Lancaster or Litchfield?

Tio Loco

If it's online it depends how good you are with either one and what cards you have. You want to take down other players as fast as possible if you're attacked. Delivery runs you probably don't want to mess around if others are coming at you Rolling Block Rifles.

On 12/19/2019 at 5:43 AM, Tio Loco said:

Probably debated to death... the stats tell me go with Litchfield but the many of the comments on other forums say Lancaster. I cannot afford both. What do you guys think?

Well, they constantly nerf and buff weapons, so this can change, but for bloom the Lancaster is better or at least used to be, the Litchfield I think is more powerful in stats? but the bloom and other attributes make the Lancaster a more effective weapon, at least that was how it was when I playing pvp and used to try to figure out the best weapons for fast paced close combat.

The best rule of thumb is whatever weapon you feel more comfortable with and have more confidence with is what you should be using, and I say try them all.

I have them all and I do like the Litchfield, I find myself using the Lancaster the most though, sometimes I use the Evens for the 24 round capacity but usually the Lancaster.

Also, try the varmit rifle for headshots believe it or not it works great!! experiment as much as you can.

I don't choose either, I much prefer the Evans repeater to both of these, 26 bullet clip which is almost double that of a Lancaster which if I remember right has 14, same with revolvers I choose LeMat, while npc's or even players are reloading I have the extra ammo to finish them off plus the shotgun shell loaded in the revolver.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LordOdin61 said:

I don't choose either, I much prefer the Evans repeater to both of these, 26 bullet clip which is almost double that of a Lancaster which if I remember right has 14, same with revolvers I choose LeMat, while npc's or even players are reloading I have the extra ammo to finish them off plus the shotgun shell loaded in the revolver.

At least I’m not the only one running around with an Evans... I like my LeMatte, but I’m trying out a pair of navy revolvers for the next while... So far I’m liking them.

• Like 1

Using a Navy Revolver on my PC character, quite nice but I am used to LeMat and will most likely change his weapon or wait till I have dual wielding and have one  of each, saying that I have a sawn off as my 2nd weapon on PS4 which I quite like, with Paint it Black Shotguns are beast 😁

17 minutes ago, LordOdin61 said:

Using a Navy Revolver on my PC character, quite nice but I am used to LeMat and will most likely change his weapon or wait till I have dual wielding and have one  of each, saying that I have a sawn off as my 2nd weapon on PS4 which I quite like, with Paint it Black Shotguns are beast 😁

I updated my Schofields to the Dual Navys.. And did the "lenght" on them... I simply cant stand them sticking out of the holsters.. so i went back to the Schofields.. haha :)

• Like 1

The Evans is the best repeater in the game ATM, IMHO. But between the Lancaster and the Litchfield, the Lancaster would be my go-to. The Litchfield does substantially more damage (and it's a really good-looking gun to boot), but it's wildly inaccurate. All the damage in the world is pointless if you aren't hitting your target.

• Like 1

You can kind of compensate for inaccuracy by using Paint It Black but you don't want to be doing that every shot you take. The Evans reigns supreme in the repeater class imho and I absolutely love it, very rarely miss a shot with it. I am not into the pistols though they have great firepower, I much prefer my revolvers, using Shotguns quite a lot lately and loving them although they lack a fair bit of range, they are good griefer sorting guns though especially with PIB.

So having the same dilemma i ended up bying both after using litch for about half a year.

Differences is big in favor of the lancaster if you play solo.

When using the litch solo in free roam, my schofield has allways outpreformed it. Faster aim, faster shooting, higer overall damage in clouse to medium range.

After using the lancaster for a few days i can say it rivals the schofield to the point where it becomes a question of taste, not "stats" if i want to use schofield or the lancaster as a solo player. indoors i deffo still want the schofield but outdoors it realy do not matter.

so to sum it up, it seems that the litch is superior in 2nd or 3rd line placments, it requiers a long aim time and that you are not under fire, but when it hit it realy hits, yet long aim time is not something you can afford to have when you are playing solo or have the front line attack role in the posse.

litch to me seems to be a hybrid of repeater and bolt action rifle.

Edited by NF85

My aim is terrible and I'm happy whenever I hit something at all, so I can't really judge accuracy. Here are a few other arguments to consider, though.

- The Lancaster holds 14 rounds, which is the same as the Varmint rifle, which makes it more likely that you accidentally blast that 3-star jackrabbit with an express repeater round and ruin the pelt. Point for Litchfield.

- The sound of the Litchfield is, however, much less satisfying than that of the Lancaster, achingly close to nails on a chalkboard even. Point Lancaster.

One point each, it's a draw for me.

:)

back in early 2019, I went with the Litchfield based on the Express ammo stat only, plus everything else statwise looked pretty good... 16 rounds... amazing looking rifle.. still use it today for hideouts, resupplies and split point ammo

On 12/23/2019 at 12:54 PM, We Are Ninja said:

The Litchfield does substantially more damage (and it's a really good-looking gun to boot), but it's wildly inaccurate.

THIS

On 12/22/2019 at 2:50 AM, LordOdin61 said:

The double edge sword that is the Evans is its reload time, reloading 24 rounds takes a while, so you kind of have to factor that in, yes you can manually reload from time to time ti prevent needing to reload the whole weapon, but it is something to consider.

I like the Evans too but after using them all, to me, the Lancaster is my go to.

What repeater would be best with explosive ammo.. so smaller clip size, etc?

I never liked the repeater until exploding ammo and the fire rate can hold off some posses at medium range.

Does the aiming reticule even matter much if we're one shotting someone with explosive ammo?   The speed is my only reason for liking repeaters.   I also carry explosive ammo in the navy revolvers etc (copper metal color is free and nice).

I've tried various repeaters but I'm not the best judge when it comes to what might be quickest for my given situation.

I guess best rate of fire... I'd have to log on to look.. but this thread made me curious...

What repeater best for posse busting with explosive ammo?

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Tom Dooley said:

Wouldn`t waste my money on any of them.  Prefer the bolt action in most cases. My fav combo is the Bolt-action + Evans, they complete eachother well.

My preferred combo for combat. I use the bolt from far off to thin the herd. As I move in closer, I switch to the Evans. Then a pair of revolvers to clean up the stragglers. When not fighting, the Evans gets switched out for the varmit rifle for killing any little critters and birds I see while roaming around.

Must have missed something, when did the Evans get a 26 round clip?

Any gun that you choose early in the game will get better the longer you use it.  My Rolling Bock rifle that I picked up at lvl 11 is a beast, it is maxed out for damage, accuracy whereas my Caracano is about 15% less in both categories. I use the Lancaster with long range and split ammo and get fairly good/consistent results. Though I must say, the sound of a particular gun is a big attraction and that is why I rarely use the bolt action rifle, reminds me of a BB gun I had as a kid.

1 hour ago, Redstarski said:

Must have missed something, when did the Evans get a 26 round clip?

In one of the updates leading up to the last big one if I recall.  They did a little tweaking and apparently increased the internal magazine size, etc. for some.