Update incoming!?

McLawDiz

Gun Rush is now showing on the map and on quick join (for me) but it says it is inaccessible right now. I think it’s safe to say that it comes tomorrow, or maybe tonight?

I guess we got to keep our eyes open for an update incoming! :)

EDIT: Just announced

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60804/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Update?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rdo-gunrush-01102019&utm_content=newswire

3c7e184vwl921.jpg

Edited by McLawDiz
  • Like 1

loving everything but.

• Parley Changes: We’re making the Parley system easier to trigger so that you can avoid aggressive players more quickly. In addition, it will be easier to trigger Feuds, Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds to take on attacking players in structured competition. 

" Proximity-Based Player Blips: Player location blips will soon appear only over short distances, reducing the range at which you are visible to others, decreasing the likelihood of being targeted by another player across large areas. Down the line, we’re also looking to introduce the ability to identify players who grief and kill indiscriminately with a progressively darkening blip that becomes more visible and at a longer range, so everyone in a session can identify potentially dangerous opponents at a glance and from a safe distance. "

^^^ **** YEAH ^^^

• Like 3

I like this game but haven't played lately.  This is the type of stuff that will bring me back.  I like the pvp aspect a lot but having a little more control with the new griefing measures sounds good.  I  like the idea that the more you kill people for no reason, the more others will be able to discern you on the map.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Looks like all that's coming in this particular update is a stupid new pvp game

Stupid is being too generous.

They have the best western game ever made.  People want shootouts.  Like RDR1.  Not Fortnite clones game modes

30 players..  one small area.  Auto aim.  Only one life.  YES!   So much awesome.  

16 minutes ago, keevil111 said:

I like this game but haven't played lately.  This is the type of stuff that will bring me back.  I like the pvp aspect a lot but having a little more control with the new griefing measures sounds good.  I  like the idea that the more you kill people for no reason, the more others will be able to discern you on the map.

But now I'm wondering if by killing these approaching characters, you then activate some bounty on yourself because my first instinct will be to shoot first and not ask any questions. And I hate PvP.

Today's change (Gun Rush) doesn't really do anything for me and the upcoming proposed changes seem a little too light for me, but it's a beta so I'll continue to wait and see. But, I sure am glad that there are other games, current and upcoming, to keep me occupied while Red Dead fleshes itself out.

• Like 1

So R* is going to add lawmen that go after people who commit murder?  And they have to pay a bounty off to get the law off them.

So basically anytime someone defends themselves?    Its always called MURDER regardless how who started shooting 1st.

Sounds like the same BS  they pulled with GTA O with insurance and bad sport, just to drain players money.

Edited by HuDawg

1 hour ago, Vaderspupil said:

Looks like all that's coming in this particular update is a stupid new pvp game.🙄 Future updates look promising though.

It's essentially battle royale, if my read on it was correct, which actually is a decent idea for folks who want the occasional change of pace.

59 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Not Fortnite clones game modes

To be fair, Fortnite  is a ripoff of PUBG, which is a ripoff of the actual film, "Battle Royale" (which I HIGHLY recommend).  Yes, Millennials, your precious Hunger Games is a blatant ripoff of the beloved Japanese Manga (and feature film).  But as I've said repeatedly here and elsewhere (and in the spirit of Rainman,) "Fortnite Sucks".

As a former Division player, I love the idea of standalone modes like this to change it up a bit.  Even the most ardent PvE player gets the occasional itch to try out something new, and having a limited scope application like this is going to be good for the game's longevity.

Don't care much about the new PvP mode, does sound a lot like a battle royale.  Haven't been all that into PvP last few years or so, tho I will occasionally hop in a match for something or other.  This update does get me my Arabian finally, it's been more than 30 days for the PS early access, so I guess R* isn't big on being on time with things like that.

Daily challenges should be good, probably cash and xp rewards for those, so slight increase in income and XP/hr.  Guess they listened to everyone about how the blips should work, cuz that sounds a lot like what everyone has been suggesting.  Never had to use the parley system so not sure what kind of change that is.  Sounds like they have the anti-griefing measures they want to implement figured out, just making adjustments.  Once those are out, I'll most likely spend more time in freeroam than I do now.  

