First time in ages ...trolls

Poggy

Today has been an odd day.  For the first time since the big update I was encountering trolls regularly - lots of lassoing while crafting, dynamite while at butchers, random attacks after leaving shops ... Across multiple sessions???  Weird.  I thought this sort of nonsense had been resolved?  Also, every time after I got killed I tried to feud and they'd always ignore, then run and hide in a shop???

• Like 1

Lack of Content. People are just bored as hell with the game, and their dripfed content and PvP mode updates aren't helping anything in Free Roam which should be their main focus. There are a million PvP games with the same game modes. There are few to non with the Free Roam aspect.

People have already hunted to the point of extinction, same with fishing. Stranger missions are being done in people's sleep considering they  played the hell out of them. As long as there isn't anything noteworthy being released in Free Roam you will see this increase at a fast rate.

• Like 4

I wounder hos much the next "big" update Will add when they finished dripfeeding all sometime this autum probably. A couple of boots and a shirt ? New mail missions from a new npc maybe ? With playerbase dropping 14% / month they better get this sh*t right

Edited by Zampen
  • Like 1

Doesn't sound like anything new to me. Been seeing it since I started and it hasn't increased much imo, decreased a little. But I assume it's partly the challenges they are doing. Even though we're supposedly encouraged to do them in the showdowns and such.

Ngl, I've blown people up for that 2 in 1 dynamite challenge. But I let them kill me a few times before poofing away.

Edited by Renascent
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Renascent said:

Doesn't sound like anything new to me. Been seeing it since I started and it hasn't increased much imo, 

Same old griefing clowns, as far as I'm concerned.

I tend to only play in free roam when I'm on passive servers, so that's not a problem. But I keep getting popped when I decide to play quick roam missions, when I'm either spawning in or out of them. So I haven't noticed any change at all. 

Lots of bored players + griefers if you ask me. It has been real apparent the last couple of days for me that players are frustrated, overly dressed and still roaming around the same empty world witouth anything to grind for anymore. Even i am a red dot now because honestly i dont care and ett be Nice when most are not

Edited by Zampen

This kind of stuff has happened for a while for me. Some days worse than others. Just a few days ago I was on a server where a large group was just yelling at each other and doing basically what you said in the OP. Like everyone else mentioned, the rise in this is likely down to boredom. 

• Like 1

There is literally nothing to do in this game for.  Like the other commenter said, nothing to grind for.  They need better missions, more things to own, gambling between players in the saloon and more people in the servers.

• Like 1

I think it really depends on the servers you get on or time of day.  I have had days where players just want to grief and run from PvP and then I have had days where it's all PvE as far as the eyes can see.  

• Like 1

I think the daily challenges often spur people into "griefing"-type behaviour.

The other day I had 3 daily challenges which were "5 player kills with Pump Action Shotgun", "5 player kills with Double Barreled Shotgun" and "Play 2 Free Roam Events".

It wasn't long and I ended up in a Sidearm Kills challenge free roam event, so I quickly got my pump action kills in there before the event actually started. Then I had to wait for another free roam event and my gaming time was winding down for the evening. I wanted to get the double barrel kills in another free roam event instead of cycling through the annoying "Make it Count" type modes, so I decided to approach red dots in free roam to see if they were hostile... Here's how it went... LOL:

I casually rode to the first red dot I found, and began picking herbs nearby, waiting for them to kill me so I could try to kill them. They were hunting deer. He walks up to me, and drops a Good deer pelt at my feet, waves and leaves... Uhhh... OK! 

I spotted a blue dot riding on a train, so I figured I'd ride alongside it in case they needed kills from a moving train. I got up beside them and suddenly somebody riding on the other side of the train killed me with a bolt action. I only managed 2 or 3 kills on him with the damn double barrel and he killed me countless times with the bolt action at a distance. We both got bored and moved on. I rode to Valentine and along the road, a purple player had a red player hogtied and over his shoulder. I slowed down to see if he'd try me. He raised his revolver and I pulled my double barrel and he turned around and started in the other direction. I decided to let rip hoping I'd nail both players for my last 2 kills but only one counted. Then there was another red player driving a coach (not in a mission) so I blasted him. I let them kill me after then went and paid my bounty at the nearby post office.

