Just Curious; What Level Are You & How Long Have You Been Playing?

KylesDad7

20 minutes ago, jACKx said:

I played on and off since the first weekend of the launch. I am a level 19 I believe. I might have hit 20 last night, I am not 100%. How often are you playing? 

I play for about 2-3 hours everyday after work, then a total of about 12 hours over the weekend.

lvl 34 IIRC and been playing since launch.

However, I only started really trying to level up by playing side missions, etc. so the last 10 or so were done over a short period.  Now I usually level up once or twice during a session.

Started story mode 3 days before online started so was was 3 weeks on that  So online mode started mid december for me and im level 60 with clothing, i wanted weapons i need and 3 horses plenty of gold and cash for now with ability cards all level one and now saving to go up to level 2 on all, could afford it now but would leave me skint ish like to keep a couple grand in pocket 

Edited by Mark4407

Player since day 2 :

Game time about 8 days ingame due to holiday break and addiction level too high :D, cannot play as much now as work started but tend to get 1 to 3 hours a day in.

Level 110 if I was xp grinding I would have hit level 200 by now. 75% of the time played was grinding Saint Denis hunting grounds and acquiring in game money. Did about 8 levels rooftop shooting in Saint Denis to grind xp and practice a bit of hipfire and general shooting with several guns. The other 20 % mainly running stranger missions with posses.

All ability cards done, Largest tent and fast travel point in camp along with luxury look (bought these with gold from store).

Owning the Chestnut arabian / Grey white fox trotter with beaver saddle / black Arabian with panther saddle

Gunwise i own the mausers / sawed offs / basic revolvers. Pump shotty / rolling block / bolt action / varmint / carbine and lancaster and bow.

The grind continues to get all pamphlets - halfway with the expensive ones out of the way. After that the golden Turkoman and getting all the guns in the game. In between I buy some clothing from time to time, but that is a point I am no caring too much about right now.

I'm currently 53 or 54 and started day 1. Luckily I recently watched a YouTube which told me to wait for the timer to go down on stranger missions cos it ups the XP. I'd been doing them as quickly as I could prior to that, thinking it would go in my favour.

Been playing since Day 1, (possibly Hour 1) and at L66 I think. Got all me guns tarted up and the white hat I wanted (I model myself on James Stewart...) Thanks for that tip Mary, it's a bit counter-intuitive, I always thought fast would be better. What worries me is, if other people in a posse don't realise this, they'll think I'm time-wasting and risking the mission, won't they? Can anyone explain this? It seems backward...

Starded on day 4, now lvl 118.

I reached lvl 100 very quickly thanks to PvP (it took me around 3 weeks, playing 2h daily nearly everyday + weekends).

I rushed first the showdown mode to train myself and because i did not found another way of making 1000 to +1500Xp per game while earning nice amounts of RDO$.... (games are only 7min duration, so it goes very fast)  And obviously it's fun :)

Now i'm fully equiped (weapons/horse/cards/nearly all pamphlets) and turned myself more into exploration mode, lot of fishing/hunting, roaming, trips to Guarma etc.

Still doing some PvP when my friends are playing it, that's a good thing anyway because we need to save money for future content!!! Soon, i hope :)

59 minutes ago, cory206 said:

Been playing since Day 1, (possibly Hour 1) and at L66 I think. Got all me guns tarted up and the white hat I wanted (I model myself on James Stewart...) Thanks for that tip Mary, it's a bit counter-intuitive, I always thought fast would be better. What worries me is, if other people in a posse don't realise this, they'll think I'm time-wasting and risking the mission, won't they? Can anyone explain this? It seems backward...

Well the only solution to this is to communicate.

RdrO

Sins Day 1 , Rank 59.  Playing only pve Hunting/Fishing/Herbs and the side missions. Maybe 1 hour played the pvp match. If i whane go shooting i go to Battlefield ore Call of duty game, auto iam in pvp its just mnaaaaaaa (idiot).

Story mode game (single player)

Sins Day 1 , 87% full game. And 100% at story.

Like exploring the map, having fun with frends.

6 hours ago, Euphoric77 said:

Well the only solution to this is to communicate.

I just thanked Mary for doing that, wouldn't have known otherwise. I wish more people would do that in the game as well, I'm happy to chat but not many are.

It still seems odd. I have seen it though, people hanging around before ending a mission, never understood it. Still don't.

I played since the first day (have the Ultimate Edition).  In the first few weeks, I played every day, 2-3 hours on weekdays, 6-8 hours on weekend days.  I've cut back how much i play, it's usually 1-2 hours every other day or so lately, only just hit 41 a couple days ago, haven't been on since then.  Haven't been playing nearly as much lately simply because of the lack of content.  Still really fun, still do enjoy it, it's just not as fun as it should be when the rest of the content is released after R* officially finishes the Beta.  I was grinding story missions back to back pretty hard at first, now I'll just do a couple here and there with some hunting in between depending on who/what's near me after a mission.

• Like 1

I'm rank 77. I started a week after launch. I was going pretty slow until I got into my ever expanding posse (some 25 people that we can choose from or fill up a session with on a good day).

The posse has made it extremely fast in getting those ranks. If one of us gets messed with the whole gang and then some will hunt you down. Even our solo members will come help.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Renascent said:

I'm rank 77. I started a week after launch. I was going pretty slow until I got into my ever expanding posse (some 25 people that we can choose from or fill up a session with on a good day).

The posse has made it extremely fast in getting those ranks. If one of us gets messed with the whole gang and then some will hunt you down. Even our solo members will come help.

Nice. It is good to roll deep. I too find it more productive and you just soak up XP. But I have seen large posses jumping from server to server in search of other large posses these past two weeks. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got to lvl 18 (I'm a baby lol). 

It's my go to game so am grinding slowly. I got other games I need to start but can't get off this. 

Been playing probably since about the 2nd week of January. Only play on weekends mainly stranger missions. 

Played RDR2 story since Christmas day...started Red Dead Online almost 3 weeks ago. Currently level 23.

For the first half of my RDO 'career', I really had no clue as to how to rank up. I just hunted and gathered a lot and mixed in a few missions from time to time. I'm starting to figure things out a little now and expect to start ranking up more quickly. 

ONLINE: I started a little later, 2nd week in December. I’m level 40 now. I flip between ‘just playing around’ and ‘OK I’ll seriously level today.’

I try very hard not to come across spoilers on boards, and I’ve watched maybe like 3 YouTube videos ever about RDR. I prefer to find it all out myself as part of the game play. I just this week figured out the warning shot thing, for instance.

STORY MODE: I pre-ordered and started Day 1. I’ve completed the main story arc, and gone through again another 30% or so. (MAN, that is a long story line). Some of the reason I don’t progress faster on-line is because I’m still playing around with a lot of the story mode stuff that’s not on-line (trapper clothing, etc).

Edited by Snipe