don't know what this was all about then but since i have escaped about 2 dozen of them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mark4407 said:

But you can get him in camp sniper shot will kill, I know as i was in my camp and sniper killed for assisination, when the 1st assassination came at me don't know what this was all about then but since i have escaped about 2 dozen of them

Thats weird, i sniped the guy i try to shoot him with a shotgun noting helpt. We even tried to get him out off his camp. Nothing workt for us. Have you raised your whiteflag ? I think the guy was laughing is balls off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

What? You expect them to just stand there and allow themselves to be shot?🙄

Did it ones , the guy was near me and i didn't have time for that BS off running away. I was collecting herbs and hunting , so i run to him waved. He was stunned by my action for a moment and then shot me lol. Same guy thankt me with a message an said he never would go hunt for me because he didn't whant to shot an other online player. Where going our own way afther that i could go on with my herbs and hunting and he was doing the side missions on his own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You don't have to accept the mission - you know it's a player assassination before you say yes.

Unless I've got a load of skins/carcasses on my horse (in which case I run) I go with Euphoric's approach, hole up and try to fight the assassin off.  What's not fun about that? 

It's nothing like the random guy that shotgun's you in the back of the head in Valentine High Street, it's part of the structured play of the game, and you're given fair warning if you're the target.

Just what I think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Sportty said:

PLEASE remove the frickin time limit on Player Assassinations!!!  Every time I get this mission, they run away and I never reach them in time!

They should remove the player assassinations.  It pays nothing and just bothers players for no reason.,

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, john013 said:

Thats weird, i sniped the guy i try to shoot him with a shotgun noting helpt. We even tried to get him out off his camp. Nothing workt for us. Have you raised your whiteflag ? I think the guy was laughing is balls off. 

No ididnt raise the flag i wasnt even aware of what was happening till i was shot whilst just sat in camp and and logo came on screen telling me i had been assassinated It was very early ingame for me and i didnt even know about these assisnation things back then but soon clicked on how to avoid them, Had about 2 dozen set on me now and survived all of them bar that first one 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got this mission the other night with a 5 min timer, barely enough time to get to my destination, half way there I realized it was a nother player I was supposed to kill, so I stopped and let the time run out. The guy was just doing what I usually do...hunting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2019 at 8:32 AM, HuDawg said:

They should remove the player assassinations.  It pays nothing and just bothers players for no reason.,

^^^^^  ....this.  

I have only done two and been the target of one.  One of our posse was targeted and we simply escaped.  When I was the hunter, the first one resulted in the target coming after us after the time limit was up even though we disengaged (we never killed him in time).  The second, we disengaged after killing the target but then they started coming after us after the event.  

This mission type breeds toxicity IMO / IME.  It's not even worth it unless you're a troll looking for an excuse to grief other players.  I simply don't do them when they pop up.  However, I do enjoy the NPC assassinations where you have multiple targets, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i feel like a flaming-nancy running from them so i just find a good cover/camp and eat them up as they rush, there's an overwhelming  advantage to to sitting tight, in a 1v1 the aggressor should typically lose.   2v1 though you expose yourself to the second person ... and luck has it for me that if i manage to kill both of them they spawn in opposite areas and have be on 2 fronts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/8/2019 at 11:32 AM, HuDawg said:

They should remove the player assassinations.  It pays nothing and just bothers players for no reason.,

Amen.

I don't know if they fully thought this through or if it isn't a complete concept, or what. It just seems stupid and senseless if you ask me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Skrylaxx said:

Amen.

I don't know if they fully thought this through or if it isn't a complete concept, or what. It just seems stupid and senseless if you ask me. 

they could give more incentive to the target to stay and fight.   like a decent hunk of XP and cash for killing the assassin. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2019 at 1:51 AM, Harlock1796 said:

You don't have to accept the mission - you know it's a player assassination before you say yes.

Unless I've got a load of skins/carcasses on my horse (in which case I run) I go with Euphoric's approach, hole up and try to fight the assassin off.  What's not fun about that? 

It's nothing like the random guy that shotgun's you in the back of the head in Valentine High Street, it's part of the structured play of the game, and you're given fair warning if you're the target.

Just what I think.