My point being, All the players who I HOPED would be a troll turned out chill, and the true trolls were the blue dots! Like another time I was peacefully bow hunting and a blue dot rode up, stopped 2 feet in front of me and planted an arrow in my face, then galloped away lol.

• Like 2

Many of the above posts I agree totally with. Dot colour seems meaningless nowadays as the daily challenges make you grief and become a red dot on the map just to achieve a challenge then you may be passive from then onwards. On the other hand you see a passive blue dot, continue to hunt, gather around that person and BANG, a bullet in the head because they are completing a daily challenge. This system created by R* seems a farce. I’m happy to work with others to gain the challenges taking turns to drop each other but for some reason mic communication seems to be lacking so this doesn’t seem to be an option.

What is the answer? 

A hunter, fisherman, gatherer room only?

Or

Change the daily challenges to prevent griefing which R* colour dot system was supposed to do?

Onto daily challenges and missions. Like was said in previous posts, they’re repetitive, boring, old and dull. I have always asked why do you get rewarded for taking forever to complete a mission when surely the quicker it is completed the better skilled the player. Please correct me if I am wrong and have missed the point there with missions. Challenges are repeated regularly and that rooster challenge is a bore, how many times do you find a chicken coup and no chickens / roosters???!!!

Things need...no must be shaken up and soon. I use to play daily with a large group of friends. Many have grown bored and are playing other titles, some months, even years old. I play only occasionally now until I find others to join up with or the game livens up again as it is soooooo repetitive.

Finally on my rant, the XP system. I had goals personally set that kept me grinding out the hours in game. I’m at level 63 now (not very high I know) but until I get to the 80s and 90s the rewards to unlock are in my eyes rubbish. A shirt, a holster, a hat, etc. I understand there can’t be fabulous rewards on each level but come on, you grind out over 5000 XP to unlock a hat?! Even some levels there is only one reward to unlock. Is it worth the hours? I’m not sure. Hence my boredom with the game. I really want this game to succeed and be great, but there is so much wrong in every department.

I would be very interested to hear others opinions. 

R* how about Double XP days to help get through these boring levels or think up some new, exciting, useful rewards to unlock so we have new goals to aim for? Or better new challenges and missions...please R* pleeeeaaaase!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evilcd said:

Many of the above posts I agree totally with. Dot colour seems meaningless nowadays as the daily challenges make you grief and become a red dot on the map just to achieve a challenge then you may be passive from then onwards. On the other hand you see a passive blue dot, continue to hunt, gather around that person and BANG, a bullet in the head because they are completing a daily challenge. This system created by R* seems a farce. I’m happy to work with others to gain the challenges taking turns to drop each other but for some reason mic communication seems to be lacking so this doesn’t seem to be an option.

What is the answer? 

A hunter, fisherman, gatherer room only?

Or

Change the daily challenges to prevent griefing which R* colour dot system was supposed to do?

Onto daily challenges and missions. Like was said in previous posts, they’re repetitive, boring, old and dull. I have always asked why do you get rewarded for taking forever to complete a mission when surely the quicker it is completed the better skilled the player. Please correct me if I am wrong and have missed the point there with missions. Challenges are repeated regularly and that rooster challenge is a bore, how many times do you find a chicken coup and no chickens / roosters???!!!

Things need...no must be shaken up and soon. I use to play daily with a large group of friends. Many have grown bored and are playing other titles, some months, even years old. I play only occasionally now until I find others to join up with or the game livens up again as it is soooooo repetitive.

Finally on my rant, the XP system. I had goals personally set that kept me grinding out the hours in game. I’m at level 63 now (not very high I know) but until I get to the 80s and 90s the rewards to unlock are in my eyes rubbish. A shirt, a holster, a hat, etc. I understand there can’t be fabulous rewards on each level but come on, you grind out over 5000 XP to unlock a hat?! Even some levels there is only one reward to unlock. Is it worth the hours? I’m not sure. Hence my boredom with the game. I really want this game to succeed and be great, but there is so much wrong in every department.