Not all that happy about Beta lasting a few more months, but as long as we get a steady release of new content (maybe something new out of what was already leaked and such each week), it shouldn't be too bad.

Not a great deal for me either, shame,  Still doesn't really help the players (like me) who are not very good at the game. Not really sure what would help me online. Just the ability to hunt, fish and roam without some jerk killing me or my horse for no reason. oh well back to my other games for now.

• Like 2

New mode sounds like nothing new.  Didn't they have that in GTA online.  Except on GTA you parachuted in an fought in an decreasing map till only one survived?  Sorry Rockstar, and for what they was talking about new PvE content.  Sounds like they are focusing on PvP players and making it a priority.  If we follow the GTA model, before long they will have forgotten all about the PvE players and everything will be PvP.  

• Like 1

I'm a little leary about the proximity blips.  I wasn't too sure about them before but definitely not sure about them now.  I like that griefers will have a disadvantage by having their blip gradually change color and range but now players won't know if a town is infested with other players until they get there.  Curious as to the range.

As it is now, I simply avoid populated areas when solo and trying to play missions like wagon retrievals, mail deliveries and similar where you are exposed to potential threat from other players.

Griefers and kill squads could also have the advantage of being cloaked until they find a target rich environment as they rove around the map.  I guess I'll have to see how this works before I pass judgement though.  This may end up killing the advantage the phone app has been giving me to avoid them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BropolloCreed79 said:

As a former Division player, I love the idea of standalone modes like this to change it up a bit.  Even the most ardent PvE player gets the occasional itch to try out something new, and having a limited scope application like this is going to be good for the game's longevity.

I played a few of the PvP events last night with a friend (his choice).  I have to admit that while PvP in this game really doesn't appeal to me because of the gunfighting mechanics (e.g. auto aim, rolling around, etc.), there were a couple PvP modes I found pretty fun.  The "capture the flag" style mode was one of them and the "Most Wanted".  .....depending on the map.

I just wish there was a way to choose the mode you want instead of the way it cycles through modes / maps randomly.

I tend to like the co-op / team play modes more but again, this game turns into a free for all in most cases as its really difficult to coordinate any kind of tactic other than what's happening in the immediate vicinity.  Other downsides is that in some modes you use your own ammo and resources.  Also, there is no balance in player abilities / experience.  

Last night there was a player who was level 140+ who was unstoppable.  One shot head shots and when you tried to shoot him he went into this perfectly choreograph of rolls and instant, precise head shots.   .....not my idea of fun PvP play.  IMO, auto aim and the dive/roll feature completely ruins the experience and looks downright silly.

For me, I'm just waiting for Insurgency Sandstorm to release on console to get my PvP fix.  No markers, lethal TTK, the ability to use real tactics, etc.  RDO is more about the Free Roam / PvE for me.

Only a battle royal added as content...sad really, they should at  least address all the issues players are having before adding more PvP content. You need pve content/freeroam content to keep this game alive. 

Other great games are coming soon and if they don't fix this, people will migrate to other titles.

• Like 1

It was about time. Red Dead Online, though still officially in the beta phase ever since its late November 2018 launch, has just received its first DLC. This new Beta Update brings a new game mode to Online and Rockstar also outlined their plans for upcoming content and changes to the game.

The first new addition to the game, Gun Rush, is a PvP mode players can dive into right away. It's a variation of the Make It Count game mode that uses basic battle royale design. While in Make It Count you either only have a bow or throwing knives, Gun Rush adds firearms into the mix.

Schofield-2-800x450.jpg

You'll need to scour the playing field in order to gather weapons and ammo that let you gain the upper hand. Here too, the map shrinks over time, limiting the places where you can hide as well as the weapons you can pick up. The game mode supports up to 32 players and comes in two flavors - team based and free for all.

Rockstar Games has also given a brief rundown of Red Dead Online's roadmap. Officially the game will stay in Beta for a few more months, which will see a huge amount of new content being added and tested. Changes based on player feedback are also being implemented, so let's look at those first.

The developers are going to approach the issue of griefing with two new mechanics. Firstly, player blips on the map will soon become proximity-based, meaning you only see someone if they are physically close by. This means that if you can put some distance between yourself and the griefer, they can't follow you across the whole map.