Probably the best response here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ItsTreesAndDen said:

Probably the best response here.

also if i see this as the mission, i zoom out my map and see how close people are...... so if Flaco Hernandez is offering me player assassination, and the next closest player is in strawberry then hell to the naw

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always look at mini map before thinking about this mission. If I see a posse close, I will have some members head that direction so that we have a better chance at catching the runner. I was chosen last night for one and had a good fight with the attackers. I see no problem with them . I like being on both sides of the mission. And to be honest the NPC ones are so boring and predictable. You know exactly where they are going to be. Some people get all butt hurt over this mission but I don't see why unless you troll the player after you kill them. Kill your target and move on. I killed someone this weekend who was marked but held his perfect cougar carcass until he revived because he killed his horse by mistake trying to run. He thanked me and moved on. Not all pvp is toxic like people make it out to be. And if you are using your Companion App, it is sooooo easy to avoid the player/s chasing you to run out the timer and get the XP. I just wish the payout was more on both sides. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

Not all pvp is toxic like people make it out to be. 

Yes, it is IME.  Wagon retrievals, etc.  Any PvPer who has participated in trying to stop me has always stuck around to kill us over and over again instead of vacating the area after the mission.  One group actually followed us to another session.  I don't know how, but there they were griefing us all over again.

As far as everyone else in the session, I would agree.  They are typically not toxic as they don't really care to ruin your fun.

I don't blame people for participating in missions as the game encourages it (I think they should save that for specific PvP events, but ok).  However, I also believe it encourages toxicity and griefing on unwilling participants.

Edited by Kean_1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Savage_Reaper said:

I always look at mini map before thinking about this mission. If I see a posse close, I will have some members head that direction so that we have a better chance at catching the runner. I was chosen last night for one and had a good fight with the attackers. I see no problem with them . I like being on both sides of the mission. And to be honest the NPC ones are so boring and predictable. You know exactly where they are going to be. Some people get all butt hurt over this mission but I don't see why unless you troll the player after you kill them. Kill your target and move on. I killed someone this weekend who was marked but held his perfect cougar carcass until he revived because he killed his horse by mistake trying to run. He thanked me and moved on. Not all pvp is toxic like people make it out to be. And if you are using your Companion App, it is sooooo easy to avoid the player/s chasing you to run out the timer and get the XP. I just wish the payout was more on both sides. 

PvP doesn't have to be toxic, many players make it so.  Many of players would have grabbed the pelt or found some way to added a little extra kick in the nards after the fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One useful tip: the target usually goes red on the map as soon as the mission is accepted, so can be a good opportunity for other posse members to get a head start, should they run.

I agree, there needs to be an adjustment, although removing the concept is a little harsh. How about only being able to attack low-honour players? or players in a posse? or those who recently killed someone (by accident or not) - this should hopefully make hunters safe(r).

finally, I agree that a good XP payout should be the case for both the hunters and the hunted - with the hunted getting the combined XP of all the hunters if they survive... BUT they have to avoid just running away. Maybe make it proximity based, or to have at least engaged in some kind of combat.

AND... there should be a payout for the hunters, should the hunted just disconnect. It takes time to travel to the mission, receive instruction, and then head off on the hunt. A quitter kills any potential payout.

 

Edited by Burratha
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

I got targeted today. Was just about to grab a collectible on the battlefield when it happened, it made me jump! I wondered if it had anything to do with me blowing up the policeman at the Lemoyne Raider camp nearby?

I pegged it! the red skull on map looked be coming from Black Belle's mission area. If it was her who gave the order, how dare she......  after everything i have done for her. 

Still it was a nice round trip to Emerald Ranch, Van Horn then St Denis and back to Bolger Glade to collect the jewelry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

The time: well if they make it any longer, then it's really a burden for the target. Your mission is intruding on their time.  Any longer and server jumps are guaranteed.  I know 5 minutes is about my limit.  If they were 10 minutes, I'd just jump lobbies and be back to my business in 2 minutes. 

Side note: it should only target medium/high hostility players.  IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't do them. when I first started playing online I did one and straight away it became a feud, we spent the next few hours killing each other, real waste of time. I think Rockstar should stop them as they can lead to all sorts of trouble, the other player doesn't know it's for a mission and you can't very well tell him lol. Stop em I say.

Odin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, LordOdin61 said:

I don't do them. when I first started playing online I did one and straight away it became a feud, we spent the next few hours killing each other, real waste of time. I think Rockstar should stop them as they can lead to all sorts of trouble, the other player doesn't know it's for a mission and you can't very well tell him lol. Stop em I say.

Odin

Well, they improved it over time IIRC as the player assassination were supposed to choose targets that were supposedly more hostile than others more often than not.  

Quite frankly, I haven't had an issue with it and can't remember the last time me or my posse were targeted.  I also don't recall how Defensive Mode was supposed to factor into this as well so that could have something to do with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

LATEST RDR2 NEWS CLIPS

×
×
  • Create New...