I would be very interested to hear others opinions. 

R* how about Double XP days to help get through these boring levels or think up some new, exciting, useful rewards to unlock so we have new goals to aim for? Or better new challenges and missions...please R* pleeeeaaaase!

Beeeeeeeettttttttttaaaaaaaaaaa. Yeah it's overused, but people are expecting too much for a game only few months old. If this is all you play, I kinda get the boredom. I'm 174 and I'm still enjoying the game, although I don't put in as many active hours (no I didn't cheat or no life, I work 45-50 hour weeks and on call, so I only have 4-8 hours to play a day).

I do definitely wish there was more to unlock or get for ranking past 100. The rewards seemed good until you get to about 60-70, then goes flat until the 90s. Then nothing after that but the every 5 level treasure map.

I feel Rockstar doesn't want an exact copy of RDO1, so maybe that's why they seem hesitant? cautious? with how they move forward with RDO2. They want it to be "successful" and long running like GTA.

I kind of view the player kills in the daily challenges as like a mixed party bag. I usually try to complete the kills with friends or in showdown. Or if I intend to be on long, I just wait cuz there's always some idiots who wanna try me.

I have a few friends who will troll other players. They do annoying things just to get a laugh and I can see the appeal in it but you would think after a while it would become boring to them. When they do their little runs on other players, I just do my own thing. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moosh89 said:

My point being, All the players who I HOPED would be a troll turned out chill, and the true trolls were the blue dots! Like another time I was peacefully bow hunting and a blue dot rode up, stopped 2 feet in front of me and planted an arrow in my face, then galloped away lol.

This is precisely my problem with the daily challenges and the dot system in general - it encourages you to be the aggressor knob towards everyone on the expectation they will be the same or to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and end up the victim, hogtied on the ground, missing your head 90% of the time. 

Yesterday was a perfect example - I did a load of hunting in New Austin and rode towards Blackwater to sell up when suddenly every dot on the screen was out to ride after me and kill me. Immediate thought was bloody griefers but a bit later that it occurred to me these were likely just regular players wanting to trigger feuds for the daily challenge. 

A bit later my brother and I were doing the countering a stranger mission task on each other but one was taking a wagon into Valentine so of course we encountered other players and had to treat them all as aggressors and shoot on sight, no doubt appearing as griefers to at least one guy, who in retrospect, I don't think wanted anything to do with the mission. I let him revenge kill me after the mission ended and went on my way. My brother attempted to initiate feuds with a couple of the players by killing them again but they weren't interested so probably just thought he was a di*k.

We generally clear off the PvP tasks with each other but lately there seem to be more and more which you can't do with just 2 of you or in the PvP modes, making free-roam into grief-roam. Anyone know, by the way, what the cool-off time is for initiating or accepting a feud with the same player?

evilcd - I think the reason missions pay out more the longer you take is because R* were kind of burned by certain missions in GTAO being exploited by players finding ways to complete the best paying missions in really short order and then just grinding them over and over earning millions within hours of gameplay. You could argue thats poor mission design and a lazy solution or perhaps just acceptance that people will always find a way to work the system. It was a better solution than just removing those missions (which they also tried) for those of us that liked the variety of the missions and just wanted to play them normally.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, virgil_caine said:

It’s Spring. I’m free roaming in the real world. May check in next fall...if there’s still a player base lol

Weird flex but okay...

CJmeWKK.gif

Edited by Renascent
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, CosmoKramer said:

A bit later my brother and I were doing the countering a stranger mission task on each other but one was taking a wagon into Valentine so of course we encountered other players and had to treat them all as aggressors and shoot on sight, no doubt appearing as griefers to at least one guy, who in retrospect, I don't think wanted anything to do with the mission. I let him revenge kill me after the mission ended and went on my way. My brother attempted to initiate feuds with a couple of the players by killing them again but they weren't interested so probably just thought he was a di*k

They probably did think that of your brother... mainly because no one communicates with each other in this game. Buy a cheap ear bud, plug it into your control and talk.. the most frustrating thing is the whole damn world is full of mutes who don’t talk or interact unless it’s waving or shooting (and sometimes waving then shooting).