Another related mechanic is similar to GTA Online's mental state. Rockstar plans to implement automatic detection of griefing, with the detection range of griefers' blips being larger. That means that peaceful players can see and track griefers from a distance, but not the other way around.

Combat-Awards-2-800x450.jpg

In this vein we can expect changes to the parley system as well in the coming weeks. Here, the changes are smaller, with the conditions being tweaked that makes the triggering of the system easier to deal with griefers faster. Posse Feuds and Leader Feuds will also be easier to start.

Upcoming changes to the Law and Bounty system also affect griefing, showing that Rockstar is committed to stamping out the issue. The updated system will slap bounties onto griefers which, if not paid within an allotted time, will attract NPC bounty hunters across all states that home in on you.

To further incentivize playing every day, Daily Challenges will also be added to the Red Dead Online beta. As these cover every aspect of the gameplay, you can use them to earn some extra cash and XP while practicing with those mechanics you're not entirely comfortable with yet.

As for upcoming gameplay content, Rockstar was a little more tight-lipped. We can expect more Showdown modes and Races, which doesn't come as much of a surprise, as well as new clothing, weapons and other items. Dynamic events will be added to the game, and the Land Of Opportunities story will be continued with further missions that bring back established characters while introducing new ones.

Check back to learn more about upcoming content in Red Dead Online.

The post Red Dead Online Gets First DLC appeared first on RDR2.org.

Read the full story

4 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Looks like all that's coming in this particular update is a stupid new pvp game.🙄 Future updates look promising though.

I think they are trying to give the PVPrs something else to do beside  kill people in free roam. A little grief relief until they add the other stuff.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

Only a battle royal added as content...sad really, they should at  least address all the issues players are having before adding more PvP content. You need pve content/freeroam content to keep this game alive. 

Other great games are coming soon and if they don't fix this, people will migrate to other titles.

There are tons of new games coming out, alot of them will be amazing, but none of them will have the longevity of a R* title. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BurbonChaser said:

On the other hand, we don't know the numbers or the feedback they have been receiving.  PvP events could be one of those things a lot of the RDO community are playing more of than Free Roam and perhaps have been asking for more content.  

I get it....  I'm a PvEer too and would like to see more missions, side quests, PvE mechanics and content.  ....and that's coming.  If I have to shelve RDO at some point, I will.  I still play GTAVO after all this time as new businesses become available, etc.  I don't believe RDO will any different for me as a title that I come back to from time to time.  

I would encourage people to let their opinion be known by submitting their feedback on R*'s website.  I've submitted all of my suggestions and complaints I've had here over there as well:

https://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption2/online/feedback?step=addb2b0b

1 minute ago, madfretter said:

I think they are trying to give the PVPrs something else to do beside  kill people in free roam. A little grief relief until they add the other stuff.

Hadn't thought of it that way but that makes sense.   Of course, those looking for easy kills will still prefer Free Roam, but more PvP activities may lure them away from the rest of us.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, madfretter said:

There are tons of new games coming out, alot of them will be amazing, but none of them will have the longevity of a R* title. 

Longevity really depends on whether or not they can keep a player interested.  If they focus just PvP players, PvE players get shafted and move on.  Companies really need to focus on the entire playerbase instead of here or there crap.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kean_1 said:

Hadn't thought of it that way but that makes sense.   Of course, those looking for easy kills will still prefer Free Roam, but more PvP activities may lure them away from the rest of us.

True. Maybe they'll bump the XP for the new game mode or something.

Just now, YodaMan 3D said:

Longevity really depends on whether or not they can keep a player interested.  If they focus just PvP players, PvE players get shafted and move on.  Companies really need to focus on the entire playerbase instead of here or there crap.

I'm just comparing it to GTA5.  6 years old and it's still going strong online.   I've been playing since launch, you? lol

Just now, madfretter said:

I'm just comparing it to GTA5.  6 years old and it's still going strong online.   I've been playing since launch, you? lol

Actually, lost me for a bit cause of the griefing.  Came back only because my son wanted to play it and wanted someone to roll with.  Then we realized the best money jobs was based on griefing PvP.  We still play on occasion.  I did just enough to unlock about all of the businesses.