1 hour ago, The_Liquor said:

They probably did think that of your brother... mainly because no one communicates with each other in this game. Buy a cheap ear bud, plug it into your control and talk.. the most frustrating thing is the whole damn world is full of mutes who don’t talk or interact unless it’s waving or shooting (and sometimes waving then shooting).

We play with party chat within the posse  - I can’t abide listening to a bunch of kids screaming over their mics constantly while I’m trying to play.

55 minutes ago, The_Liquor said:

... then mute the one or two kids... my mic is on constantly and I rarely hear this in free roam (PvP modes are a different story)

I love playing Showdown but have zero interest in the nonsense people say, yell , blasting music, barking out orders , name calling,etc. So if I am solo, I just set up a PS4 Party Chat and play music. Don't have to worry about a thing. Otherwise I couldn't deal. There isn't enough time to mute the kiddies, heavy mouth breathers, foreigners screaming in their native tongue, etc. Been using PS4 Party Chat a lot more , especially since the last major update. I really don't understand why people don't mute their mics. 

Edited by Savage_Reaper

I had a strange one Sunday, wasn't trolls though. 

I booted online up and when I came in to play after about 5 minutes there was 4 or 5 lads in bandanas over there faces walking in a circle around me. I waited for one to lassoo me or simply shoot me. 

But after a minute or so I simply walked away and they went there own way. Just thought it was weird. 

37 minutes ago, G IR U IB said:

I booted online up and when I came in to play after about 5 minutes there was 4 or 5 lads in bandanas over there faces walking in a circle around me. I waited for one to lassoo me or simply shoot me. 

But after a minute or so I simply walked away and they went there own way. Just thought it was weird. 

I and my posse sometimes follow people around doing the crab walk (first person crouching). Or we'll form a line and walk around like that. It looks creepy but it's funny af the different reactions we get. Half the time we get shot at lol.

4 hours ago, G IR U IB said:

When I’m bored, I tend to find the busiest town, walk around doing the ‘shoot em up’ emote until someone shoots me. Or if I’m lucky and find people hanging out in a saloon I’ll continually do the ‘prospector jig’ until I’m punched, shot, stabbed etc...

I’d be much less likely to be bored if the rest of the world wasn’t full of mutes.

Edited by The_Liquor

5 hours ago, Savage_Reaper said:

I love playing Showdown but have zero interest in the nonsense people say, yell , blasting music, barking out orders , name calling,etc. So if I am solo, I just set up a PS4 Party Chat and play music. Don't have to worry about a thing. Otherwise I couldn't deal. There isn't enough time to mute the kiddies, heavy mouth breathers, foreigners screaming in their native tongue, etc. Been using PS4 Party Chat a lot more , especially since the last major update. I really don't understand why people don't mute their mics. 

Sorry for the double post...

that at last part we can agree on. I unplug it I’m about to eat a handful of chips, my kid starts babbling, a phone call comes in etc... people don’t need to hear that, but that’s exceptions to the general rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Very funny, unusual encounter with a griefer. I am in my camp and this idiot is riding circles around me again and again....whose gamer tag is very very red. I grabbed my shotgun and load exploding slugs. I lower the flag and take aim following him as he circles me two times. He draws his revolver and I let him head shoot me. It's on. I ride after him and blast him about three times.

He sends me a text:  I only shot you because you were aiming at me.  I said of course I was aiming at you, doing laps around my camp like an idiot. 

He replied "wow, you're a 107 using explosive ammo against a 65? Really?"

I responded Yes, I earned the privilege that comes with a level from XP earned,  and you will do so, too,  when you get to level 91 or so. You were asking for it, and I gave it to you." 🙄

He does not respond so I sent another text:. FYI I only purchased the shotgun slugs pamphlet. I did not use explosive rifle rounds on you. That is a close-up weapon and I reserve its use for Griefers. 

He replies oh, okay. All good. 🤪

As the comedian Ron White says oh, you can't cure stupid.